New Runway inaugurated at Punta Cana Airport
A brand new, state of the art runway has opened at the International Punta Cana Airport, including a host of brand new facilities for the popular airport terminal, the favoured for many travellers going to Dominican Republic holidays in Punta Cana.
The Puntacana Group is proud to reveal the official opening of the new runway at Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ) the most popular airport destination in the Dominican Republic for an increasing number of worldwide travellers who come to the Caribbean island to enjoy holidays in Punta Cana.
With the new terminal runway opening at Punta Cana airport also comes the launch of a brand new website for Grupo Puntacana as the new puntacanainternationalairport.com web page goes live. The new site has been designed to ease and simplify the booking process for travellers planning Dominican Republic holidays in Punta Cana. Through the easily navigable new portal, travellers will be able to book not only flights, but also place reservations at a variety of Punta Cana hotels and hire car services. They will also be able to track flights and access further information on the region and beach resort, such as weather, history and custom details.
The brand new runway at Punta Cana International Airport will increase the lift capacity of the rapidly expanding Dominican airport which also happens to be the country’s leading port of entry and one of the fastest growing in the Caribbean. The new runway was built to support the growing demand for direct flights to the Dominican Republic’s popular beach resort of Punta Cana from major international cities. A growing list of flights are currently operated in Punta Cana International Airport, from major cities around the world such as New York, Chicago, Miami, Paris, London, Moscow, and Sao Paolo.
"Punta Cana is the most highly visited vacation destination in the Caribbean, and we are thrilled to offer travellers the opportunity to find all the information they need to book a trip in one place. Our goal has always been to showcase the beauty of our country to as many people as possible, and with the launch of the site as well as the new runway, travel to the Dominican Republic has never been easier." - Frank R. Rainieri, President and CEO of Grupo Puntacana explained.
Owned and managed by Grupo Puntacana, the Punta Cana International Airport is part of a group which was founded in 1969 by two main investors with a vision of a resort that protected and embodied the essence of the Dominican Republic's rich culture and scenery whilst representing the growing Dominican Republic holidays industry.
The development of Grupo Puntacana started when Dominican businessman and hotelier Frank R. Rainieri and Theodore W. Kheel, the prominent New York attorney and labour mediator, formed a partnership to create a resort and real estate community that respected Punta Cana’s natural and organic beauty while offering world-class luxury holidays experiences in the Dominican Republic’s most sought after beach resort.
As the first world-class eco-chic luxury property, the first property launched by the Puntacana Group was the Puntacana Resort and Club, a vast and ambitious beach resort project that includes hotels, golf courses, restaurants, lounges, yachting facilities, private estates, an international airport and a pristine ecological reserve. New owners have since joined the Grupo Puntacana team and they are major world-renown celebrities Julio Iglesias and Oscar de la Renta, who both own residential homes there.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...