Airline Brokers to Commence Direct Fort Lauderdale-Cuba Flights in September
American tourists will now be able to book direct charter flights for Cuba holidays from Fort Lauderdale. Airline Brokers Company, Inc will commence its charter service to Havana in September by using JetBlue Airways and its spacious Airbus A320 aircraft.
Airline Brokers Company Inc. will start to operate direct charter flights to Cuba between Fort Lauderdale and Havana on 12th September, 2011. The charter service will be operated by JetBlue Airways using the spacious Airbus A320 aircraft, and during flights to Cuba passengers will be able to enjoy an in-flight entertainment system with 140 free channels of live television and satellite radio; more legroom in economy class than other U.S. carriers; comfortable leather seats; and award-winning customer service.
Vivian Mannerud, President of Airline Brokers, said: "We're very excited to be offering JetBlue's quality service to our licensed passengers.
"JetBlue's well-acclaimed aircraft offers a superb level of cost-effective luxury that our clients have been craving for quite some time. In addition, passengers connecting from other states will find it economical to fly into Fort Lauderdale."
Founded in 1982 by Vivian Mannerud, Airline Brokers is an OFAC licensed charter operator that provides air transportations to a number of domestic and international destinations. The company specialises in Cuba travel and currently offers nine weekly flights between Miami International Airport and Havana and Cienfuegos in Cuba.
For almost three decades, Airline Brokers has been the pioneer in the air travel industry between the United States and Cuba. Thousands of legally licensed travellers and groups have been able to take Cuba holidays through academic, scientific, religious, cultural, humanitarian and intellectual activities, tours and programmes.
Earlier this year, U.S. President Barack Obama eased restrictions on the decades-long U.S-Cuba travel embargo which means that American travellers can now travel to the Caribbean island for religious, academic, cultural, educational and professional purposes. The news has been welcomed by tourism officials in Cuba who are expecting to see an influx in visitors from the United States taking holidays in Cuba where they will visit local tourist attractions, beaches, restaurants and Cuba hotels.
Mannerud added: "I was extremely pleased to hear that the U.S. government allowed Cuba charter flights to operate from added airports around the country. This makes it much easier and more affordable for Cuban-born U.S. citizens to visit their homeland and reunite with their families as well as educational and religious travellers flying into Havana, through Fort Lauderdale, from all over the country. There is no greater joy for me than knowing that my team and I will help make that reunion happen."
The flights will be the first ever to be launched between Fort Lauderdale and Cuba, providing more transport options for U.S. tourists planning Cuba holidays.
Kent George, A.A.E., Director of Aviation, Broward County Aviation Department, said: "Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) is pleased to offer South Florida's large Cuban-American population a new alternative for flights to Cuba. The new charter flights will strengthen FLL's position as a gateway to the Caribbean and to South/Central America."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...