Cuba Travel Forum Takes Place in Tampa
Travel and tour companies providing Cuba holidays attended the Cuba Travel Forum on Tuesday 6th September, 2011 at the Cuban Club. The forum was hosted by Tampa International Airport in celebration of the new weekly flights to Havana.
Tampa International Airport celebrated the launch of new flights to Cuba yesterday by hosting the Cuba Travel Forum at the Cuban Club in Ybor City.
The travel forum took place on Tuesday 6th September at 6pm and was attended by travel companies and tour operators that specialise in providing Cuba holidays for American travellers.
Cuba flights will depart Tampa International Airport for the first time in more than 50 years on Thursday 8th September, 2011, following President Obama’s eased restrictions on Cuba travel which were announced earlier this year.
XAEL Charters have been granted permission to fly to Cuba on Thursdays and ABC Charters will provide flights to the Caribbean island on Saturdays.
American travellers will have a third choice of flights from October, 2011 as Island Travel & Tours are scheduled to commence flights to the communist country.
Chief Executive of Tampa International Airport, Joe Lopano, said: "This is also about growth for our airport."
Among the attendants of the Cuba Travel Forum were Alex Ruiz and Ana Maria Garcia from Todo Services in St. Petersburg. Todo Services is one of the travel companies who were given permission to provide holidays to Cuba for American residents. Ruiz and Garcia are expecting to visit Cuba more frequently with the new local flights.
"I've only been back once," said Garcia, a Cuban-born American citizen who came to live in the United States in the 1970s. "That will change."
In January this year, President Obama relaxed restrictions for American citizens who are planning holidays in Cuba for the purpose of educational, cultural, academic, religious or professional reasons.
The Tampa International Airport in Florida now joins the growing list of airports in the Unites States that have been granted permission to operate flights between the U.S and Cuba.
The other airports include Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta; O'Hare in Chicago; Baltimore in Maryland; Dallas/Fort Worth in Texas; New Orleans in Louisiana; Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania; and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
The Caribbean island is expecting an influx of American visitors taking Cuba holidays over the next few months. The island nation has already started the development of new Cuba hotels and tourism offerings to accommodate the new visitors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...