Seychelles to Address Berlin's World Routes Development Strategy Summit
The Seychelles Tourism Board has been invited to address the World Routes Development Strategy Summit which will take place in Berlin from 2nd-4th October, 2011. The STB will highlight Seychelles holidays at the Airlines and Airports Conference.
Alain St. Ange, the CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board has been invited to speak at the 'World Routes Development Strategy Summit' which is scheduled to take place in Berlin from 2nd-4th October, 2011.
Mr. St. Ange will take to the floor during the Airlines and Airports Conference in a session called "Government support in the tourism market and the transformation of the tourism authority".
This session will discuss the subject of the importance of partnering aviation and tourism which is vital in providing a successful tourism industry for destinations across the world.
Mr. St. Ange will join heads of the Malta and Spanish tourism boards and will co-chair the panel at the event which will highlight the success of the revival of Seychelles holidays and the Indian Ocean's travel and tourism sector.
"It was an honour to receive the invitation for Seychelles to be part of the List of Speakers at this 2011 Berlin World Routes Development Strategy Summit where we shall address and also co-chair a main working session at the summit, and also be representing Seychelles and participating at the Ministerial Briefing Session of the Summit" stated Mr. St. Ange.
During the event in Germany's capital city, the CEO will be joined by Elsia Grandcourt, the Deputy CEO of the Tourism Board; Conrad Benoiton a member of the Seychelles Tourism Board, the former Head of Air Seychelles and the Seychelles Civil Aviation; and Glynn Burridge, the Tourism Consultant and Copywriter at the Tourism Board.
Topics which will be discussed by the panel include:
- Are tourism authorities evolving more into a destination management and marketing organisation whilst the government take a back seat?
- Are foreign carriers considered for access on the basis of economic and social contribution and not the impact on national carriers?
- What is the impact of flight taxes on tourism and business travel?
Alain St. Ange is a respected member of the tourism industry and he is credited as the one who led the revival of the Seychelles holidays industry under the Office of the President of the Republic of Seychelles.
The beautiful Indian Ocean nation has seen an increase in global travellers visiting the destination as a result of successful marketing strategies and campaigns launched across the world.
Situated over 900 miles east of mainland Africa the Seychelles spans an archipelago of 115 idyllic islands. The country boasts pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, turquoise crystal-clear ocean waters and sparkling lagoons, coral reefs, lush green forests and an array of luxury Seychelles hotels and resorts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Treat yourself to a luxury break in the Seychelles combined with an exciting stay in Dubai
- Take advantage of the close proximity to all the local attractions in Dubai
- Discover a wide range of exquisite dining options in the Seychelles
- Practice yoga in the natural surroundings of Silhouette Island
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Experience the tropical island of Mahé at banyan tree Seychelles resort
- A living museum of natural history and sasanctuary for some of the rarest species on Earth
- This paradise is famous for having some of the best beaches in the world, pristine and uncrowded
- The gastronomical experience at Banyan Tree Seychelles was specially conceptualised to offer you a unique experience
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...