World Travel Awards to be held in Jamaica this October
This October, the Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island in Jamaica has been selected to host the Caribbean and The Americas edition of the World Travel Awards. The island is popular with visitors who return to Jamaica holidays year after year.
The World Travel Awards are viewed as one of the most important award ceremonies in the travel industry. The World Travel Awards is an annual ceremony that recognises the contribution to tourism made by a large number of organisations. The awards are divided into a number of sections, with nominations for specific awards split geographically, such as the Caribbean and The Americas track. For example in the Caribbean and The Americas leg, there will be nominations ranging from Jamaica hotels to Bahamas Airlines. The World Travel Awards also has a world award ceremony.
The Caribbean and the Americas Gala dinner will take place on the 7th October 2011. Registration for the black tie event will take place at 18:30 and will be shortly followed by a cocktail reception, dinner and a show. The World Travel Awards website has been recommending people book their tickets as early as possible to guarantee them as the event is in high demand and a large turnout is expected. It is also worth noting that Sandals Royal Caribbean is celebrating the awards as part of its 30th anniversary, and is subsequently offering a discounted rate for all guests who are also attending the ceremony. The discount is available for stays between 5th October – 8th October, and the event and buzz generated is sure to also interest those taking Jamaica holidays.
It seems that the success of the Jamaican tourism industry to contend and deal with the harsh economic climate, and still provide excellent holidays in Jamaica was a contributing factor in the decision to host the World Travel Awards in Jamaica. The selection of Jamaica to host the awards was discussed by President of the World Travel Awards, Graham Cooke, who stated “Jamaica has proven one of the tourism stars of the global downturn because of its boundless appetite for reinvention.” Moreover, it is expected that the Jamaica tourist department will be receiving a special award at some point during the ceremony.
The Island is an ideal location to hold the award ceremony (as well as being a great spot for all those enjoying Jamaica holidays) as the Royal Caribbean Resort is located only minutes away from the Sangster International Airport.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Summer 2018 Sale now on, save £250 per person
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...