Autograph Collection by Marriot enters the Caribbean holidays market
Entering the luxury sector of the Caribbean holidays market, the exclusive Autograph Collection of hotels and resorts by Marriott International has recently revealed its first ever hotel addition in the Caribbean and in the British Virgin Islands.
Marriott’s fastest growing international brand, the Autograph Collection has recently unveiled plans for the Scrub Island Resort, Spa and Marina, in the British Virgin Islands to soon joing its exclusive collection of luxury hotels and resorts by early 2012.
Done through a franchise agreement with Scrub Island Development Group LTD, with this new hotel property Marriott International would land its first ever property in the British Virgin Islands and it marks a first in the Caribbean holidays market for its Autograph Collection brand.
The new luxury property will join the list of exclusive and lavish Caribbean hotels. Beautifully poised on a serene, private island, the Scrub Island Resort, Marina and Spa offers a total of just 67 rooms, suites and villas, all featuring the fines West Indian décor with materials and facilities that perfectly complement the compelling beauty of the surroundings. The resort also boasts its own marina, a collection of fine-dining restaurants and an impeccable collection of facilities including a luxury spa, all in the perfectly unspoilt environment of secluded, untouched beaches that are home to spectacular reefs, located within swimming distance. A snorkeller’s paradise, the Scrub Island Resort, Spa and Marina delivers the kind of Caribbean holidays most holidaymakers fantasise about.
Launched just over a year ago, the Autograph Collection comprises a group of exceptional independent hotels, each hand-selected for their originality, character and uncommon details. To date, Autograph Collection portfolio includes more than 20 properties in the United States and Europe and this number should double by the end of the year.
“The Scrub Island Resort is perfect for the Autograph Collection because it is one-of-a-kind, independently operated property that can retain its personality, while benefitting from our powerful sales engine and economies of scale, which is important in these competitive times,” were the praise words expressed by Laurent de Kousemaeker, chief development officer for Marriott International in the Caribbean and Latin America. “We are excited about the opportunity to reveal this exclusive resort in the Caribbean, for the rest of the world to also enjoy.”
Providing the perfect setting for the most unforgettable luxury holidays to be experienced in the British Virgin Islands, some of the resort’s signature facilities include a gourmet market, a multi-level swimming pool, a collection of retail outlets and boutiques, a beach club, a variety of nature and hiking trails and a deluxe fitness centre and spa, which are planned to be relocated and expanded by 2013. In addition to all this, with a total of 7,000 sq. feet of meeting space, the resort now has the largest meeting facility in the British Virgin Islands.
Krip Vreeland, Vice President for Autograph Collection said of the brand’s new Caribbean hotel acquisition: “Scrub Island Resort is an exciting addition to Autograph Collection, located in a premier Caribbean destination. As our first Caribbean resort in the exclusive Retreat category, we are confident that our Autograph Collection guests will embrace this unique resort as the newest member of our portfolio.”
“We are pleased to be part of the Marriott International reservations engine and to promote our beautiful resort to a wider audience,” added Joe Collier, founder and president of Mainsail, which will continue to operate the resort under its new ownership by Marriott International.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...