Airline Brokers to Commence Direct Fort Lauderdale-Cuba Flights in September
American tourists will now be able to book direct charter flights for Cuba holidays from Fort Lauderdale. Airline Brokers Company, Inc will commence its charter service to Havana in September by using JetBlue Airways and its spacious Airbus A320 aircraft.
Airline Brokers Company Inc. will start to operate direct charter flights to Cuba between Fort Lauderdale and Havana on 12th September, 2011. The charter service will be operated by JetBlue Airways using the spacious Airbus A320 aircraft, and during flights to Cuba passengers will be able to enjoy an in-flight entertainment system with 140 free channels of live television and satellite radio; more legroom in economy class than other U.S. carriers; comfortable leather seats; and award-winning customer service.
Vivian Mannerud, President of Airline Brokers, said: "We're very excited to be offering JetBlue's quality service to our licensed passengers.
"JetBlue's well-acclaimed aircraft offers a superb level of cost-effective luxury that our clients have been craving for quite some time. In addition, passengers connecting from other states will find it economical to fly into Fort Lauderdale."
Founded in 1982 by Vivian Mannerud, Airline Brokers is an OFAC licensed charter operator that provides air transportations to a number of domestic and international destinations. The company specialises in Cuba travel and currently offers nine weekly flights between Miami International Airport and Havana and Cienfuegos in Cuba.
For almost three decades, Airline Brokers has been the pioneer in the air travel industry between the United States and Cuba. Thousands of legally licensed travellers and groups have been able to take Cuba holidays through academic, scientific, religious, cultural, humanitarian and intellectual activities, tours and programmes.
Earlier this year, U.S. President Barack Obama eased restrictions on the decades-long U.S-Cuba travel embargo which means that American travellers can now travel to the Caribbean island for religious, academic, cultural, educational and professional purposes. The news has been welcomed by tourism officials in Cuba who are expecting to see an influx in visitors from the United States taking holidays in Cuba where they will visit local tourist attractions, beaches, restaurants and Cuba hotels.
Mannerud added: "I was extremely pleased to hear that the U.S. government allowed Cuba charter flights to operate from added airports around the country. This makes it much easier and more affordable for Cuban-born U.S. citizens to visit their homeland and reunite with their families as well as educational and religious travellers flying into Havana, through Fort Lauderdale, from all over the country. There is no greater joy for me than knowing that my team and I will help make that reunion happen."
The flights will be the first ever to be launched between Fort Lauderdale and Cuba, providing more transport options for U.S. tourists planning Cuba holidays.
Kent George, A.A.E., Director of Aviation, Broward County Aviation Department, said: "Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) is pleased to offer South Florida's large Cuban-American population a new alternative for flights to Cuba. The new charter flights will strengthen FLL's position as a gateway to the Caribbean and to South/Central America."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...