World Travel Awards to be held in Jamaica this October
This October, the Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island in Jamaica has been selected to host the Caribbean and The Americas edition of the World Travel Awards. The island is popular with visitors who return to Jamaica holidays year after year.
The World Travel Awards are viewed as one of the most important award ceremonies in the travel industry. The World Travel Awards is an annual ceremony that recognises the contribution to tourism made by a large number of organisations. The awards are divided into a number of sections, with nominations for specific awards split geographically, such as the Caribbean and The Americas track. For example in the Caribbean and The Americas leg, there will be nominations ranging from Jamaica hotels to Bahamas Airlines. The World Travel Awards also has a world award ceremony.
The Caribbean and the Americas Gala dinner will take place on the 7th October 2011. Registration for the black tie event will take place at 18:30 and will be shortly followed by a cocktail reception, dinner and a show. The World Travel Awards website has been recommending people book their tickets as early as possible to guarantee them as the event is in high demand and a large turnout is expected. It is also worth noting that Sandals Royal Caribbean is celebrating the awards as part of its 30th anniversary, and is subsequently offering a discounted rate for all guests who are also attending the ceremony. The discount is available for stays between 5th October – 8th October, and the event and buzz generated is sure to also interest those taking Jamaica holidays.
It seems that the success of the Jamaican tourism industry to contend and deal with the harsh economic climate, and still provide excellent holidays in Jamaica was a contributing factor in the decision to host the World Travel Awards in Jamaica. The selection of Jamaica to host the awards was discussed by President of the World Travel Awards, Graham Cooke, who stated “Jamaica has proven one of the tourism stars of the global downturn because of its boundless appetite for reinvention.” Moreover, it is expected that the Jamaica tourist department will be receiving a special award at some point during the ceremony.
The Island is an ideal location to hold the award ceremony (as well as being a great spot for all those enjoying Jamaica holidays) as the Royal Caribbean Resort is located only minutes away from the Sangster International Airport.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Have a break from the Kids with the adults only pool
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Enjoy an array of complimentary water sports & unlimited golf with transfers and green fees included
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...