More gay travellers enjoying Cuba holidays
Slowly, a new revolution is occurring in Cuba. Gay acceptance is being encouraged throughout the island and Havana is becoming a hot spot for gay travellers. All gay tourists looking for fun will find Cuba holidays a highly gratifying experience.
A new side of Cuban tourism is slowly developing. Gradually, more and more homosexual travellers are being encouraged to visit the island for spectacular and unprecedented Cuba holidays experiences.
Gay acceptance is becoming a new, but slow-paced revolution in the Caribbean Island, happening most significantly, in the capital city of Havana. . This city could become the next great gay Caribbean travel destination in due course. Gay travellers looking to find parties, fun and openly gay venues during their Caribbean holidays will most certainly enjoy holidays in Cuba.
Cuban people are slowly becoming more considerate towards the gay community; even the daughter of Raul Castro (the current President of Cuba), Mariela Castro, has participated in gay parades, gay pride marches, created organisations and invented diverse programmes to promote and defend gay rights on the island.
Even the once tightly-restricted Cuban television is also opening up to the worldwide gay community and has shown anti-homophobic films like Brokeback Mountain, and soap operas where some of the main characters are homosexual. Cuban government is allowing their people to understand and sympathise with the social abuses some of these individuals face.
Even though gay life is still fairly underground, one of the most well-known and popular gay activity scenes takes place in the famed Vedado distric, at the heart of the capital city. From around 11:00 p.m. a great gathering of gay people occupy all the space in the intersection of La Rampa Street and the Malecon (famous ocean front walk of Havana). It’s easy to spot hundreds of homosexual guys strolling, chatting and even playing guitars here on weekends. Now, Cuba holidays are a terrific opportunity for gay tourists to socialise with locals and have fun without fear of discrimination.
Choosing one of the Cuba hotels near La Rampa in Vedado, will help gay travellers meet the right people that can invite them to private house parties that may pop up in different locations throughout the week. The wonders of Havana have expanded to meet the needs of every interested tourist, whatever their background or sexual orientation.
Party, glamour, fun, Cuban and international music are all guaranteed in the basement of the National Theatre in Havana. Each Friday and Saturday, gay visitors looking for a small splurge can join in for the cabaret/dance party. The sight of hundreds of young, stylish, Cuban dancers and performers will make taking holidays to Cuba very worthwhile, whether gay, straight or simply fun and party-loving.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...