New Runway inaugurated at Punta Cana Airport
A brand new, state of the art runway has opened at the International Punta Cana Airport, including a host of brand new facilities for the popular airport terminal, the favoured for many travellers going to Dominican Republic holidays in Punta Cana.
The Puntacana Group is proud to reveal the official opening of the new runway at Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ) the most popular airport destination in the Dominican Republic for an increasing number of worldwide travellers who come to the Caribbean island to enjoy holidays in Punta Cana.
With the new terminal runway opening at Punta Cana airport also comes the launch of a brand new website for Grupo Puntacana as the new puntacanainternationalairport.com web page goes live. The new site has been designed to ease and simplify the booking process for travellers planning Dominican Republic holidays in Punta Cana. Through the easily navigable new portal, travellers will be able to book not only flights, but also place reservations at a variety of Punta Cana hotels and hire car services. They will also be able to track flights and access further information on the region and beach resort, such as weather, history and custom details.
The brand new runway at Punta Cana International Airport will increase the lift capacity of the rapidly expanding Dominican airport which also happens to be the country’s leading port of entry and one of the fastest growing in the Caribbean. The new runway was built to support the growing demand for direct flights to the Dominican Republic’s popular beach resort of Punta Cana from major international cities. A growing list of flights are currently operated in Punta Cana International Airport, from major cities around the world such as New York, Chicago, Miami, Paris, London, Moscow, and Sao Paolo.
"Punta Cana is the most highly visited vacation destination in the Caribbean, and we are thrilled to offer travellers the opportunity to find all the information they need to book a trip in one place. Our goal has always been to showcase the beauty of our country to as many people as possible, and with the launch of the site as well as the new runway, travel to the Dominican Republic has never been easier." - Frank R. Rainieri, President and CEO of Grupo Puntacana explained.
Owned and managed by Grupo Puntacana, the Punta Cana International Airport is part of a group which was founded in 1969 by two main investors with a vision of a resort that protected and embodied the essence of the Dominican Republic's rich culture and scenery whilst representing the growing Dominican Republic holidays industry.
The development of Grupo Puntacana started when Dominican businessman and hotelier Frank R. Rainieri and Theodore W. Kheel, the prominent New York attorney and labour mediator, formed a partnership to create a resort and real estate community that respected Punta Cana’s natural and organic beauty while offering world-class luxury holidays experiences in the Dominican Republic’s most sought after beach resort.
As the first world-class eco-chic luxury property, the first property launched by the Puntacana Group was the Puntacana Resort and Club, a vast and ambitious beach resort project that includes hotels, golf courses, restaurants, lounges, yachting facilities, private estates, an international airport and a pristine ecological reserve. New owners have since joined the Grupo Puntacana team and they are major world-renown celebrities Julio Iglesias and Oscar de la Renta, who both own residential homes there.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...