Royal Caribbean signs agreement with China World Cruises
Royal Caribbean has entered into a relationship with the Xiamen government and China World Cruises to provide cruises for tourists in China. The company's Legend of the Seas will be swapping Caribbean holidays for China holidays for four months in 2012.
Royal Caribbean Cruises will be operating sailings around China after it entered a strategic relationship with the Xiamen municipal government and China World Cruises.
The cruise company specialises in operating Caribbean holidays for tourists from all over the world but it will be lending one of its ships, Legend of the Seas, for a four month period in 2012.
China World Cruises, a subsidiary of property and theme park developer Shan-Hai-Shu, will be chartering Legend of the Seas for sailings which will depart from Xiamen, Shanghai, Tianjin and Hong Kong and call at Taiwan, Vietnam, Japan and Korea.
Royal Caribbean Cruises will be operating and marketing the 21, three to eight night sailings which will commence in March when the inaugural five-night charter voyage will depart Hong Kong on 20th March, 2012.
The Xiamen government are supporting the new charter agreement as the city becomes the fourth cruise home port for Royal Caribbean International in China. The first Xiamen sailing will depart on 26th March.
Group Managing Director for China and Asia, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Zinan Liu, said: "This is an incredible opportunity for Royal Caribbean, the Xiamen municipal government and China World Cruises, and is truly unique to the fast growing cruise industry in Asia. We are the first cruise brand to bring together the support of the government and local private industry."
China World Cruises will be working with the Xiamen municipal government, to invest approximately $5 billion into the city's waterfront area and harbour district to develop a Cruise Homeport City which will feature a theme park, shops, luxury hotels, apartments, and a new four-berth cruise terminal.
Royal Caribbean Cruises is the second largest cruise line operator in the world and has been operating Caribbean holidays onboard luxury ships since 1997.
The Miami-based company operates five brands including Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, and CDF Croisieres de France.
Through its Royal Caribbean International brand, the company operates several cruise ships which provide luxury holidays to the Caribbean and other exotic destinations across the world.
The Legend of the Seas vessel is one of the company's most travelled ships and boasts accommodation for over 2,000 passengers, a miniature golf course, fitness centre, full size sports courts, two swimming pools, four whirlpools, rock climbing, jogging track, solarium, spa, beauty salon, shopping centre, theatre and cinema, video arcade, eight bars and lounges, a casino, the Windjammer Cafe, large dining outlets, and a business centre.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...