World Travel Awards to be held in Jamaica this October
This October, the Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island in Jamaica has been selected to host the Caribbean and The Americas edition of the World Travel Awards. The island is popular with visitors who return to Jamaica holidays year after year.
The World Travel Awards are viewed as one of the most important award ceremonies in the travel industry. The World Travel Awards is an annual ceremony that recognises the contribution to tourism made by a large number of organisations. The awards are divided into a number of sections, with nominations for specific awards split geographically, such as the Caribbean and The Americas track. For example in the Caribbean and The Americas leg, there will be nominations ranging from Jamaica hotels to Bahamas Airlines. The World Travel Awards also has a world award ceremony.
The Caribbean and the Americas Gala dinner will take place on the 7th October 2011. Registration for the black tie event will take place at 18:30 and will be shortly followed by a cocktail reception, dinner and a show. The World Travel Awards website has been recommending people book their tickets as early as possible to guarantee them as the event is in high demand and a large turnout is expected. It is also worth noting that Sandals Royal Caribbean is celebrating the awards as part of its 30th anniversary, and is subsequently offering a discounted rate for all guests who are also attending the ceremony. The discount is available for stays between 5th October – 8th October, and the event and buzz generated is sure to also interest those taking Jamaica holidays.
It seems that the success of the Jamaican tourism industry to contend and deal with the harsh economic climate, and still provide excellent holidays in Jamaica was a contributing factor in the decision to host the World Travel Awards in Jamaica. The selection of Jamaica to host the awards was discussed by President of the World Travel Awards, Graham Cooke, who stated “Jamaica has proven one of the tourism stars of the global downturn because of its boundless appetite for reinvention.” Moreover, it is expected that the Jamaica tourist department will be receiving a special award at some point during the ceremony.
The Island is an ideal location to hold the award ceremony (as well as being a great spot for all those enjoying Jamaica holidays) as the Royal Caribbean Resort is located only minutes away from the Sangster International Airport.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Resort is surrounded by Montego Bay Marine Park, an underwater national park with protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Huge Savings when staying in Sun Club Rooms and Junior Suites
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage with a variety of restaurants plus 24-hour Room Service
- One child under 12 stays FREE and kids will enjoy access to the expansive and renowned Explorer's Club
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Enjoy the private beach and Sugar Mill Falls Water Park nearby
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambience is set on the shoreline in Runaway Bay, a small town in the parish of St Ann on the north coast of...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...