Airline Brokers to Commence Direct Fort Lauderdale-Cuba Flights in September
American tourists will now be able to book direct charter flights for Cuba holidays from Fort Lauderdale. Airline Brokers Company, Inc will commence its charter service to Havana in September by using JetBlue Airways and its spacious Airbus A320 aircraft.
Airline Brokers Company Inc. will start to operate direct charter flights to Cuba between Fort Lauderdale and Havana on 12th September, 2011. The charter service will be operated by JetBlue Airways using the spacious Airbus A320 aircraft, and during flights to Cuba passengers will be able to enjoy an in-flight entertainment system with 140 free channels of live television and satellite radio; more legroom in economy class than other U.S. carriers; comfortable leather seats; and award-winning customer service.
Vivian Mannerud, President of Airline Brokers, said: "We're very excited to be offering JetBlue's quality service to our licensed passengers.
"JetBlue's well-acclaimed aircraft offers a superb level of cost-effective luxury that our clients have been craving for quite some time. In addition, passengers connecting from other states will find it economical to fly into Fort Lauderdale."
Founded in 1982 by Vivian Mannerud, Airline Brokers is an OFAC licensed charter operator that provides air transportations to a number of domestic and international destinations. The company specialises in Cuba travel and currently offers nine weekly flights between Miami International Airport and Havana and Cienfuegos in Cuba.
For almost three decades, Airline Brokers has been the pioneer in the air travel industry between the United States and Cuba. Thousands of legally licensed travellers and groups have been able to take Cuba holidays through academic, scientific, religious, cultural, humanitarian and intellectual activities, tours and programmes.
Earlier this year, U.S. President Barack Obama eased restrictions on the decades-long U.S-Cuba travel embargo which means that American travellers can now travel to the Caribbean island for religious, academic, cultural, educational and professional purposes. The news has been welcomed by tourism officials in Cuba who are expecting to see an influx in visitors from the United States taking holidays in Cuba where they will visit local tourist attractions, beaches, restaurants and Cuba hotels.
Mannerud added: "I was extremely pleased to hear that the U.S. government allowed Cuba charter flights to operate from added airports around the country. This makes it much easier and more affordable for Cuban-born U.S. citizens to visit their homeland and reunite with their families as well as educational and religious travellers flying into Havana, through Fort Lauderdale, from all over the country. There is no greater joy for me than knowing that my team and I will help make that reunion happen."
The flights will be the first ever to be launched between Fort Lauderdale and Cuba, providing more transport options for U.S. tourists planning Cuba holidays.
Kent George, A.A.E., Director of Aviation, Broward County Aviation Department, said: "Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) is pleased to offer South Florida's large Cuban-American population a new alternative for flights to Cuba. The new charter flights will strengthen FLL's position as a gateway to the Caribbean and to South/Central America."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...