More gay travellers enjoying Cuba holidays
Slowly, a new revolution is occurring in Cuba. Gay acceptance is being encouraged throughout the island and Havana is becoming a hot spot for gay travellers. All gay tourists looking for fun will find Cuba holidays a highly gratifying experience.
A new side of Cuban tourism is slowly developing. Gradually, more and more homosexual travellers are being encouraged to visit the island for spectacular and unprecedented Cuba holidays experiences.
Gay acceptance is becoming a new, but slow-paced revolution in the Caribbean Island, happening most significantly, in the capital city of Havana. . This city could become the next great gay Caribbean travel destination in due course. Gay travellers looking to find parties, fun and openly gay venues during their Caribbean holidays will most certainly enjoy holidays in Cuba.
Cuban people are slowly becoming more considerate towards the gay community; even the daughter of Raul Castro (the current President of Cuba), Mariela Castro, has participated in gay parades, gay pride marches, created organisations and invented diverse programmes to promote and defend gay rights on the island.
Even the once tightly-restricted Cuban television is also opening up to the worldwide gay community and has shown anti-homophobic films like Brokeback Mountain, and soap operas where some of the main characters are homosexual. Cuban government is allowing their people to understand and sympathise with the social abuses some of these individuals face.
Even though gay life is still fairly underground, one of the most well-known and popular gay activity scenes takes place in the famed Vedado distric, at the heart of the capital city. From around 11:00 p.m. a great gathering of gay people occupy all the space in the intersection of La Rampa Street and the Malecon (famous ocean front walk of Havana). It’s easy to spot hundreds of homosexual guys strolling, chatting and even playing guitars here on weekends. Now, Cuba holidays are a terrific opportunity for gay tourists to socialise with locals and have fun without fear of discrimination.
Choosing one of the Cuba hotels near La Rampa in Vedado, will help gay travellers meet the right people that can invite them to private house parties that may pop up in different locations throughout the week. The wonders of Havana have expanded to meet the needs of every interested tourist, whatever their background or sexual orientation.
Party, glamour, fun, Cuban and international music are all guaranteed in the basement of the National Theatre in Havana. Each Friday and Saturday, gay visitors looking for a small splurge can join in for the cabaret/dance party. The sight of hundreds of young, stylish, Cuban dancers and performers will make taking holidays to Cuba very worthwhile, whether gay, straight or simply fun and party-loving.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 4th May 2017
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...