Oman Air Orders Middle East's First Rolls-Royce engines for new 787 Dreamliners
Oman Air has ordered new Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines that will be used to power the airline's six new Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft. The leased Dreamliners have been ordered and will be used to transport passengers to and from Oman holidays from 2015.
After announcing last week that it will be acquiring six new Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft, Oman Air has ordered new Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines which will be used to power the new fleet.
The airline is the first in the Middle East to choose the Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engine and the aircraft will come into service in 2015 where they will be used to transport tourists going on Oman holidays and business travellers visiting the country for work purposes.
Chief Executive Officer of Oman Air, Peter Hill, said: “We look forward to further strengthening our relationship with Rolls-Royce through the selection of Trent technology, for next generation aircraft, that offers both efficiency and environmental advantages. In line with our expansion plan, which saw us receiving the first two Embraer E175 aircraft this year, we have now confirmed our order for the next phase of our fleet strategy.”
The Boeing 787 Dreamliner uses 20 per cent less fuel than similarly sized airplanes and the aircraft features a collection of new technologies including advanced composite materials, aerodynamics and engines, and in-flight systems.
During Oman flights on the new aircraft, passengers will be able to enjoy larger windows, modern interior, and an advanced cabin air-conditioning system that will provide better air quality throughout the journey.
Oman Air’s current fleet of aircraft includes four Airbus A330-200s, three Airbus A330-300s, 15 Boeing 737-700s/800s, two Embraer E175s and two ATR 42s. An additional two Embraer E175s have been ordered, along with the six new Dreamliners.
The national air carrier of Oman was awarded a four-star ranking for quality and service by Skytrax Airline Quality, following an extensive audit earlier this year. Skytrax is recognised all over the world as a leading independent authority on airline quality and assessment.
Oman Air was established in 1993 and over the years it has introduced routes to 41 destinations across the Gulf, Middle East, Europe, East Africa and Asia.
The carrier recently launched a new holiday brand in a new joint venture with Bahwan Travel Agencies that will see tourists staying in Oman hotels and visiting the country’s many attractions, parks and historical sites.
Earlier this year, the airline unveiled new First Class and Business Class lounges at Muscat International Airport where travellers can relax in modern and sophisticated surroundings and have access to upscale facilities before heading home from Oman holidays. These facilities include wash and shower rooms, quiet rooms, men’s and women’s prayer rooms, a business centre, dedicated dining facilities, and a “Chedi” spa which offers massage rooms with complimentary 15 minute treatments .
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...