Cuba Travel Forum Takes Place in Tampa
Travel and tour companies providing Cuba holidays attended the Cuba Travel Forum on Tuesday 6th September, 2011 at the Cuban Club. The forum was hosted by Tampa International Airport in celebration of the new weekly flights to Havana.
Tampa International Airport celebrated the launch of new flights to Cuba yesterday by hosting the Cuba Travel Forum at the Cuban Club in Ybor City.
The travel forum took place on Tuesday 6th September at 6pm and was attended by travel companies and tour operators that specialise in providing Cuba holidays for American travellers.
Cuba flights will depart Tampa International Airport for the first time in more than 50 years on Thursday 8th September, 2011, following President Obama’s eased restrictions on Cuba travel which were announced earlier this year.
XAEL Charters have been granted permission to fly to Cuba on Thursdays and ABC Charters will provide flights to the Caribbean island on Saturdays.
American travellers will have a third choice of flights from October, 2011 as Island Travel & Tours are scheduled to commence flights to the communist country.
Chief Executive of Tampa International Airport, Joe Lopano, said: "This is also about growth for our airport."
Among the attendants of the Cuba Travel Forum were Alex Ruiz and Ana Maria Garcia from Todo Services in St. Petersburg. Todo Services is one of the travel companies who were given permission to provide holidays to Cuba for American residents. Ruiz and Garcia are expecting to visit Cuba more frequently with the new local flights.
"I've only been back once," said Garcia, a Cuban-born American citizen who came to live in the United States in the 1970s. "That will change."
In January this year, President Obama relaxed restrictions for American citizens who are planning holidays in Cuba for the purpose of educational, cultural, academic, religious or professional reasons.
The Tampa International Airport in Florida now joins the growing list of airports in the Unites States that have been granted permission to operate flights between the U.S and Cuba.
The other airports include Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta; O'Hare in Chicago; Baltimore in Maryland; Dallas/Fort Worth in Texas; New Orleans in Louisiana; Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania; and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
The Caribbean island is expecting an influx of American visitors taking Cuba holidays over the next few months. The island nation has already started the development of new Cuba hotels and tourism offerings to accommodate the new visitors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...