Beginners Snorkelling Course Launched at Cancun's Maroma Resort & Spa
The Maroma Resort & Spa has created a new short course which has been designed to introduce snorkelling to tourists taking Cancun holidays. The course comprises three sessions where students will learn techniques and visit the MesoAmerican Barrier Reef.
Travellers looking to master the skills of snorkelling during Cancun holidays will be able to take a short course while staying at the Maroma Resort & Spa on the Mayan Riviera.
The course has been designed to introduce first-time snorkellers to the beautiful underwater world and teach them the basics required for the watersport.
Spread over three sessions, the new course allows guests taking holidays in to Cancun at the resort to learn the fundamentals of snorkelling and once they have mastered the techniques they will be taken out on two open water dives.
Students will take the first lesson in the hotel’s swimming pool where a certified instructor will demonstrate how the snorkelling equipment is used. They will then familiarise themselves with masks, fins, goggles and snorkels by learning how to breathe, clear water from the mouth piece, and swim with the fins.
The next class takes the students out of the resort and on a boat trip to the shallow waters of the MesoAmerican Barrier Reef; the second largest barrier reef in the world.
During the 40-minute session, students will have the chance to build up their confidence by snorkelling in the open crystal clear waters under the watchful eye of their instructor.
Once students have learned the techniques and demonstrated their confidence, they will embark on the third leg of their journey where they will venture out to Cristalino Cenote. The underground river system comprises freshwater cenotes (sink holes) that are considered to be sacred by the Mayans. Snorkellers can explore the underground caverns and pools within turquoise waters, under rays of sunlight that stream in through holes in the ceilings.
At the end of the course, students will receive a certificate stating that they have completed a snorkelling course at Maroma which they can use to explore other exotic destinations or even use as a stepping stone towards a scuba diving course.
The course is available to guests taking Cancun holidays at the luxury resort and costs US$115, including complimentary equipment hire.
Situated on the Yucatan Peninsula, the Maroma Resort and Spa stands out from many Cancun hotels with its breathtaking surrounding made up of a lush jungle, tropical gardens and a white sandy beach.
The architecture of the resort reflects traditional Mexican haciendas and the property boasts elegantly-furnished guest rooms, suites and villas that feature modern amenities and terraces or balconies offering spectacular views or the sparkling ocean, dense jungle and colourful gardens
Throughout their holidays in Cancun, tourists can enjoy the resort’s excellent facilities including the Kinan Spa with its collection of Mayan-influenced treatments and wellness programmes within a tranquil environment; gourmet international cuisine at a selection of restaurants and bars; an observation tower, offering beautiful 360-degree views of Maroma’s Bay; a fitness centre, swimming pool and two tennis courts; and a charming boutique with a range of handmade souvenirs, pottery and glassware.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...