American Airlines to offer 3,000 additional seats to Dominican Republic flights
Travellers from the United States going on Dominican Republic holidays will be able to enjoy regular flights to the Caribbean island nation after American Airlines recently announced the increase of its daily flights to La Romana, Santiago and Punta Cana.
Just recently American Airlines has announced that they will be increasing the number of flights between the United States and the Dominican Republic. American travellers planning Dominican Republic holidays will have more options to choose from after American Airlines announced that it will be offering 25 daily flights to major international airports on the Caribbean island.
The airline will operate three daily flights between Miami and Punta Cana International Airport, as well as an additional third flight to the San Juan International Airport on the neighbouring island of Puerto Rico.
La Romana will also see more services as American Airlines is set to increase the amount of flights between the San Juan and La Romana from two per week to two flights per day. The new services include two daily flights to and from Miami from Santiago Airport, and one daily flight to San Juan from Santiago.
American Eagle will also be increasing the number of flights taking travellers to their Dominican Republic holidays by offering four daily flights to San Juan and one flight to Haiti, departing from Santo Domingo. The news of the increased services means that tourists taking holidays to the Dominican Republic will have 3,000 seats daily on flights between the United States and the beautiful island nation.
The Dominican Republic is an island nation that occupies the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola. The country shares the island with Haiti and is considered to be one of the most popular holiday destinations in the Caribbean region.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, west of Puerto Rico, the island boasts breathtaking natural landscapes comprising mountains, lakes, winding rivers, white sand beaches and warm turquoise ocean waters.
Punta Cana is a popular coastal resort which offers plenty of luxury Dominican Republic hotels and resorts, world-class golf courses, shopping, and stunning palm-fringed beaches.
Situated on the eastern tip of the island, within the Bavaro area; Dominican Republic hotels in Punta Cana are some of the country’s most luxurious properties, ranging from luxury mega resorts to beachfront villas.
Tourists can enjoy a wide selection of exciting activities including scuba diving beneath the crystal clear ocean waters, windsurfing, sailing, surfing, snorkelling, kayaking and deep-sea fishing.
Santo Domingo is the capital city of the Dominican Republic and lies in the south of the island. The large and historic city is thriving with energy and features colonial architecture; beautiful parks; the Malecon Boulevard which is lined with nightclubs and casinos, restaurants and cafes; as well as several museums.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...