Royal Caribbean signs agreement with China World Cruises
Royal Caribbean has entered into a relationship with the Xiamen government and China World Cruises to provide cruises for tourists in China. The company's Legend of the Seas will be swapping Caribbean holidays for China holidays for four months in 2012.
Royal Caribbean Cruises will be operating sailings around China after it entered a strategic relationship with the Xiamen municipal government and China World Cruises.
The cruise company specialises in operating Caribbean holidays for tourists from all over the world but it will be lending one of its ships, Legend of the Seas, for a four month period in 2012.
China World Cruises, a subsidiary of property and theme park developer Shan-Hai-Shu, will be chartering Legend of the Seas for sailings which will depart from Xiamen, Shanghai, Tianjin and Hong Kong and call at Taiwan, Vietnam, Japan and Korea.
Royal Caribbean Cruises will be operating and marketing the 21, three to eight night sailings which will commence in March when the inaugural five-night charter voyage will depart Hong Kong on 20th March, 2012.
The Xiamen government are supporting the new charter agreement as the city becomes the fourth cruise home port for Royal Caribbean International in China. The first Xiamen sailing will depart on 26th March.
Group Managing Director for China and Asia, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Zinan Liu, said: "This is an incredible opportunity for Royal Caribbean, the Xiamen municipal government and China World Cruises, and is truly unique to the fast growing cruise industry in Asia. We are the first cruise brand to bring together the support of the government and local private industry."
China World Cruises will be working with the Xiamen municipal government, to invest approximately $5 billion into the city's waterfront area and harbour district to develop a Cruise Homeport City which will feature a theme park, shops, luxury hotels, apartments, and a new four-berth cruise terminal.
Royal Caribbean Cruises is the second largest cruise line operator in the world and has been operating Caribbean holidays onboard luxury ships since 1997.
The Miami-based company operates five brands including Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, and CDF Croisieres de France.
Through its Royal Caribbean International brand, the company operates several cruise ships which provide luxury holidays to the Caribbean and other exotic destinations across the world.
The Legend of the Seas vessel is one of the company's most travelled ships and boasts accommodation for over 2,000 passengers, a miniature golf course, fitness centre, full size sports courts, two swimming pools, four whirlpools, rock climbing, jogging track, solarium, spa, beauty salon, shopping centre, theatre and cinema, video arcade, eight bars and lounges, a casino, the Windjammer Cafe, large dining outlets, and a business centre.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...