Jamaica to Launch Partnership with Americas to Boost Tourism
Hot on their tail of winning the prestigious title of Caribbean's Leading Destination at the World Travel Awards ceremony held last month, Jamaica will be launching a major partnership with Latin and Central America to promote Jamaica holidays
Jamaica has outlined a series of initiatives to boost visitor numbers as it gets ready to launch a major new partnership with Latin and Central America.
Tourism Minister, Edmund Bartlett, said that the topic of the multi-nation partnerships and the benefits they would have on the number of travellers taking Jamaica holidays was discussed during the General Assembly of the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), which took place in South Korea last month.
Bartlett said that the Caribbean island would welcome the increase in Latin and Central American tourists choosing holidays to Jamaica as part of their multi-destination breaks each year.
Image by: MZcameraeye, on Flickr
The Tourism Minister said: “While I was in South Korea at the UNWTO General Assembly, we developed a joint communiqué regarding multi-destination marketing and airlift arrangements between Jamaica, Columbia and Mexico, and very soon a similar agreement will be signed with Cuba, Panama and the Dominican Republic to ensure that all six countries are inter-connected, with Jamaica being the hub for most if not all the airlines involved in moving tourists.”
Speaking about the opening of Cuba as a new destination for American travellers, Bartlett added: “When Cuba opens, that country will be part of that competition and they will be located somewhere down the order in terms of destinations trying to take business away from Jamaica. Jamaica’s reputation as the finest and most attractive destination in the Caribbean and the full fledge entrance of our neighbour will be seen as part of the diversification of the industry.
“The strategic approach Destination Jamaica has successfully deployed in recent years has ensured the tourism product is continually being renewed and therefore able to maintain a competitive edge.”
Prime Minister Andrew Holness made a speech at the JHTA 50th Anniversary Banquet last week and commented on the new 15,825 new rooms that were scheduled to open in Jamaica hotels in 2013.
Image by: Tommaso Renzi, on Flickr
Holness also talked about the island’s newest attractions; which are expected to entice travellers to book Jamaica holidays, including Rapid River Adventures, Club Mobay and Club Kingston, Dolphin Cove Negril, Chukka Caribbean Adventures in Falmouth, and Galeon Captain Hook Jamaica.
Jamaica triumphed at the World Travel Awards Caribbean & the Americas Gala Ceremony held last month in Montego Bay. As well as winning the coveted title of “Caribbean’s Leading Destination” for the sixth year in a row, the island was honoured as the “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Destination” after the new cruise terminal in Falmouth opened earlier this year. The island also earned the title of “Caribbean’s Leading Tourist Board”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- All Inclusive Resort with all meals and beverages included
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Family Friendly Hotel where up to 2 Kids can stay and play for free
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Have a break from the Kids with the adults only pool
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Enjoy an array of complimentary water sports & unlimited golf with transfers and green fees included
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...