Seychelles to Address Berlin's World Routes Development Strategy Summit
The Seychelles Tourism Board has been invited to address the World Routes Development Strategy Summit which will take place in Berlin from 2nd-4th October, 2011. The STB will highlight Seychelles holidays at the Airlines and Airports Conference.
Alain St. Ange, the CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board has been invited to speak at the 'World Routes Development Strategy Summit' which is scheduled to take place in Berlin from 2nd-4th October, 2011.
Mr. St. Ange will take to the floor during the Airlines and Airports Conference in a session called "Government support in the tourism market and the transformation of the tourism authority".
This session will discuss the subject of the importance of partnering aviation and tourism which is vital in providing a successful tourism industry for destinations across the world.
Mr. St. Ange will join heads of the Malta and Spanish tourism boards and will co-chair the panel at the event which will highlight the success of the revival of Seychelles holidays and the Indian Ocean's travel and tourism sector.
"It was an honour to receive the invitation for Seychelles to be part of the List of Speakers at this 2011 Berlin World Routes Development Strategy Summit where we shall address and also co-chair a main working session at the summit, and also be representing Seychelles and participating at the Ministerial Briefing Session of the Summit" stated Mr. St. Ange.
During the event in Germany's capital city, the CEO will be joined by Elsia Grandcourt, the Deputy CEO of the Tourism Board; Conrad Benoiton a member of the Seychelles Tourism Board, the former Head of Air Seychelles and the Seychelles Civil Aviation; and Glynn Burridge, the Tourism Consultant and Copywriter at the Tourism Board.
Topics which will be discussed by the panel include:
- Are tourism authorities evolving more into a destination management and marketing organisation whilst the government take a back seat?
- Are foreign carriers considered for access on the basis of economic and social contribution and not the impact on national carriers?
- What is the impact of flight taxes on tourism and business travel?
Alain St. Ange is a respected member of the tourism industry and he is credited as the one who led the revival of the Seychelles holidays industry under the Office of the President of the Republic of Seychelles.
The beautiful Indian Ocean nation has seen an increase in global travellers visiting the destination as a result of successful marketing strategies and campaigns launched across the world.
Situated over 900 miles east of mainland Africa the Seychelles spans an archipelago of 115 idyllic islands. The country boasts pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, turquoise crystal-clear ocean waters and sparkling lagoons, coral reefs, lush green forests and an array of luxury Seychelles hotels and resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Treat yourself to a luxury break in the Seychelles combined with an exciting stay in Dubai
- Take advantage of the close proximity to all the local attractions in Dubai
- Discover a wide range of exquisite dining options in the Seychelles
- Practice yoga in the natural surroundings of Silhouette Island
For a secluded retreat, and a romatic hideaway nestled among the beach coves of Beau Vallon, choose Hilton Northolme and take advantage of an affordable price
- First Class facilities a luxury spa
- Breath taking views of the Indian Ocean
- Villa-style accomodation
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Discover a Kruger adventure in South Africa ahead of a relaxing treat in the Seychelles
- Drift away with a combination of Oriental traditions and modern skincare at the Duniye Spa
- Visit Centre for Endangered Species allowing visitors the opportunity to view and interact with a variety of animals
- Enjoy the thrills of river rafting, tubing, abseiling, zipline, aerial cable trail and quad biking
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...