Oman Air Orders Middle East's First Rolls-Royce engines for new 787 Dreamliners
Oman Air has ordered new Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines that will be used to power the airline's six new Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft. The leased Dreamliners have been ordered and will be used to transport passengers to and from Oman holidays from 2015.
After announcing last week that it will be acquiring six new Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft, Oman Air has ordered new Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines which will be used to power the new fleet.
The airline is the first in the Middle East to choose the Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engine and the aircraft will come into service in 2015 where they will be used to transport tourists going on Oman holidays and business travellers visiting the country for work purposes.
Chief Executive Officer of Oman Air, Peter Hill, said: “We look forward to further strengthening our relationship with Rolls-Royce through the selection of Trent technology, for next generation aircraft, that offers both efficiency and environmental advantages. In line with our expansion plan, which saw us receiving the first two Embraer E175 aircraft this year, we have now confirmed our order for the next phase of our fleet strategy.”
The Boeing 787 Dreamliner uses 20 per cent less fuel than similarly sized airplanes and the aircraft features a collection of new technologies including advanced composite materials, aerodynamics and engines, and in-flight systems.
During Oman flights on the new aircraft, passengers will be able to enjoy larger windows, modern interior, and an advanced cabin air-conditioning system that will provide better air quality throughout the journey.
Oman Air’s current fleet of aircraft includes four Airbus A330-200s, three Airbus A330-300s, 15 Boeing 737-700s/800s, two Embraer E175s and two ATR 42s. An additional two Embraer E175s have been ordered, along with the six new Dreamliners.
The national air carrier of Oman was awarded a four-star ranking for quality and service by Skytrax Airline Quality, following an extensive audit earlier this year. Skytrax is recognised all over the world as a leading independent authority on airline quality and assessment.
Oman Air was established in 1993 and over the years it has introduced routes to 41 destinations across the Gulf, Middle East, Europe, East Africa and Asia.
The carrier recently launched a new holiday brand in a new joint venture with Bahwan Travel Agencies that will see tourists staying in Oman hotels and visiting the country’s many attractions, parks and historical sites.
Earlier this year, the airline unveiled new First Class and Business Class lounges at Muscat International Airport where travellers can relax in modern and sophisticated surroundings and have access to upscale facilities before heading home from Oman holidays. These facilities include wash and shower rooms, quiet rooms, men’s and women’s prayer rooms, a business centre, dedicated dining facilities, and a “Chedi” spa which offers massage rooms with complimentary 15 minute treatments .
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...