Media Consulta to Handle PR for Egypt Tourism in UK
The PR company, Media Consulta UK, will be handling Egypt's tourism PR across the United Kingdom in an attempt to encourage travellers to start booking Egypt holidays once again following the political unrest from riots that took place earlier this year.
The Egyptian State Tourist Office has announced that it has appointed the PR company, Media Consulta UK, to handle Egypt’s tourism PR over the next 12 months. The PR company will be handling both consumer PR and the UK travel trade in a bid to encourage travellers from the United Kingdom to book Egypt holidays once again, following the political riots that took place in January this year.
The number of UK tourists taking holidays in Egypt in April 2011 fell by 35 per cent compared to the same time last year and Egyptian tourist officials are keen to win back the UK market.
Media Consulta UK won the account after a competitive pitch to the Egyptian State Tourist Office and the Managing Director of the PR company, Niall Cowley, said that Egypt is “one of the world’s leading tourist destinations, with a unique and wide-ranging offer”.
MCUK will promote Egypt holidays and major destinations across the country via print, broadcasting, and online media in the United Kingdom. The agency will also be responsible for handling press visits, developing high-profile UK campaign ambassadors, overseeing presence at London travel trade fairs, producing TV news packages, and advertising across the United Kingdom.
The history-rich Arab country is seeing a severe decline in international travellers going on holidays to Egypt since the political riots took place across Egypt’s major cities earlier this year.
Hundreds of thousands of anti-government protesters took to the streets calling for President Mubarak to step down. Egyptian police intervened and the protests soon turned violent with nearly 900 protestors killed during the 18-day period. Despite President Mubarak stepping down, the country has experienced a significant decline in international tourists and many Egypt hotels are still suffering from the lack of visitors.
The main cities that have been affected by the political unrest include Cairo and Luxor but fortunately the Red Sea resorts have seen little impact with popular resorts such as Sharm El Sheikh and Hurghada remaining a popular beach holiday destination for travellers.
Popular scuba diving resorts such as Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada have continued to see a steady number of travellers taking scuba diving holidays and visitors appear to be more confident in visiting this region than the country’s earlier-mentioned major cities.
Egypt has launched a series of international marketing strategies and campaigns to attract holidaymakers back to the country and boost the country’s tourism industry.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
The most popular choice for divers, snorkellers and water sports enthusiasts, this is a resort that has it all.
- Relax and spoil yourself at the health club with gym, steam room and sauna
- Benefit from the Kids' Club with daily activities, an entertainment centre and their own playground
- Ideal location beside a private beach just 15 minutes from Hurghada airport and 20 kilometres from the centre of Hurghada
Guests can enjoy a treatment in the spa, explore the area on horseback, or enjoy a round of golf.
- A historic hotel with a rich and colourful history, the Mena house is surrounded by 40 acres of gardens, just 700 metres from the Pyramids
- One of the few hotels in Cairo to offer a golf course
- Relax in the Sultan bar with a cocktail in hand, whilst looking out to the pyramids or enjoy informal dining in the Oasis, a poolside restaurant
Ideally located on the eastern bank of the Nile, the hotel offers an oasis of luxury with excellent facilities and beautiful views across the Nile
- This hotel is a haven of relaxation where you can lie back in a sun lounge immersed in one of the hotel's infinity pools or relax in a shaded hammock and take in the views
- There are seven restaurants and bars to chose from including the elegant Sunset Lounge and Terrace which serves cocktails and snacks as well as stunning sunset views
- The Hilton Luxor features contemporary guest rooms, excellent facilities and uninterrupted views across the Nile
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Discover Egypt's beautiful capital as you take a 15-day holiday at the amazing Sofitel El Gezirah hotel. Set on a small...
Make the Egyptian city of Luxor your home for eight days as you discover the timeless treasures that make this country...
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Spoil yourself with an amazing historic holiday in the region of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Since 1869, the Mena House...