Jamaica to Launch Partnership with Americas to Boost Tourism
Hot on their tail of winning the prestigious title of Caribbean's Leading Destination at the World Travel Awards ceremony held last month, Jamaica will be launching a major partnership with Latin and Central America to promote Jamaica holidays
Jamaica has outlined a series of initiatives to boost visitor numbers as it gets ready to launch a major new partnership with Latin and Central America.
Tourism Minister, Edmund Bartlett, said that the topic of the multi-nation partnerships and the benefits they would have on the number of travellers taking Jamaica holidays was discussed during the General Assembly of the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), which took place in South Korea last month.
Bartlett said that the Caribbean island would welcome the increase in Latin and Central American tourists choosing holidays to Jamaica as part of their multi-destination breaks each year.
Image by: MZcameraeye, on Flickr
The Tourism Minister said: “While I was in South Korea at the UNWTO General Assembly, we developed a joint communiqué regarding multi-destination marketing and airlift arrangements between Jamaica, Columbia and Mexico, and very soon a similar agreement will be signed with Cuba, Panama and the Dominican Republic to ensure that all six countries are inter-connected, with Jamaica being the hub for most if not all the airlines involved in moving tourists.”
Speaking about the opening of Cuba as a new destination for American travellers, Bartlett added: “When Cuba opens, that country will be part of that competition and they will be located somewhere down the order in terms of destinations trying to take business away from Jamaica. Jamaica’s reputation as the finest and most attractive destination in the Caribbean and the full fledge entrance of our neighbour will be seen as part of the diversification of the industry.
“The strategic approach Destination Jamaica has successfully deployed in recent years has ensured the tourism product is continually being renewed and therefore able to maintain a competitive edge.”
Prime Minister Andrew Holness made a speech at the JHTA 50th Anniversary Banquet last week and commented on the new 15,825 new rooms that were scheduled to open in Jamaica hotels in 2013.
Image by: Tommaso Renzi, on Flickr
Holness also talked about the island’s newest attractions; which are expected to entice travellers to book Jamaica holidays, including Rapid River Adventures, Club Mobay and Club Kingston, Dolphin Cove Negril, Chukka Caribbean Adventures in Falmouth, and Galeon Captain Hook Jamaica.
Jamaica triumphed at the World Travel Awards Caribbean & the Americas Gala Ceremony held last month in Montego Bay. As well as winning the coveted title of “Caribbean’s Leading Destination” for the sixth year in a row, the island was honoured as the “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Destination” after the new cruise terminal in Falmouth opened earlier this year. The island also earned the title of “Caribbean’s Leading Tourist Board”.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy a blissful escape to this amazing five star hotel offering endless privileges steps from the Caribbean Sea
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- Stay at the unique beach front Zoetry Montego Bay with Endless Privileges
- If you wish to get out and about from the resort then there is a complimentary shuttle to the Rose Hall shopping Arcade
- All Suites include dedicated butler service. This personalized service is at no extra cost
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...