Arthur Frommer Highlights Cuba Holidays in List of Top 15 Bargain Breaks
The founder of Frommer's Travel Guide book series, Arthur Frommer, has listed Cuba holidays among the list of top 15 bargain breaks in the world. The travel writer highlighted packages to the island's hotspots including Manzanillo, Varadero and Camaguey.
Arthur Frommer, the travel writer and founder of the Frommer’s Travel Guide book series, has included Cuba in his list of top 15 bargain holidays in the world.
The writer put budget-priced Cuba holidays in the number one position of this Top 15 list to destinations including Manzanillo, Camaguey, Varadero and Havana as great budget Caribbean hot spots to visit this September, with prices ranging between $515 and $695 Canadian dollars for departures from Toronto.
Canadians make up the most representative group of international tourists taking holidays to Cuba year after year. They are Cuba’s number one market of foreign visitors and as travel companies offer competitive packages to the Caribbean island, the number of visitors from this North American nation looks set to increase.
Until recently, Cuba travel for American residents had been virtually non-existent due to the ongoing U.S-Cuba travel embargo. The ban has been in place for over 50 years but earlier this year Americans were offered a special exclusion to the law that would allow them to take Cuba holidays.
In January, President Barack Obama eased restrictions for American travellers visiting Cuba for cultural, educational, academic, religious and professional purposes.
With the help of licensed travel companies, Americans are now able to visit the controversial Caribbean island nation for the first time in over half a century, via charter flights and organised holiday programmes.
The Caribbean island has plenty to offer visitors such as miles of pristine beaches, the second largest coral reef in the world, historic towns and cities, ancient ruins, national parks, breathtaking natural scenery, and a tropical climate.
Over the years, the number of Cuba hotels has increased and the island now boasts accommodation to suit all requirements and budgets.
Varadero is one of the most popular destinations for holidays in Cuba and the seaside resort offers upscale hotels and resorts, gourmet restaurants and over 20km of white sandy beaches. The city also offers Cuba’s only 18-hole championship golf course, impressive caves and the Hicacos Point Natural Park.
Camaguey is situated in central Cuba and features several historic churches and museums. The city’s central location offers great access to the rest of Cuba and the Camaguey province. The province boasts sandy beaches and large cays on both the northern and southern coasts.
Havana is the capital city of Cuba and is rich in history and culture. The city boasts an array of tourist hotspots including the Malecon, a promenade that runs along the main streets of Havana and offers beautiful views of the bay; the Catedral de San Cristobal; the maritime museum and Castillo de la Real Fuerza. (3) The Old Town, a UNESCO site with restored buildings and the tourist square, Plaza de Armas includes other sites of interest such as the Havana Club Rum Factory.
Manzanillo is a port city situated in the Granma province on the Gulf of Guacanayabo. The city features historic churches and breathtaking sea views and offers an authentic Cuban experience away from crowds of tourists.
Frommer’s list of bargain holidays included Samana, Dominican Republic; Cancun, Mexico; Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic; Paris, France; London, UK; Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; Costa Rica; Orlando, U.S; China; Las Vegas; and the Mediterranean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...