Sandals to spend $500 M in Jamaica and the Caribbean
The Sandals Group have proudly unveiled plans to invest the whopping figure of $500 million in an extensive expansion project to strengthen its brand in the Caribbean and develop a set of innovative facilities and new properties all across the region.
As part of is regional expansion plans in Jamaica and the Caribbean, the Sandals Group of couples only hotels and family-friendly resorts has unveiled a new project worth $500 million to expand its brand and revolutionise the luxury holidays industry in Jamaica and the Caribbean.
Adam Stewart, Sandals Resorts International Chief Executive Officer recently unveiled some of the prospective initiatives which are planned to take place over the next seven to eight years and which will highly impact the Caribbean holidays industry with innovative facilities and the construction of new Caribbean hotels and resorts.
Talking about one of the company's latest project in the Jamaica holidays industry Steward said: "The Sandals City resort is very much under development,". The previously announced 250-luxury-room resort that is to be built on approximately five acres of land along Oxford Road in Kingston is still under way with plans that also far advanced for the construction of a new off-shore village that is being built at Sandals Grande St Lucian, in the eastern Caribbean island, for which ground was broken last week. Around 150 new luxury suites, including the company's signature over-the- water suites accommodation, will be constructed over the next few months.
The new project announcement comes as the Sandals Group, which includes Appliance Traders and the Jamaica Observer, celebrates its 30th anniversary providing luxury holidays in the Caribbean and going strong. Stewart also added that 30 luxury suites would be built to represent every year that the company had been in business.
The Sandals CEO noted that the luxurious over-the-water-suites would, among other amenities, feature glass floors, and would be another first for Sandals Resorts and tourism in the Caribbean; as that type of accommodation had never been done in the region.
Stewart further explained how throughout Sandals' 30-year journey, many changes had been implemented to ensure it remained on top, and that accommodations like the over-the-water-suites and other expansion would further cement Sandals' position as leaders in the luxury Caribbean holidays industry.
Other plans, the CEO said, include the expansion of the Beaches family brand with the construction of a 400-room resort at Whitehouse in Westmoreland, 100 private luxury suites at Beaches Negril and a 400-room resort at Bloody Bay in Negril. He said designs were also being done for Beaches properties in St Lucia and Antigua.
Stewart also spoke about the Dragon Bay development in Portland which he said was very significant, as it would be a high-end development. But he pointed out that it was unlikely to come to fruition before an aerodrome was built in the parish.
Another of the company's plans includes an off-shore island at Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, where several over-the-water suites are also to be constructed. Stewart said while the Jamaican Government was yet to give its final approval, he was optimistic that the new innovation would soon become a reality.
Meanwhile, chairman and founder of Sandals Resorts, Gordon 'Butch' Stewart said that for 17 consecutive years his hotel chain had been ranked as the world's best all-inclusive hotels and commended his over 10,000-strong team members for their continued commitment to the company.
The Sandals Hotels brand and its products were highlighted Saturday night with several top-notch video presentations showcasing the different experiences including accommodation, food, entertainment, bars and nightlife, weddings, land and water activities and kids' programs, among others.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...