Anantara Hotels & Resorts Expands into the Middle East
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas has announced that it will be opening its first city property in Abu Dhabi. The Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa will offer luxurious accommodation and facilities for tourists taking Abu Dhabi holidays next year.
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas has announced that it will be opening its first city property in Abu Dhabi next year as part of its expansion plan.
The hotel chain will be providing luxury Abu Dhabi holidays for tourists at the Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa and by the second quarter of 2012, its portfolio will include a total of five establishments in the United Arab Emirate, including Al Yamm Lodge and Al Sahel Lodge on Sir Bani Yas Island.
The hotel chain's regional sales director in the United Arab Emirates, David Garner, explained that the new properties are being developed to keep up with the growth of the city as it grows as a popular tourist destination.
Mr Garner said: “The aim is for Eastern Mangroves to become the preferred choice for UK customers and all our key source markets as an exclusive corporate and urban leisure destination experience in Abu Dhabi.”
Image by: Anthony Ball Photography, on Flickr
Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa is the first of the chain’s new Abu Dhabi hotels to open next year. The luxury hotel has 224 hotel rooms and suites; four themed bars and restaurants that offer a blend of local and international cuisine; a modern fitness centre and swimming pools; retail shops; a prayer room; an impressive ballroom and state-of-the-art conference and meeting facilities; and the luxurious signature Anantara Spa, where guests can indulge in Arabian treatments influenced by ancient therapeutic wisdom in a traditional Hammam or eight treatment suites during holidays to Abu Dhabi.
The hotel is located on a 1.2 kilometre stretch of Abu Dhabi’s protected Eastern Mangroves District and is just 15 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport. The city centre is five minutes away making it an ideal choice for both business travellers and tourists enjoying Abu Dhabi holidays.
Image by: Mo Baig, on Flickr
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas also operates the Desert Islands Resort and Spa on Sir Bani Yas Island, off the coast of Abu Dhabi, and the Qasr Al Sarab which is located in one of the world’s largest uninterrupted sand deserts, the Liwa Desert.
The hotel company operates luxury hotels in the Maldives, Thailand and Vietnam, and there are plans to open properties in China and Bali, Indonesia in the near future.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Make memories that will last time a lifetime with the whole family with a beachfront adventure. Begin amongst the lush...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...