REDjet hopes to start operating St Lucia flights by October
The discount airline REDjet is aiming to begin operating St Lucia flights as early as October this year. The company is renowned for its low cost services and will bring a pleasant new option for those flying to their St Lucia holidays.
After a successful application low cost airline REDjet has recently been granted permission to begin flights from Barbados to St Lucia, and will aim to begin travelling to the island by October. REDjet is well known for cheap non-stop flights across the Caribbean, and have flights starting from as low as $9.99 - $29.99 (before tax) depending on demand. The company claims it saves costumers on average an impressive 60% on air travel. This means that looking to make a saving on their St Lucia holidays will certainly be very pleased by the latest news.
The tourism minister for St Lucia, Allen Chastanet, also recently spoke about the possibility of REDjet expanding its operations to include flights from both St Lucia and Barbados to Panama. He was quoted as saying “We have also had meetings in Panama with REDjet with the idea of getting REDjet to operate into Panama, both out of St Lucia and Barbados”.
The planned Panama and St Lucia flights are a fantastic prospect for those taking or planning St Lucia holidays, as the new routes will open up the opportunity for experiencing more Caribbean and Latin American destinations. This will add to the ever-expanding list of options for travellers to see and explore during their Caribbean holidays.
The low fare airline is currently flights to and from Guyana and Jamaica as well as recently being granted permission to begin departing flying to St Kitts. The airline is seeking to further expand its operations across the Caribbean with Grenada and Dominica also wanting the carrier to include them as new destinations in the airline’s Caribbean itinerary.
In an effort to ensure that REDjet can offer the lowest possible prices they do not offer a variety of services that many passengers are accustomed to on their flights, such as a business class section, on board meals or reserved seating. However, the company does offer priority boarding, meaning those who are willing to pay extra will have first dibs on the seats available on the plane. Moreover, they offer the opportunity to purchase food once aboard the plane.
REDjet airlines have concluded the purchase of two aircrafts which had been used by American Airlines. REDjet have modified the aircraft to adapt it to an all economy configuration that will be able to carry 149 passengers, providing each with 33 inches of leg room.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Enjoy your stay in St Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both Pitons mountains as they rise in splendour from the azure Caribbean Sea
- St. Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both the Piti & Gros Piton mountains floating upon the Caribbean Sea
- A private estate of 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft-sand Caribbean beaches with unspoiled coral reefs just offshore
- Perfect resort for travelling divers - PADI Dive Center available
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Burrowed upon Rodney Bay, The All-inclusive Rex Papillion Hotel offers direct access to the pristine white sands of...