Anantara Hotels & Resorts Expands into the Middle East
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas has announced that it will be opening its first city property in Abu Dhabi. The Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa will offer luxurious accommodation and facilities for tourists taking Abu Dhabi holidays next year.
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas has announced that it will be opening its first city property in Abu Dhabi next year as part of its expansion plan.
The hotel chain will be providing luxury Abu Dhabi holidays for tourists at the Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa and by the second quarter of 2012, its portfolio will include a total of five establishments in the United Arab Emirate, including Al Yamm Lodge and Al Sahel Lodge on Sir Bani Yas Island.
The hotel chain's regional sales director in the United Arab Emirates, David Garner, explained that the new properties are being developed to keep up with the growth of the city as it grows as a popular tourist destination.
Mr Garner said: “The aim is for Eastern Mangroves to become the preferred choice for UK customers and all our key source markets as an exclusive corporate and urban leisure destination experience in Abu Dhabi.”
Image by: Anthony Ball Photography, on Flickr
Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa is the first of the chain’s new Abu Dhabi hotels to open next year. The luxury hotel has 224 hotel rooms and suites; four themed bars and restaurants that offer a blend of local and international cuisine; a modern fitness centre and swimming pools; retail shops; a prayer room; an impressive ballroom and state-of-the-art conference and meeting facilities; and the luxurious signature Anantara Spa, where guests can indulge in Arabian treatments influenced by ancient therapeutic wisdom in a traditional Hammam or eight treatment suites during holidays to Abu Dhabi.
The hotel is located on a 1.2 kilometre stretch of Abu Dhabi’s protected Eastern Mangroves District and is just 15 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport. The city centre is five minutes away making it an ideal choice for both business travellers and tourists enjoying Abu Dhabi holidays.
Image by: Mo Baig, on Flickr
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas also operates the Desert Islands Resort and Spa on Sir Bani Yas Island, off the coast of Abu Dhabi, and the Qasr Al Sarab which is located in one of the world’s largest uninterrupted sand deserts, the Liwa Desert.
The hotel company operates luxury hotels in the Maldives, Thailand and Vietnam, and there are plans to open properties in China and Bali, Indonesia in the near future.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...