Tourism Board unveils advertising campaign for Costa Rica holidays
Costa Rica's Tourism Board has recently unveiled plans for a new promotional campaign advertising Costa Rica holidays and featuring a competition that will award lucky winners with some fabulous holidays to the green Central American country.
Yesterday, 8th October 2011, the Costa Rica Tourism Board rolled out a new advertising campaign for the promotion of Costa Rica holidays. The announcement was made as the board launched their promotional plans for the winter season, which are aimed at enticing and inspiring future visitors to discover the great variety of tourism offerings that have, for years, made Costa Rica one of the most coveted holiday destinations in Latin America, a popular place for studying abroad and a second home destination for Canadian and American travellers.
Titled Costa Rica’s Million Dollar Gift of Happiness the new campaign will be running from October 2011 to 5th February, 2012 and in the process of raising awareness about Costa Rica as a desirable holiday destination it will also be spreading happiness to some lucky winners by giving away a whopping $1 USD million dollars in holidays to Costa Rica for travellers from the United States and Canada only.
North Americans will be able to enter the competition to win one of the highly-coveted Costa Rica holidays by logging onto Costa Rica’s Facebook page, which will serve as the main hub of the promotional campaign. Other social networks such as Twitter, influential blogs and popular news outlets will be used as online platforms to find worldwide travellers who share Costa Rica’s values as a travel destination, and who, of course, would love the advertised "gift of happiness".
Winners of the week-long holidays to Costa Rica will have the option of choosing from a group of exciting themed travel packages, including Adventure Happiness (soft adventure), Adrenaline Happiness (extreme adventure), Romantic Happiness (romance), Wildlife Happiness (nature) and Authentic Happiness (culture). On the board's official Facebook page, Costa Rica fans will be able to preview a set of 5 videos that each show one of the five different trip experiences up for grabs in the competition. With a strong social media component, the new Costa Rica campaign will entice North American holidaymakers to discover the country’s legendary natural beauty, the many thrill-seeking adventures available and the famous sustainable tourism practises that have made the country one of the world's most Eco-friendly holiday destinations.
The "Gift of Happiness" campaign was inspired by Costa Rica’s recognition as one of the happiest places one earth by the New Economic Foundation’s Happy Planet Index, which rates the satisfaction of citizens based on a country’s quality of life, life expectancy and carbon footprint, and on the latter Costa Rica scores very low as one of the world's greenest countries. But the "happy" titles for Costa Rica don't end there, as the Gallup World Index’s The World’s Happiest Countries also named Costa Rica one of its happiest places in the world, positioning it as the happiest place in the Americas.
According to Costa Rica Tourism Minister, Allan Flores, the latest campaign marks the first time in 16 years that the Costa Rica Tourism Board has launched an institutional advertising campaign in the United States and Canada. With the new campaign Costa Rica Tourism Board also hopes to contribute to their overall goal of increasing visitor numbers to Costa Rica hotels by five percent annually.
Even though unfortunately, British travellers aren't invited to the competition, this new promotional campaign will also show UK holidaymakers what's so great about Costa Rica and why it is a fascinating holiday destination they should add to their list.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the Caribbean side of the country that has a culture of its own with joyful Reggae Music the beat of the region
- Discover the amazing Sloths at the Sloth Sanctuary in a little bit of paradise with various other animals to see along with fauna in the tropical rainforest setting
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing & excursion tours only as per the itinerary
- Enjoy various other excursions on this tour including a Tortuguero Canals Boat Tour, Boat ride over La Estrella River along with much more
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...