Jamaica to Launch Partnership with Americas to Boost Tourism
Hot on their tail of winning the prestigious title of Caribbean's Leading Destination at the World Travel Awards ceremony held last month, Jamaica will be launching a major partnership with Latin and Central America to promote Jamaica holidays
Jamaica has outlined a series of initiatives to boost visitor numbers as it gets ready to launch a major new partnership with Latin and Central America.
Tourism Minister, Edmund Bartlett, said that the topic of the multi-nation partnerships and the benefits they would have on the number of travellers taking Jamaica holidays was discussed during the General Assembly of the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), which took place in South Korea last month.
Bartlett said that the Caribbean island would welcome the increase in Latin and Central American tourists choosing holidays to Jamaica as part of their multi-destination breaks each year.
Image by: MZcameraeye, on Flickr
The Tourism Minister said: “While I was in South Korea at the UNWTO General Assembly, we developed a joint communiqué regarding multi-destination marketing and airlift arrangements between Jamaica, Columbia and Mexico, and very soon a similar agreement will be signed with Cuba, Panama and the Dominican Republic to ensure that all six countries are inter-connected, with Jamaica being the hub for most if not all the airlines involved in moving tourists.”
Speaking about the opening of Cuba as a new destination for American travellers, Bartlett added: “When Cuba opens, that country will be part of that competition and they will be located somewhere down the order in terms of destinations trying to take business away from Jamaica. Jamaica’s reputation as the finest and most attractive destination in the Caribbean and the full fledge entrance of our neighbour will be seen as part of the diversification of the industry.
“The strategic approach Destination Jamaica has successfully deployed in recent years has ensured the tourism product is continually being renewed and therefore able to maintain a competitive edge.”
Prime Minister Andrew Holness made a speech at the JHTA 50th Anniversary Banquet last week and commented on the new 15,825 new rooms that were scheduled to open in Jamaica hotels in 2013.
Image by: Tommaso Renzi, on Flickr
Holness also talked about the island’s newest attractions; which are expected to entice travellers to book Jamaica holidays, including Rapid River Adventures, Club Mobay and Club Kingston, Dolphin Cove Negril, Chukka Caribbean Adventures in Falmouth, and Galeon Captain Hook Jamaica.
Jamaica triumphed at the World Travel Awards Caribbean & the Americas Gala Ceremony held last month in Montego Bay. As well as winning the coveted title of “Caribbean’s Leading Destination” for the sixth year in a row, the island was honoured as the “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Destination” after the new cruise terminal in Falmouth opened earlier this year. The island also earned the title of “Caribbean’s Leading Tourist Board”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Discounted rates available for 2018 available for a limited time!
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Located in New Kingston, the Knutsford Court Hotel offers a laidback atmosphere within a beautiful tropical setting....