Airline Brokers to Commence Direct Fort Lauderdale-Cuba Flights in September
American tourists will now be able to book direct charter flights for Cuba holidays from Fort Lauderdale. Airline Brokers Company, Inc will commence its charter service to Havana in September by using JetBlue Airways and its spacious Airbus A320 aircraft.
Airline Brokers Company Inc. will start to operate direct charter flights to Cuba between Fort Lauderdale and Havana on 12th September, 2011. The charter service will be operated by JetBlue Airways using the spacious Airbus A320 aircraft, and during flights to Cuba passengers will be able to enjoy an in-flight entertainment system with 140 free channels of live television and satellite radio; more legroom in economy class than other U.S. carriers; comfortable leather seats; and award-winning customer service.
Vivian Mannerud, President of Airline Brokers, said: "We're very excited to be offering JetBlue's quality service to our licensed passengers.
"JetBlue's well-acclaimed aircraft offers a superb level of cost-effective luxury that our clients have been craving for quite some time. In addition, passengers connecting from other states will find it economical to fly into Fort Lauderdale."
Founded in 1982 by Vivian Mannerud, Airline Brokers is an OFAC licensed charter operator that provides air transportations to a number of domestic and international destinations. The company specialises in Cuba travel and currently offers nine weekly flights between Miami International Airport and Havana and Cienfuegos in Cuba.
For almost three decades, Airline Brokers has been the pioneer in the air travel industry between the United States and Cuba. Thousands of legally licensed travellers and groups have been able to take Cuba holidays through academic, scientific, religious, cultural, humanitarian and intellectual activities, tours and programmes.
Earlier this year, U.S. President Barack Obama eased restrictions on the decades-long U.S-Cuba travel embargo which means that American travellers can now travel to the Caribbean island for religious, academic, cultural, educational and professional purposes. The news has been welcomed by tourism officials in Cuba who are expecting to see an influx in visitors from the United States taking holidays in Cuba where they will visit local tourist attractions, beaches, restaurants and Cuba hotels.
Mannerud added: "I was extremely pleased to hear that the U.S. government allowed Cuba charter flights to operate from added airports around the country. This makes it much easier and more affordable for Cuban-born U.S. citizens to visit their homeland and reunite with their families as well as educational and religious travellers flying into Havana, through Fort Lauderdale, from all over the country. There is no greater joy for me than knowing that my team and I will help make that reunion happen."
The flights will be the first ever to be launched between Fort Lauderdale and Cuba, providing more transport options for U.S. tourists planning Cuba holidays.
Kent George, A.A.E., Director of Aviation, Broward County Aviation Department, said: "Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) is pleased to offer South Florida's large Cuban-American population a new alternative for flights to Cuba. The new charter flights will strengthen FLL's position as a gateway to the Caribbean and to South/Central America."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...