Cuba Travel Forum Takes Place in Tampa
Travel and tour companies providing Cuba holidays attended the Cuba Travel Forum on Tuesday 6th September, 2011 at the Cuban Club. The forum was hosted by Tampa International Airport in celebration of the new weekly flights to Havana.
Tampa International Airport celebrated the launch of new flights to Cuba yesterday by hosting the Cuba Travel Forum at the Cuban Club in Ybor City.
The travel forum took place on Tuesday 6th September at 6pm and was attended by travel companies and tour operators that specialise in providing Cuba holidays for American travellers.
Cuba flights will depart Tampa International Airport for the first time in more than 50 years on Thursday 8th September, 2011, following President Obama’s eased restrictions on Cuba travel which were announced earlier this year.
XAEL Charters have been granted permission to fly to Cuba on Thursdays and ABC Charters will provide flights to the Caribbean island on Saturdays.
American travellers will have a third choice of flights from October, 2011 as Island Travel & Tours are scheduled to commence flights to the communist country.
Chief Executive of Tampa International Airport, Joe Lopano, said: "This is also about growth for our airport."
Among the attendants of the Cuba Travel Forum were Alex Ruiz and Ana Maria Garcia from Todo Services in St. Petersburg. Todo Services is one of the travel companies who were given permission to provide holidays to Cuba for American residents. Ruiz and Garcia are expecting to visit Cuba more frequently with the new local flights.
"I've only been back once," said Garcia, a Cuban-born American citizen who came to live in the United States in the 1970s. "That will change."
In January this year, President Obama relaxed restrictions for American citizens who are planning holidays in Cuba for the purpose of educational, cultural, academic, religious or professional reasons.
The Tampa International Airport in Florida now joins the growing list of airports in the Unites States that have been granted permission to operate flights between the U.S and Cuba.
The other airports include Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta; O'Hare in Chicago; Baltimore in Maryland; Dallas/Fort Worth in Texas; New Orleans in Louisiana; Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania; and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
The Caribbean island is expecting an influx of American visitors taking Cuba holidays over the next few months. The island nation has already started the development of new Cuba hotels and tourism offerings to accommodate the new visitors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...