Jamaica to Launch Partnership with Americas to Boost Tourism
Hot on their tail of winning the prestigious title of Caribbean's Leading Destination at the World Travel Awards ceremony held last month, Jamaica will be launching a major partnership with Latin and Central America to promote Jamaica holidays
Jamaica has outlined a series of initiatives to boost visitor numbers as it gets ready to launch a major new partnership with Latin and Central America.
Tourism Minister, Edmund Bartlett, said that the topic of the multi-nation partnerships and the benefits they would have on the number of travellers taking Jamaica holidays was discussed during the General Assembly of the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), which took place in South Korea last month.
Bartlett said that the Caribbean island would welcome the increase in Latin and Central American tourists choosing holidays to Jamaica as part of their multi-destination breaks each year.
Image by: MZcameraeye, on Flickr
The Tourism Minister said: “While I was in South Korea at the UNWTO General Assembly, we developed a joint communiqué regarding multi-destination marketing and airlift arrangements between Jamaica, Columbia and Mexico, and very soon a similar agreement will be signed with Cuba, Panama and the Dominican Republic to ensure that all six countries are inter-connected, with Jamaica being the hub for most if not all the airlines involved in moving tourists.”
Speaking about the opening of Cuba as a new destination for American travellers, Bartlett added: “When Cuba opens, that country will be part of that competition and they will be located somewhere down the order in terms of destinations trying to take business away from Jamaica. Jamaica’s reputation as the finest and most attractive destination in the Caribbean and the full fledge entrance of our neighbour will be seen as part of the diversification of the industry.
“The strategic approach Destination Jamaica has successfully deployed in recent years has ensured the tourism product is continually being renewed and therefore able to maintain a competitive edge.”
Prime Minister Andrew Holness made a speech at the JHTA 50th Anniversary Banquet last week and commented on the new 15,825 new rooms that were scheduled to open in Jamaica hotels in 2013.
Image by: Tommaso Renzi, on Flickr
Holness also talked about the island’s newest attractions; which are expected to entice travellers to book Jamaica holidays, including Rapid River Adventures, Club Mobay and Club Kingston, Dolphin Cove Negril, Chukka Caribbean Adventures in Falmouth, and Galeon Captain Hook Jamaica.
Jamaica triumphed at the World Travel Awards Caribbean & the Americas Gala Ceremony held last month in Montego Bay. As well as winning the coveted title of “Caribbean’s Leading Destination” for the sixth year in a row, the island was honoured as the “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Destination” after the new cruise terminal in Falmouth opened earlier this year. The island also earned the title of “Caribbean’s Leading Tourist Board”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...