World Travel Awards to be held in Jamaica this October
This October, the Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island in Jamaica has been selected to host the Caribbean and The Americas edition of the World Travel Awards. The island is popular with visitors who return to Jamaica holidays year after year.
The World Travel Awards are viewed as one of the most important award ceremonies in the travel industry. The World Travel Awards is an annual ceremony that recognises the contribution to tourism made by a large number of organisations. The awards are divided into a number of sections, with nominations for specific awards split geographically, such as the Caribbean and The Americas track. For example in the Caribbean and The Americas leg, there will be nominations ranging from Jamaica hotels to Bahamas Airlines. The World Travel Awards also has a world award ceremony.
The Caribbean and the Americas Gala dinner will take place on the 7th October 2011. Registration for the black tie event will take place at 18:30 and will be shortly followed by a cocktail reception, dinner and a show. The World Travel Awards website has been recommending people book their tickets as early as possible to guarantee them as the event is in high demand and a large turnout is expected. It is also worth noting that Sandals Royal Caribbean is celebrating the awards as part of its 30th anniversary, and is subsequently offering a discounted rate for all guests who are also attending the ceremony. The discount is available for stays between 5th October – 8th October, and the event and buzz generated is sure to also interest those taking Jamaica holidays.
It seems that the success of the Jamaican tourism industry to contend and deal with the harsh economic climate, and still provide excellent holidays in Jamaica was a contributing factor in the decision to host the World Travel Awards in Jamaica. The selection of Jamaica to host the awards was discussed by President of the World Travel Awards, Graham Cooke, who stated “Jamaica has proven one of the tourism stars of the global downturn because of its boundless appetite for reinvention.” Moreover, it is expected that the Jamaica tourist department will be receiving a special award at some point during the ceremony.
The Island is an ideal location to hold the award ceremony (as well as being a great spot for all those enjoying Jamaica holidays) as the Royal Caribbean Resort is located only minutes away from the Sangster International Airport.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Book now and take advantage of a fantastic room upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Deluxe Ocean View Room
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...