Arthur Frommer Highlights Cuba Holidays in List of Top 15 Bargain Breaks
The founder of Frommer's Travel Guide book series, Arthur Frommer, has listed Cuba holidays among the list of top 15 bargain breaks in the world. The travel writer highlighted packages to the island's hotspots including Manzanillo, Varadero and Camaguey.
Arthur Frommer, the travel writer and founder of the Frommer’s Travel Guide book series, has included Cuba in his list of top 15 bargain holidays in the world.
The writer put budget-priced Cuba holidays in the number one position of this Top 15 list to destinations including Manzanillo, Camaguey, Varadero and Havana as great budget Caribbean hot spots to visit this September, with prices ranging between $515 and $695 Canadian dollars for departures from Toronto.
Canadians make up the most representative group of international tourists taking holidays to Cuba year after year. They are Cuba’s number one market of foreign visitors and as travel companies offer competitive packages to the Caribbean island, the number of visitors from this North American nation looks set to increase.
Until recently, Cuba travel for American residents had been virtually non-existent due to the ongoing U.S-Cuba travel embargo. The ban has been in place for over 50 years but earlier this year Americans were offered a special exclusion to the law that would allow them to take Cuba holidays.
In January, President Barack Obama eased restrictions for American travellers visiting Cuba for cultural, educational, academic, religious and professional purposes.
With the help of licensed travel companies, Americans are now able to visit the controversial Caribbean island nation for the first time in over half a century, via charter flights and organised holiday programmes.
The Caribbean island has plenty to offer visitors such as miles of pristine beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, historic towns and cities, ancient ruins, national parks, breathtaking natural scenery, and a tropical climate.
Over the years, the number of Cuba hotels has increased and the island now boasts accommodation to suit all requirements and budgets.
Varadero is one of the most popular destinations for holidays in Cuba and the seaside resort offers upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants and over 20km of white sandy beaches. The city also offers Cuba’s only 18-hole championship golf course, impressive caves and the Hicacos Point Natural Park.
Camaguey is situated in central Cuba and features several historic churches and museums. The city’s central location offers great access to the rest of Cuba and the Camaguey province. The province boasts sandy beaches and large cays on both the northern and southern coasts.
Havana is the capital city of Cuba and is rich in history and culture. The city boasts an array of tourist hotspots including the Malecon, a promenade that runs along the main streets of Havana and offers beautiful views of the bay; the Catedral de San Cristobal; the maritime museum and Castillo de la Real Fuerza. (3) The Old Town, a UNESCO site with restored buildings and the tourist square, Plaza de Armas includes other sites of interest such as the Havana Club Rum Factory.
Manzanillo is a port city situated in the Granma province on the Gulf of Guacanayabo. The city features historic churches and breathtaking sea views and offers an authentic Cuban experience away from crowds of tourists.
Frommer’s list of bargain holidays included Samana, Dominican Republic; Cancun, Mexico; Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic; Paris, France; London, UK; Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; Costa Rica; Orlando, U.S; China; Las Vegas; and the Mediterranean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...