Abu Dhabi on Target to Receive Two Million Travellers in 2011
The number of travellers expected to take Abu Dhabi holidays during 2011 is on target for two million despite a dip in occupancy levels in the city's hotels during the month of August. The figures were recently released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority.
Abu Dhabi looks set to meet its target of two million visitors in 2011, according to figures released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA). The city recorded a five per cent dip in travellers taking Abu Dhabi holidays during August, compared to the same month in 2010, but the number of nights guest stayed at Abu Dhabi hotels increased by 14 per cent.
The Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority says that the slight decrease in travellers taking Abu Dhabi holidays in August could be due to Ramadan with many domestic and regional visitors choosing to stay at home during the Holy Month celebrations. Hotel revenue stayed at the same level during Ramadan but income from food & beverage activities increased by nine per cent in August as the city offered Ramadan Tents and special Iftar meal promotions.
Image by: Sarah_Ackerman, on Flickr
ADTA recorded 116,492 guests staying in hotels in Abu Dhabi during August who accounted for a total of 407,766 guest nights.
The average length of stay of visitors was up by 20 per cent with many travellers staying for longer periods in hotel apartments in the United Arab Emirate.
Abu Dhabi is on schedule for reaching its two million visitor target this year with a 13 per cent increase in guest numbers during the first eight months of this year compared to the same period last year. To date, the city has already welcomed 1,347,782 guests to its hotels and hotel apartments.
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates and is one of the most popular destinations for travellers taking holidays to the Middle East. The vibrant city has plenty to offer visitors, from upscale hotels and gourmet restaurants, to tourist attractions and modern architecture.
Image by: Aziz J.Hayat, on Flickr
The emirate is home to Yas Island, a world-class motor sports racetrack for Formula One events; the Khalifa Park, with its own museum, aquarium and train; the Corniche, Abu Dhabi's beautiful waterfront that stretches for miles along the coastline and sandy beaches; and one of the largest mosques in the world, Sheikh Zayed Mosque.
Image by: Abdul Awaes, on Flickr
ADTA was recognised as the World’s Leading Tourist Board by the prestigious World Travel Awards in 2010. The World Travel Awards are hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry” by tourism and travel sector professional.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Taka advantage of the golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
Enjoy a special break in Abu Dhabi, that comes complete with great shopping, a fabulous beach and spa club, and all at an affordable price.
- Choose from 15 award winning restaurants and bars including a famous Jazz Bar
- one of the biggest private beach streches in Abu Dhabi
- Facilities include Swimming pool, tennis courts and selection of watersports
Relax and rejeuvanate at the santuary of ESPA offering inspirational treatments, watch a high-speed race or simply relax on the beach of this unique hotel
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Take advantage and go on a walk on the Yas Marina Formula One Circuit
- Boasts easy access to Yas Beach and incredible sunset views from the Two Roof-Top Swimming Pools
- Click through and upgrade to a room including access to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld inclusive
Experience the spectacular and beautiful Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
- A landmark hotel, prized for its white sandy beach, marina and variety of restaurants
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- exclusively for our customers: free room upgrade
- Choose from a huge variety of prized buzzing restaurants overlooking the water
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Get away from all your concerns and enjoy a tranquil 4-day stay at the luxurious Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers whilst you...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
The Ramada Abu Dhabi Corniche is a stunning new property ideally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi. Enjoy beautiful...
Located at an altitude of 915 metres on Hafeet Mountain, this unique mountain oasis resort will make guests feel on top...