Media Consulta to Handle PR for Egypt Tourism in UK
The PR company, Media Consulta UK, will be handling Egypt's tourism PR across the United Kingdom in an attempt to encourage travellers to start booking Egypt holidays once again following the political unrest from riots that took place earlier this year.
The Egyptian State Tourist Office has announced that it has appointed the PR company, Media Consulta UK, to handle Egypt’s tourism PR over the next 12 months. The PR company will be handling both consumer PR and the UK travel trade in a bid to encourage travellers from the United Kingdom to book Egypt holidays once again, following the political riots that took place in January this year.
The number of UK tourists taking holidays in Egypt in April 2011 fell by 35 per cent compared to the same time last year and Egyptian tourist officials are keen to win back the UK market.
Media Consulta UK won the account after a competitive pitch to the Egyptian State Tourist Office and the Managing Director of the PR company, Niall Cowley, said that Egypt is “one of the world’s leading tourist destinations, with a unique and wide-ranging offer”.
MCUK will promote Egypt holidays and major destinations across the country via print, broadcasting, and online media in the United Kingdom. The agency will also be responsible for handling press visits, developing high-profile UK campaign ambassadors, overseeing presence at London travel trade fairs, producing TV news packages, and advertising across the United Kingdom.
The history-rich Arab country is seeing a severe decline in international travellers going on holidays to Egypt since the political riots took place across Egypt’s major cities earlier this year.
Hundreds of thousands of anti-government protesters took to the streets calling for President Mubarak to step down. Egyptian police intervened and the protests soon turned violent with nearly 900 protestors killed during the 18-day period. Despite President Mubarak stepping down, the country has experienced a significant decline in international tourists and many Egypt hotels are still suffering from the lack of visitors.
The main cities that have been affected by the political unrest include Cairo and Luxor but fortunately the Red Sea resorts have seen little impact with popular resorts such as Sharm El Sheikh and Hurghada remaining a popular beach holiday destination for travellers.
Popular scuba diving resorts such as Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada have continued to see a steady number of travellers taking scuba diving holidays and visitors appear to be more confident in visiting this region than the country’s earlier-mentioned major cities.
Egypt has launched a series of international marketing strategies and campaigns to attract holidaymakers back to the country and boost the country’s tourism industry.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports
Stay in comfortable cabins with air-conditioning and elegant dining rooms
- Benefit from the fabulous view of karnak, valley of the kingsand the temple of Philae
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with all night entertainment like the belly dancing show and other typical Egyptian performances
- Enjoy the large sun deck with loungers and a swimming pool a massage service is also available on the sundeck
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...