More gay travellers enjoying Cuba holidays
Slowly, a new revolution is occurring in Cuba. Gay acceptance is being encouraged throughout the island and Havana is becoming a hot spot for gay travellers. All gay tourists looking for fun will find Cuba holidays a highly gratifying experience.
A new side of Cuban tourism is slowly developing. Gradually, more and more homosexual travellers are being encouraged to visit the island for spectacular and unprecedented Cuba holidays experiences.
Gay acceptance is becoming a new, but slow-paced revolution in the Caribbean Island, happening most significantly, in the capital city of Havana. . This city could become the next great gay Caribbean travel destination in due course. Gay travellers looking to find parties, fun and openly gay venues during their Caribbean holidays will most certainly enjoy holidays in Cuba.
Cuban people are slowly becoming more considerate towards the gay community; even the daughter of Raul Castro (the current President of Cuba), Mariela Castro, has participated in gay parades, gay pride marches, created organisations and invented diverse programmes to promote and defend gay rights on the island.
Even the once tightly-restricted Cuban television is also opening up to the worldwide gay community and has shown anti-homophobic films like Brokeback Mountain, and soap operas where some of the main characters are homosexual. Cuban government is allowing their people to understand and sympathise with the social abuses some of these individuals face.
Even though gay life is still fairly underground, one of the most well-known and popular gay activity scenes takes place in the famed Vedado distric, at the heart of the capital city. From around 11:00 p.m. a great gathering of gay people occupy all the space in the intersection of La Rampa Street and the Malecon (famous ocean front walk of Havana). It’s easy to spot hundreds of homosexual guys strolling, chatting and even playing guitars here on weekends. Now, Cuba holidays are a terrific opportunity for gay tourists to socialise with locals and have fun without fear of discrimination.
Choosing one of the Cuba hotels near La Rampa in Vedado, will help gay travellers meet the right people that can invite them to private house parties that may pop up in different locations throughout the week. The wonders of Havana have expanded to meet the needs of every interested tourist, whatever their background or sexual orientation.
Party, glamour, fun, Cuban and international music are all guaranteed in the basement of the National Theatre in Havana. Each Friday and Saturday, gay visitors looking for a small splurge can join in for the cabaret/dance party. The sight of hundreds of young, stylish, Cuban dancers and performers will make taking holidays to Cuba very worthwhile, whether gay, straight or simply fun and party-loving.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...