Royal Caribbean signs agreement with China World Cruises
Royal Caribbean has entered into a relationship with the Xiamen government and China World Cruises to provide cruises for tourists in China. The company's Legend of the Seas will be swapping Caribbean holidays for China holidays for four months in 2012.
Royal Caribbean Cruises will be operating sailings around China after it entered a strategic relationship with the Xiamen municipal government and China World Cruises.
The cruise company specialises in operating Caribbean holidays for tourists from all over the world but it will be lending one of its ships, Legend of the Seas, for a four month period in 2012.
China World Cruises, a subsidiary of property and theme park developer Shan-Hai-Shu, will be chartering Legend of the Seas for sailings which will depart from Xiamen, Shanghai, Tianjin and Hong Kong and call at Taiwan, Vietnam, Japan and Korea.
Royal Caribbean Cruises will be operating and marketing the 21, three to eight night sailings which will commence in March when the inaugural five-night charter voyage will depart Hong Kong on 20th March, 2012.
The Xiamen government are supporting the new charter agreement as the city becomes the fourth cruise home port for Royal Caribbean International in China. The first Xiamen sailing will depart on 26th March.
Group Managing Director for China and Asia, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Zinan Liu, said: "This is an incredible opportunity for Royal Caribbean, the Xiamen municipal government and China World Cruises, and is truly unique to the fast growing cruise industry in Asia. We are the first cruise brand to bring together the support of the government and local private industry."
China World Cruises will be working with the Xiamen municipal government, to invest approximately $5 billion into the city's waterfront area and harbour district to develop a Cruise Homeport City which will feature a theme park, shops, luxury hotels, apartments, and a new four-berth cruise terminal.
Royal Caribbean Cruises is the second largest cruise line operator in the world and has been operating Caribbean holidays onboard luxury ships since 1997.
The Miami-based company operates five brands including Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, and CDF Croisieres de France.
Through its Royal Caribbean International brand, the company operates several cruise ships which provide luxury holidays to the Caribbean and other exotic destinations across the world.
The Legend of the Seas vessel is one of the company's most travelled ships and boasts accommodation for over 2,000 passengers, a miniature golf course, fitness centre, full size sports courts, two swimming pools, four whirlpools, rock climbing, jogging track, solarium, spa, beauty salon, shopping centre, theatre and cinema, video arcade, eight bars and lounges, a casino, the Windjammer Cafe, large dining outlets, and a business centre.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...