REDjet hopes to start operating St Lucia flights by October
The discount airline REDjet is aiming to begin operating St Lucia flights as early as October this year. The company is renowned for its low cost services and will bring a pleasant new option for those flying to their St Lucia holidays.
After a successful application low cost airline REDjet has recently been granted permission to begin flights from Barbados to St Lucia, and will aim to begin travelling to the island by October. REDjet is well known for cheap non-stop flights across the Caribbean, and have flights starting from as low as $9.99 - $29.99 (before tax) depending on demand. The company claims it saves costumers on average an impressive 60% on air travel. This means that looking to make a saving on their St Lucia holidays will certainly be very pleased by the latest news.
The tourism minister for St Lucia, Allen Chastanet, also recently spoke about the possibility of REDjet expanding its operations to include flights from both St Lucia and Barbados to Panama. He was quoted as saying “We have also had meetings in Panama with REDjet with the idea of getting REDjet to operate into Panama, both out of St Lucia and Barbados”.
The planned Panama and St Lucia flights are a fantastic prospect for those taking or planning St Lucia holidays, as the new routes will open up the opportunity for experiencing more Caribbean and Latin American destinations. This will add to the ever-expanding list of options for travellers to see and explore during their Caribbean holidays.
The low fare airline is currently flights to and from Guyana and Jamaica as well as recently being granted permission to begin departing flying to St Kitts. The airline is seeking to further expand its operations across the Caribbean with Grenada and Dominica also wanting the carrier to include them as new destinations in the airline’s Caribbean itinerary.
In an effort to ensure that REDjet can offer the lowest possible prices they do not offer a variety of services that many passengers are accustomed to on their flights, such as a business class section, on board meals or reserved seating. However, the company does offer priority boarding, meaning those who are willing to pay extra will have first dibs on the seats available on the plane. Moreover, they offer the opportunity to purchase food once aboard the plane.
REDjet airlines have concluded the purchase of two aircrafts which had been used by American Airlines. REDjet have modified the aircraft to adapt it to an all economy configuration that will be able to carry 149 passengers, providing each with 33 inches of leg room.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 1 Child stays and eats FREE in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay FREE in a Family Suite
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...