Seychelles to Address Berlin's World Routes Development Strategy Summit
The Seychelles Tourism Board has been invited to address the World Routes Development Strategy Summit which will take place in Berlin from 2nd-4th October, 2011. The STB will highlight Seychelles holidays at the Airlines and Airports Conference.
Alain St. Ange, the CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board has been invited to speak at the 'World Routes Development Strategy Summit' which is scheduled to take place in Berlin from 2nd-4th October, 2011.
Mr. St. Ange will take to the floor during the Airlines and Airports Conference in a session called "Government support in the tourism market and the transformation of the tourism authority".
This session will discuss the subject of the importance of partnering aviation and tourism which is vital in providing a successful tourism industry for destinations across the world.
Mr. St. Ange will join heads of the Malta and Spanish tourism boards and will co-chair the panel at the event which will highlight the success of the revival of Seychelles holidays and the Indian Ocean's travel and tourism sector.
"It was an honour to receive the invitation for Seychelles to be part of the List of Speakers at this 2011 Berlin World Routes Development Strategy Summit where we shall address and also co-chair a main working session at the summit, and also be representing Seychelles and participating at the Ministerial Briefing Session of the Summit" stated Mr. St. Ange.
During the event in Germany's capital city, the CEO will be joined by Elsia Grandcourt, the Deputy CEO of the Tourism Board; Conrad Benoiton a member of the Seychelles Tourism Board, the former Head of Air Seychelles and the Seychelles Civil Aviation; and Glynn Burridge, the Tourism Consultant and Copywriter at the Tourism Board.
Topics which will be discussed by the panel include:
- Are tourism authorities evolving more into a destination management and marketing organisation whilst the government take a back seat?
- Are foreign carriers considered for access on the basis of economic and social contribution and not the impact on national carriers?
- What is the impact of flight taxes on tourism and business travel?
Alain St. Ange is a respected member of the tourism industry and he is credited as the one who led the revival of the Seychelles holidays industry under the Office of the President of the Republic of Seychelles.
The beautiful Indian Ocean nation has seen an increase in global travellers visiting the destination as a result of successful marketing strategies and campaigns launched across the world.
Situated over 900 miles east of mainland Africa the Seychelles spans an archipelago of 115 idyllic islands. The country boasts pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, turquoise crystal-clear ocean waters and sparkling lagoons, coral reefs, lush green forests and an array of luxury Seychelles hotels and resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Unwind in the warm crystal waters of Seychelles at castello beach hotel
- Revel in a year round all-suite romantic retreat
- Perfectly positioned on a wonderful beach along Anse Kerlan coastline
- Enjoy fantastic sailing, snorkelling and swimming in crystal clear waters
Indulge yourself at the long white beaches in Seychelles before exploring the cultural highlights of Abu Dhabi
- Great savings on this combination
- Stunning beaches and excellent luxury hotels in both destinations
- Relax at the paradise in Seychelles before exploring the highlights of Abu Dhabi in just one trip
Explore the islands of Mahe and Silhouette on an enchanting retreat to Seychelles.
- Enjoy as many activities and excursions as you like
- The stunning beaches on the islands of Mahe and Silhouette.
- Enjoy luxurious accommodation that will ensure you have a comfortable stay
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Perfectly positioned on a wonderful beach along Anse Kerlan' coastline the Castello Beach Hotel is an all-year-round...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....