New Runway inaugurated at Punta Cana Airport
A brand new, state of the art runway has opened at the International Punta Cana Airport, including a host of brand new facilities for the popular airport terminal, the favoured for many travellers going to Dominican Republic holidays in Punta Cana.
The Puntacana Group is proud to reveal the official opening of the new runway at Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ) the most popular airport destination in the Dominican Republic for an increasing number of worldwide travellers who come to the Caribbean island to enjoy holidays in Punta Cana.
With the new terminal runway opening at Punta Cana airport also comes the launch of a brand new website for Grupo Puntacana as the new puntacanainternationalairport.com web page goes live. The new site has been designed to ease and simplify the booking process for travellers planning Dominican Republic holidays in Punta Cana. Through the easily navigable new portal, travellers will be able to book not only flights, but also place reservations at a variety of Punta Cana hotels and hire car services. They will also be able to track flights and access further information on the region and beach resort, such as weather, history and custom details.
The brand new runway at Punta Cana International Airport will increase the lift capacity of the rapidly expanding Dominican airport which also happens to be the country’s leading port of entry and one of the fastest growing in the Caribbean. The new runway was built to support the growing demand for direct flights to the Dominican Republic’s popular beach resort of Punta Cana from major international cities. A growing list of flights are currently operated in Punta Cana International Airport, from major cities around the world such as New York, Chicago, Miami, Paris, London, Moscow, and Sao Paolo.
"Punta Cana is the most highly visited vacation destination in the Caribbean, and we are thrilled to offer travellers the opportunity to find all the information they need to book a trip in one place. Our goal has always been to showcase the beauty of our country to as many people as possible, and with the launch of the site as well as the new runway, travel to the Dominican Republic has never been easier." - Frank R. Rainieri, President and CEO of Grupo Puntacana explained.
Owned and managed by Grupo Puntacana, the Punta Cana International Airport is part of a group which was founded in 1969 by two main investors with a vision of a resort that protected and embodied the essence of the Dominican Republic's rich culture and scenery whilst representing the growing Dominican Republic holidays industry.
The development of Grupo Puntacana started when Dominican businessman and hotelier Frank R. Rainieri and Theodore W. Kheel, the prominent New York attorney and labour mediator, formed a partnership to create a resort and real estate community that respected Punta Cana’s natural and organic beauty while offering world-class luxury holidays experiences in the Dominican Republic’s most sought after beach resort.
As the first world-class eco-chic luxury property, the first property launched by the Puntacana Group was the Puntacana Resort and Club, a vast and ambitious beach resort project that includes hotels, golf courses, restaurants, lounges, yachting facilities, private estates, an international airport and a pristine ecological reserve. New owners have since joined the Grupo Puntacana team and they are major world-renown celebrities Julio Iglesias and Oscar de la Renta, who both own residential homes there.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...