Anantara Hotels & Resorts Expands into the Middle East
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas has announced that it will be opening its first city property in Abu Dhabi. The Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa will offer luxurious accommodation and facilities for tourists taking Abu Dhabi holidays next year.
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas has announced that it will be opening its first city property in Abu Dhabi next year as part of its expansion plan.
The hotel chain will be providing luxury Abu Dhabi holidays for tourists at the Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa and by the second quarter of 2012, its portfolio will include a total of five establishments in the United Arab Emirate, including Al Yamm Lodge and Al Sahel Lodge on Sir Bani Yas Island.
The hotel chain's regional sales director in the United Arab Emirates, David Garner, explained that the new properties are being developed to keep up with the growth of the city as it grows as a popular tourist destination.
Mr Garner said: “The aim is for Eastern Mangroves to become the preferred choice for UK customers and all our key source markets as an exclusive corporate and urban leisure destination experience in Abu Dhabi.”
Image by: Anthony Ball Photography, on Flickr
Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa is the first of the chain’s new Abu Dhabi hotels to open next year. The luxury hotel has 224 hotel rooms and suites; four themed bars and restaurants that offer a blend of local and international cuisine; a modern fitness centre and swimming pools; retail shops; a prayer room; an impressive ballroom and state-of-the-art conference and meeting facilities; and the luxurious signature Anantara Spa, where guests can indulge in Arabian treatments influenced by ancient therapeutic wisdom in a traditional Hammam or eight treatment suites during holidays to Abu Dhabi.
The hotel is located on a 1.2 kilometre stretch of Abu Dhabi’s protected Eastern Mangroves District and is just 15 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport. The city centre is five minutes away making it an ideal choice for both business travellers and tourists enjoying Abu Dhabi holidays.
Image by: Mo Baig, on Flickr
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas also operates the Desert Islands Resort and Spa on Sir Bani Yas Island, off the coast of Abu Dhabi, and the Qasr Al Sarab which is located in one of the world’s largest uninterrupted sand deserts, the Liwa Desert.
The hotel company operates luxury hotels in the Maldives, Thailand and Vietnam, and there are plans to open properties in China and Bali, Indonesia in the near future.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...