Seychelles to Address Berlin's World Routes Development Strategy Summit
The Seychelles Tourism Board has been invited to address the World Routes Development Strategy Summit which will take place in Berlin from 2nd-4th October, 2011. The STB will highlight Seychelles holidays at the Airlines and Airports Conference.
Alain St. Ange, the CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board has been invited to speak at the 'World Routes Development Strategy Summit' which is scheduled to take place in Berlin from 2nd-4th October, 2011.
Mr. St. Ange will take to the floor during the Airlines and Airports Conference in a session called "Government support in the tourism market and the transformation of the tourism authority".
This session will discuss the subject of the importance of partnering aviation and tourism which is vital in providing a successful tourism industry for destinations across the world.
Mr. St. Ange will join heads of the Malta and Spanish tourism boards and will co-chair the panel at the event which will highlight the success of the revival of Seychelles holidays and the Indian Ocean's travel and tourism sector.
"It was an honour to receive the invitation for Seychelles to be part of the List of Speakers at this 2011 Berlin World Routes Development Strategy Summit where we shall address and also co-chair a main working session at the summit, and also be representing Seychelles and participating at the Ministerial Briefing Session of the Summit" stated Mr. St. Ange.
During the event in Germany's capital city, the CEO will be joined by Elsia Grandcourt, the Deputy CEO of the Tourism Board; Conrad Benoiton a member of the Seychelles Tourism Board, the former Head of Air Seychelles and the Seychelles Civil Aviation; and Glynn Burridge, the Tourism Consultant and Copywriter at the Tourism Board.
Topics which will be discussed by the panel include:
- Are tourism authorities evolving more into a destination management and marketing organisation whilst the government take a back seat?
- Are foreign carriers considered for access on the basis of economic and social contribution and not the impact on national carriers?
- What is the impact of flight taxes on tourism and business travel?
Alain St. Ange is a respected member of the tourism industry and he is credited as the one who led the revival of the Seychelles holidays industry under the Office of the President of the Republic of Seychelles.
The beautiful Indian Ocean nation has seen an increase in global travellers visiting the destination as a result of successful marketing strategies and campaigns launched across the world.
Situated over 900 miles east of mainland Africa the Seychelles spans an archipelago of 115 idyllic islands. The country boasts pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, turquoise crystal-clear ocean waters and sparkling lagoons, coral reefs, lush green forests and an array of luxury Seychelles hotels and resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Relax and unwind in the beautiful Seychelles before an exciting Arabian getaway in Dubai
- Take advantage of the Wi-Fi access in all the public areas
- Explore the famous night market in Mahé
- Benefit for a Shuttle bus service to major shopping centre in Dubai
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffets
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Prepare yourself for a memorable holiday at the Avani Seychelles, where you will be able to admire a blend of beautiful...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The Avani Seychelles is set on the sandy Bay of Barbarons on the west coast of Mahe. This area of dramatic mountains,...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...