Air France - KLM increase number of flights to the Dominican Republic
The Air France- KLM group have announced the addition of 11 weekly flights to the Dominican Republic this winter. The new flights to Punta Cana, a popular beach resort among tourists, will benefit travellers heading to that Dominican destination.
For the start of the winter season, the Air France/KLM group announced that they would be ramping up the number of Dominican Republic flights they offer. As of October 2011, Air France launched daily flights, excluding Tuesdays, to Punta Cana International airport. Simultaneously, KLM began a twice weekly service to Punta Cana from Amsterdam-Schipol in October.
KLM President and CEO Peter Hartman noted the popularity of Dominican Republic holidays in the Dutch market. “I am delighted to announce that KLM will be adding Punta Cana to its network from the winter of 2011. The Dominican Republic is a wonderful holiday destination and is in great demand in the Dutch market. We are looking forward to working with our partners in the travel world to make this destination a success” Hartman said in the airline’s press release.
The French based operator, Air France, further boosted its operations in the Caribbean country with the announcement of three additional flights to the Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo airport from Paris Roissy-Charles de Gaulle airport as of 12th December 2011. Local manager, Nicholas Delaporte noted that the Air France – KLM group is adding an aggregate of an astonishing 11 weekly flights to the Caribbean island this winter.
The high demand for flights to the Dominican Republic is owed in large part to the country’s exotic beaches, the many luxury Dominican Republic hotels and resorts and of course the sunny climate. With temperatures averaging around 25°C and extended periods of sunshine and blue skies, the Dominican Republic is a favourite for those looking for to escape the harsh winters. Punta Cana, served by both KLM and Air France, is a popular choice for holidaymakers planning holidays to the Dominican Republic.
Located on the east coast of the country, Punta Cana is said to be the largest and fastest growing holiday hot spot in the Caribbean. The district has in excess of 50 hotels including the Majestic Colonial Punta Cana and the Excellence Punta Cana all inclusive resorts. Additionally, Punta Cana, now boasts of a total of six blue flag beaches following the recent announcement of the 2011/2012 Blue Flag awards, guaranteeing a pleasant day on any one of these pristine beaches where holidaymakers can take part in a number of water sports or simply sit back and enjoy the spectacular scenery.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
This all inclusive resort provides luxurious holidaying at its very best with a true Dominican flavour
- Boasting a wonderful location, immaculate tropical gardens, and a stunning stretch of beach
- A choice of six specialty restaurants featuring Mexican, Oriental, Steak House and more
- Honeymoon couples receive a bottle of champagne, fruit basket and a romantic dinner
From the allure of the beach to the excellence of premium all-inclusive service, this is the place to make your every holiday dream an unforgettable reality
- Family friendly services including an Explorer's Club for kids and a Core Zone for teens
- De-stress at the world-class spa and select from an indulging array of treatments
- Enjoy an array of activities including watersports, golf, horse riding, organised ball games, aerobic, dance and Spanish classes and more.
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...