Sandals to spend $500 M in Jamaica and the Caribbean
The Sandals Group have proudly unveiled plans to invest the whopping figure of $500 million in an extensive expansion project to strengthen its brand in the Caribbean and develop a set of innovative facilities and new properties all across the region.
As part of is regional expansion plans in Jamaica and the Caribbean, the Sandals Group of couples only hotels and family-friendly resorts has unveiled a new project worth $500 million to expand its brand and revolutionise the luxury holidays industry in Jamaica and the Caribbean.
Adam Stewart, Sandals Resorts International Chief Executive Officer recently unveiled some of the prospective initiatives which are planned to take place over the next seven to eight years and which will highly impact the Caribbean holidays industry with innovative facilities and the construction of new Caribbean hotels and resorts.
Talking about one of the company's latest project in the Jamaica holidays industry Steward said: "The Sandals City resort is very much under development,". The previously announced 250-luxury-room resort that is to be built on approximately five acres of land along Oxford Road in Kingston is still under way with plans that also far advanced for the construction of a new off-shore village that is being built at Sandals Grande St Lucian, in the eastern Caribbean island, for which ground was broken last week. Around 150 new luxury suites, including the company's signature over-the- water suites accommodation, will be constructed over the next few months.
The new project announcement comes as the Sandals Group, which includes Appliance Traders and the Jamaica Observer, celebrates its 30th anniversary providing luxury holidays in the Caribbean and going strong. Stewart also added that 30 luxury suites would be built to represent every year that the company had been in business.
The Sandals CEO noted that the luxurious over-the-water-suites would, among other amenities, feature glass floors, and would be another first for Sandals Resorts and tourism in the Caribbean; as that type of accommodation had never been done in the region.
Stewart further explained how throughout Sandals' 30-year journey, many changes had been implemented to ensure it remained on top, and that accommodations like the over-the-water-suites and other expansion would further cement Sandals' position as leaders in the luxury Caribbean holidays industry.
Other plans, the CEO said, include the expansion of the Beaches family brand with the construction of a 400-room resort at Whitehouse in Westmoreland, 100 private luxury suites at Beaches Negril and a 400-room resort at Bloody Bay in Negril. He said designs were also being done for Beaches properties in St Lucia and Antigua.
Stewart also spoke about the Dragon Bay development in Portland which he said was very significant, as it would be a high-end development. But he pointed out that it was unlikely to come to fruition before an aerodrome was built in the parish.
Another of the company's plans includes an off-shore island at Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, where several over-the-water suites are also to be constructed. Stewart said while the Jamaican Government was yet to give its final approval, he was optimistic that the new innovation would soon become a reality.
Meanwhile, chairman and founder of Sandals Resorts, Gordon 'Butch' Stewart said that for 17 consecutive years his hotel chain had been ranked as the world's best all-inclusive hotels and commended his over 10,000-strong team members for their continued commitment to the company.
The Sandals Hotels brand and its products were highlighted Saturday night with several top-notch video presentations showcasing the different experiences including accommodation, food, entertainment, bars and nightlife, weddings, land and water activities and kids' programs, among others.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...