Ceylon Tea Trails Becomes Relais & Chateaux's First Sri Lankan Member
Ceylon Tea Trails has become the newest member in Relais & Chateaux's portfolio of upscale resorts. The new membership will allow Relais & Chateaux to offer guests luxury Sri Lanka holidays for the first time as it makes its debut in the country.
Relais & Chateaux will be debuting in Sri Lanka’s tourism market as it invites Ceylon Tea Trails to be its latest member.
The luxury association will be providing Sri Lanka holidays for the first time through the luxury Ceylon Tea Trails hotel.
Ceylon Tea Trails was officially accepted into the prestigious association of top end boutique hotels and restaurants at the 36th Relais & Chateaux International Congress which was held in Cape Town in South Africa from 6th-8th November, 2011.
The Sri Lanka hotel was recognised for its exquisite cuisine and outstanding service provided to guests enjoying Sri Lanka holidays at the resort. The original colonial planter’s bungalows are located within the lush surroundings of Sri Lanka’s tea country. Ceylon Tea Trails has been honoured as one of the top Sri Lanka hotels after winning numerous global awards from TripAdvisor based on extraordinary reviews that have been left by former tourists who enjoyed holidays in Sri Lanka at the luxury hotel.
Malik J. Fernando, a director of Ceylon Tea Trails, said: “Ceylon Tea Trails is now a globally recognised, high end boutique hotel, which has gone beyond the ambience of the original planter’s bungalows to excel in its cuisine and service, to provide guests with a truly memorable experience that they happily praise in their comments to friends and prospective guests.”
Situated in the heart of Ceylon Tea county, four hours away from Sri Lanka’s capital city of Colombo, Ceylon Tea Trails boasts four traditional tea planters’ bungalows that were built between 1980 and 1939. The bungalows offer genuine period furnishings, Wi-Fi and the personal services of a manager, chef, butler and support staff. Guests can savour all inclusive gourmet food with fresh produce from bungalow gardens, and a wide selection of wine and spirits.
During holidays to Sri Lanka when staying at the Ceylon Tea Trails, guests can enjoy bike rides, hiking, tennis and croquet and relaxing in-room spa treatments.
Relais & Chateaux was established in France in 1954 and its exclusive members include the Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve & Wellness Retreat South Africa, Kauri Cliffs New Zealand, and Amberley Castle in the United Kingdom.
With over 500 members in 60 countries across the world, the association’s mission is "to spread its unique art de vivre across the globe by selecting outstanding properties with a truly unique character."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....