Cuba Travel Forum Takes Place in Tampa
Travel and tour companies providing Cuba holidays attended the Cuba Travel Forum on Tuesday 6th September, 2011 at the Cuban Club. The forum was hosted by Tampa International Airport in celebration of the new weekly flights to Havana.
Tampa International Airport celebrated the launch of new flights to Cuba yesterday by hosting the Cuba Travel Forum at the Cuban Club in Ybor City.
The travel forum took place on Tuesday 6th September at 6pm and was attended by travel companies and tour operators that specialise in providing Cuba holidays for American travellers.
Cuba flights will depart Tampa International Airport for the first time in more than 50 years on Thursday 8th September, 2011, following President Obama’s eased restrictions on Cuba travel which were announced earlier this year.
XAEL Charters have been granted permission to fly to Cuba on Thursdays and ABC Charters will provide flights to the Caribbean island on Saturdays.
American travellers will have a third choice of flights from October, 2011 as Island Travel & Tours are scheduled to commence flights to the communist country.
Chief Executive of Tampa International Airport, Joe Lopano, said: "This is also about growth for our airport."
Among the attendants of the Cuba Travel Forum were Alex Ruiz and Ana Maria Garcia from Todo Services in St. Petersburg. Todo Services is one of the travel companies who were given permission to provide holidays to Cuba for American residents. Ruiz and Garcia are expecting to visit Cuba more frequently with the new local flights.
"I've only been back once," said Garcia, a Cuban-born American citizen who came to live in the United States in the 1970s. "That will change."
In January this year, President Obama relaxed restrictions for American citizens who are planning holidays in Cuba for the purpose of educational, cultural, academic, religious or professional reasons.
The Tampa International Airport in Florida now joins the growing list of airports in the Unites States that have been granted permission to operate flights between the U.S and Cuba.
The other airports include Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta; O'Hare in Chicago; Baltimore in Maryland; Dallas/Fort Worth in Texas; New Orleans in Louisiana; Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania; and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
The Caribbean island is expecting an influx of American visitors taking Cuba holidays over the next few months. The island nation has already started the development of new Cuba hotels and tourism offerings to accommodate the new visitors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...