Royal Caribbean signs agreement with China World Cruises
Royal Caribbean has entered into a relationship with the Xiamen government and China World Cruises to provide cruises for tourists in China. The company's Legend of the Seas will be swapping Caribbean holidays for China holidays for four months in 2012.
Royal Caribbean Cruises will be operating sailings around China after it entered a strategic relationship with the Xiamen municipal government and China World Cruises.
The cruise company specialises in operating Caribbean holidays for tourists from all over the world but it will be lending one of its ships, Legend of the Seas, for a four month period in 2012.
China World Cruises, a subsidiary of property and theme park developer Shan-Hai-Shu, will be chartering Legend of the Seas for sailings which will depart from Xiamen, Shanghai, Tianjin and Hong Kong and call at Taiwan, Vietnam, Japan and Korea.
Royal Caribbean Cruises will be operating and marketing the 21, three to eight night sailings which will commence in March when the inaugural five-night charter voyage will depart Hong Kong on 20th March, 2012.
The Xiamen government are supporting the new charter agreement as the city becomes the fourth cruise home port for Royal Caribbean International in China. The first Xiamen sailing will depart on 26th March.
Group Managing Director for China and Asia, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Zinan Liu, said: "This is an incredible opportunity for Royal Caribbean, the Xiamen municipal government and China World Cruises, and is truly unique to the fast growing cruise industry in Asia. We are the first cruise brand to bring together the support of the government and local private industry."
China World Cruises will be working with the Xiamen municipal government, to invest approximately $5 billion into the city's waterfront area and harbour district to develop a Cruise Homeport City which will feature a theme park, shops, luxury hotels, apartments, and a new four-berth cruise terminal.
Royal Caribbean Cruises is the second largest cruise line operator in the world and has been operating Caribbean holidays onboard luxury ships since 1997.
The Miami-based company operates five brands including Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, and CDF Croisieres de France.
Through its Royal Caribbean International brand, the company operates several cruise ships which provide luxury holidays to the Caribbean and other exotic destinations across the world.
The Legend of the Seas vessel is one of the company's most travelled ships and boasts accommodation for over 2,000 passengers, a miniature golf course, fitness centre, full size sports courts, two swimming pools, four whirlpools, rock climbing, jogging track, solarium, spa, beauty salon, shopping centre, theatre and cinema, video arcade, eight bars and lounges, a casino, the Windjammer Cafe, large dining outlets, and a business centre.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Now Onyx Punta Cana is brand new resort opening in November 2016 and aims to offer a vibrant and active Unlimited-Luxury...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...