Cuba Travel Forum Takes Place in Tampa
Travel and tour companies providing Cuba holidays attended the Cuba Travel Forum on Tuesday 6th September, 2011 at the Cuban Club. The forum was hosted by Tampa International Airport in celebration of the new weekly flights to Havana.
Tampa International Airport celebrated the launch of new flights to Cuba yesterday by hosting the Cuba Travel Forum at the Cuban Club in Ybor City.
The travel forum took place on Tuesday 6th September at 6pm and was attended by travel companies and tour operators that specialise in providing Cuba holidays for American travellers.
Cuba flights will depart Tampa International Airport for the first time in more than 50 years on Thursday 8th September, 2011, following President Obama’s eased restrictions on Cuba travel which were announced earlier this year.
XAEL Charters have been granted permission to fly to Cuba on Thursdays and ABC Charters will provide flights to the Caribbean island on Saturdays.
American travellers will have a third choice of flights from October, 2011 as Island Travel & Tours are scheduled to commence flights to the communist country.
Chief Executive of Tampa International Airport, Joe Lopano, said: "This is also about growth for our airport."
Among the attendants of the Cuba Travel Forum were Alex Ruiz and Ana Maria Garcia from Todo Services in St. Petersburg. Todo Services is one of the travel companies who were given permission to provide holidays to Cuba for American residents. Ruiz and Garcia are expecting to visit Cuba more frequently with the new local flights.
"I've only been back once," said Garcia, a Cuban-born American citizen who came to live in the United States in the 1970s. "That will change."
In January this year, President Obama relaxed restrictions for American citizens who are planning holidays in Cuba for the purpose of educational, cultural, academic, religious or professional reasons.
The Tampa International Airport in Florida now joins the growing list of airports in the Unites States that have been granted permission to operate flights between the U.S and Cuba.
The other airports include Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta; O'Hare in Chicago; Baltimore in Maryland; Dallas/Fort Worth in Texas; New Orleans in Louisiana; Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania; and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
The Caribbean island is expecting an influx of American visitors taking Cuba holidays over the next few months. The island nation has already started the development of new Cuba hotels and tourism offerings to accommodate the new visitors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...