Media Consulta to Handle PR for Egypt Tourism in UK
The PR company, Media Consulta UK, will be handling Egypt's tourism PR across the United Kingdom in an attempt to encourage travellers to start booking Egypt holidays once again following the political unrest from riots that took place earlier this year.
The Egyptian State Tourist Office has announced that it has appointed the PR company, Media Consulta UK, to handle Egypt’s tourism PR over the next 12 months. The PR company will be handling both consumer PR and the UK travel trade in a bid to encourage travellers from the United Kingdom to book Egypt holidays once again, following the political riots that took place in January this year.
The number of UK tourists taking holidays in Egypt in April 2011 fell by 35 per cent compared to the same time last year and Egyptian tourist officials are keen to win back the UK market.
Media Consulta UK won the account after a competitive pitch to the Egyptian State Tourist Office and the Managing Director of the PR company, Niall Cowley, said that Egypt is “one of the world’s leading tourist destinations, with a unique and wide-ranging offer”.
MCUK will promote Egypt holidays and major destinations across the country via print, broadcasting, and online media in the United Kingdom. The agency will also be responsible for handling press visits, developing high-profile UK campaign ambassadors, overseeing presence at London travel trade fairs, producing TV news packages, and advertising across the United Kingdom.
The history-rich Arab country is seeing a severe decline in international travellers going on holidays to Egypt since the political riots took place across Egypt’s major cities earlier this year.
Hundreds of thousands of anti-government protesters took to the streets calling for President Mubarak to step down. Egyptian police intervened and the protests soon turned violent with nearly 900 protestors killed during the 18-day period. Despite President Mubarak stepping down, the country has experienced a significant decline in international tourists and many Egypt hotels are still suffering from the lack of visitors.
The main cities that have been affected by the political unrest include Cairo and Luxor but fortunately the Red Sea resorts have seen little impact with popular resorts such as Sharm El Sheikh and Hurghada remaining a popular beach holiday destination for travellers.
Popular scuba diving resorts such as Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada have continued to see a steady number of travellers taking scuba diving holidays and visitors appear to be more confident in visiting this region than the country’s earlier-mentioned major cities.
Egypt has launched a series of international marketing strategies and campaigns to attract holidaymakers back to the country and boost the country’s tourism industry.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Have fun in the sun, dive in the underwater gardens of the Red Sea and enjoy a myriad of activities for the whole family
- Great family resort with plenty of activities
- Only 5 minutes away from Sharm El Sheikh International Airport
- Enjoy astonishing variety of fish and marine life of the Red Sea
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...