Ceylon Tea Trails Becomes Relais & Chateaux's First Sri Lankan Member
Ceylon Tea Trails has become the newest member in Relais & Chateaux's portfolio of upscale resorts. The new membership will allow Relais & Chateaux to offer guests luxury Sri Lanka holidays for the first time as it makes its debut in the country.
Relais & Chateaux will be debuting in Sri Lanka’s tourism market as it invites Ceylon Tea Trails to be its latest member.
The luxury association will be providing Sri Lanka holidays for the first time through the luxury Ceylon Tea Trails hotel.
Ceylon Tea Trails was officially accepted into the prestigious association of top end boutique hotels and restaurants at the 36th Relais & Chateaux International Congress which was held in Cape Town in South Africa from 6th-8th November, 2011.
The Sri Lanka hotel was recognised for its exquisite cuisine and outstanding service provided to guests enjoying Sri Lanka holidays at the resort. The original colonial planter’s bungalows are located within the lush surroundings of Sri Lanka’s tea country. Ceylon Tea Trails has been honoured as one of the top Sri Lanka hotels after winning numerous global awards from TripAdvisor based on extraordinary reviews that have been left by former tourists who enjoyed holidays in Sri Lanka at the luxury hotel.
Malik J. Fernando, a director of Ceylon Tea Trails, said: “Ceylon Tea Trails is now a globally recognised, high end boutique hotel, which has gone beyond the ambience of the original planter’s bungalows to excel in its cuisine and service, to provide guests with a truly memorable experience that they happily praise in their comments to friends and prospective guests.”
Situated in the heart of Ceylon Tea county, four hours away from Sri Lanka’s capital city of Colombo, Ceylon Tea Trails boasts four traditional tea planters’ bungalows that were built between 1980 and 1939. The bungalows offer genuine period furnishings, Wi-Fi and the personal services of a manager, chef, butler and support staff. Guests can savour all inclusive gourmet food with fresh produce from bungalow gardens, and a wide selection of wine and spirits.
During holidays to Sri Lanka when staying at the Ceylon Tea Trails, guests can enjoy bike rides, hiking, tennis and croquet and relaxing in-room spa treatments.
Relais & Chateaux was established in France in 1954 and its exclusive members include the Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve & Wellness Retreat South Africa, Kauri Cliffs New Zealand, and Amberley Castle in the United Kingdom.
With over 500 members in 60 countries across the world, the association’s mission is "to spread its unique art de vivre across the globe by selecting outstanding properties with a truly unique character."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting a la carte menus and buffet style
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
Mount Lavinia is one of Sri Lanka's oldest hotel and with its impressive 200 plus years of heritage it has...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...