World Travel Awards to be held in Jamaica this October
This October, the Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island in Jamaica has been selected to host the Caribbean and The Americas edition of the World Travel Awards. The island is popular with visitors who return to Jamaica holidays year after year.
The World Travel Awards are viewed as one of the most important award ceremonies in the travel industry. The World Travel Awards is an annual ceremony that recognises the contribution to tourism made by a large number of organisations. The awards are divided into a number of sections, with nominations for specific awards split geographically, such as the Caribbean and The Americas track. For example in the Caribbean and The Americas leg, there will be nominations ranging from Jamaica hotels to Bahamas Airlines. The World Travel Awards also has a world award ceremony.
The Caribbean and the Americas Gala dinner will take place on the 7th October 2011. Registration for the black tie event will take place at 18:30 and will be shortly followed by a cocktail reception, dinner and a show. The World Travel Awards website has been recommending people book their tickets as early as possible to guarantee them as the event is in high demand and a large turnout is expected. It is also worth noting that Sandals Royal Caribbean is celebrating the awards as part of its 30th anniversary, and is subsequently offering a discounted rate for all guests who are also attending the ceremony. The discount is available for stays between 5th October – 8th October, and the event and buzz generated is sure to also interest those taking Jamaica holidays.
It seems that the success of the Jamaican tourism industry to contend and deal with the harsh economic climate, and still provide excellent holidays in Jamaica was a contributing factor in the decision to host the World Travel Awards in Jamaica. The selection of Jamaica to host the awards was discussed by President of the World Travel Awards, Graham Cooke, who stated “Jamaica has proven one of the tourism stars of the global downturn because of its boundless appetite for reinvention.” Moreover, it is expected that the Jamaica tourist department will be receiving a special award at some point during the ceremony.
The Island is an ideal location to hold the award ceremony (as well as being a great spot for all those enjoying Jamaica holidays) as the Royal Caribbean Resort is located only minutes away from the Sangster International Airport.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Discounted rates available for 2018 available for a limited time!
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Located in New Kingston, the Knutsford Court Hotel offers a laidback atmosphere within a beautiful tropical setting....