REDjet hopes to start operating St Lucia flights by October
The discount airline REDjet is aiming to begin operating St Lucia flights as early as October this year. The company is renowned for its low cost services and will bring a pleasant new option for those flying to their St Lucia holidays.
After a successful application low cost airline REDjet has recently been granted permission to begin flights from Barbados to St Lucia, and will aim to begin travelling to the island by October. REDjet is well known for cheap non-stop flights across the Caribbean, and have flights starting from as low as $9.99 - $29.99 (before tax) depending on demand. The company claims it saves costumers on average an impressive 60% on air travel. This means that looking to make a saving on their St Lucia holidays will certainly be very pleased by the latest news.
The tourism minister for St Lucia, Allen Chastanet, also recently spoke about the possibility of REDjet expanding its operations to include flights from both St Lucia and Barbados to Panama. He was quoted as saying “We have also had meetings in Panama with REDjet with the idea of getting REDjet to operate into Panama, both out of St Lucia and Barbados”.
The planned Panama and St Lucia flights are a fantastic prospect for those taking or planning St Lucia holidays, as the new routes will open up the opportunity for experiencing more Caribbean and Latin American destinations. This will add to the ever-expanding list of options for travellers to see and explore during their Caribbean holidays.
The low fare airline is currently flights to and from Guyana and Jamaica as well as recently being granted permission to begin departing flying to St Kitts. The airline is seeking to further expand its operations across the Caribbean with Grenada and Dominica also wanting the carrier to include them as new destinations in the airline’s Caribbean itinerary.
In an effort to ensure that REDjet can offer the lowest possible prices they do not offer a variety of services that many passengers are accustomed to on their flights, such as a business class section, on board meals or reserved seating. However, the company does offer priority boarding, meaning those who are willing to pay extra will have first dibs on the seats available on the plane. Moreover, they offer the opportunity to purchase food once aboard the plane.
REDjet airlines have concluded the purchase of two aircrafts which had been used by American Airlines. REDjet have modified the aircraft to adapt it to an all economy configuration that will be able to carry 149 passengers, providing each with 33 inches of leg room.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Escape to a vibrant resort nestled in St Lucia's most striking landscape - beautiful Labrelotte Bay; it's captivating for families and couples
- Book All Inclusive to include breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks & beverages, including alcohol (wine and sparkling wine by glass), access to both motorized & non motorized water sports and a tennis court
- Located in beautiful Labrelotte Bay on the island of Saint Lucia
- Enhancement sale: Massive Savings on Accomodation and Meal Upgrades of upto 56%
- 6 swimming pools including two children's swimming pools
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a free room upgrade and upto half price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Take advantage of savings up to 50% for travel in 2017 and 2018, Room upgrades or have Christmas on us!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...