Increase in Tourists Leads to 15 Per Cent Growth in Demand for Dubai Hotels
The number of tourists taking Dubai holidays is expected to surpass the 8 million figure by the end of 2011 and hotels in the Middle Eastern city are expecting the individual room revenue to increase by eight or nine per cent by the end of the year.
According to STR Global, the number of international travellers visiting Dubai is expected to reach over eight million by the end of the year and the influx of tourists is having a positive impact on hotel room revenues in the city.
In its latest forecast, STR Global says that the steady flow of tourists taking Dubai holidays has led to a 15 per cent increase in the demand for hotel rooms for the full year.
Dubai hotels are expecting to see revenue from available hotel rooms increase to 8 or 9 per cent in 2011. Data from STR Global predicts the new hotel room supply growth next year to reach 9.6 per cent.
According to the data, there are 13,000 rooms in the emirate that are currently under construction and a further 21,000 are in the pipeline.
Image by: Brent73, on Flickr
The demand for hotel rooms from tourists taking Dubai holidays increased by 16.5 per cent in the months leading up to August, 2011 compared to the same period last year.
The report revealed a 17.6 increase in the number of travellers seeking luxury hotel rooms; 9.4 per cent for average Dubai hotels; and 11.3 per cent for economy hotels in Dubai, compared to last year’s figures.
The STR Global report stated: “Branded economy and midscale hotels have been growing in the past few years as Dubai diversifies its hotel offering, which was until recently focused mainly on upscale to luxury segments. The additional new supply in the midscale/economy segments combined with slightly lower demand than the market resulted in an average room rate decline of 2.7 per cent and the lowest absolute level of occupancy at 69.0 per cent.”
Image by: Theodore Scott, on Flickr
Elizabeth Randall, the Managing Director of STR Global, explained: “The Dubai hotel market has managed to leverage its strategic location as a hub between continents and was valued as a safe destination during the Arab Spring.
“In addition, modern infrastructure, new hotel inventory and delayed openings have allowed the market to balance supply and demand. This is good news for hoteliers who can now build their occupancy and rate.”
International tourists taking luxury holidays in Dubai are expected to spend a total $7.8 billion in 2011, marking a 24 per cent increase on the $6.3 billion spent in 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Impeccable service combined with comfort and luxury at Hyatt Regency Dubai
- More than ten different Food and Beverage Outlets for your choice
- Try something absolutely unique on Dubai's only Ice Rink
- Located in the heart of the historic Deira with walking distance to the gold souks
Indulge in a shopping spree in Dubi or hop on the metro to Jumeirah Beach and soak up the sun .
- Free shuttle service to Jumeirah Beach
- Complimentary wireless internet access is available in public areas
- Free shuttle to Emirates shopping malls
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...