American Airlines to offer 3,000 additional seats to Dominican Republic flights
Travellers from the United States going on Dominican Republic holidays will be able to enjoy regular flights to the Caribbean island nation after American Airlines recently announced the increase of its daily flights to La Romana, Santiago and Punta Cana.
Just recently American Airlines has announced that they will be increasing the number of flights between the United States and the Dominican Republic. American travellers planning Dominican Republic holidays will have more options to choose from after American Airlines announced that it will be offering 25 daily flights to major international airports on the Caribbean island.
The airline will operate three daily flights between Miami and Punta Cana International Airport, as well as an additional third flight to the San Juan International Airport on the neighbouring island of Puerto Rico.
La Romana will also see more services as American Airlines is set to increase the amount of flights between the San Juan and La Romana from two per week to two flights per day. The new services include two daily flights to and from Miami from Santiago Airport, and one daily flight to San Juan from Santiago.
American Eagle will also be increasing the number of flights taking travellers to their Dominican Republic holidays by offering four daily flights to San Juan and one flight to Haiti, departing from Santo Domingo. The news of the increased services means that tourists taking holidays to the Dominican Republic will have 3,000 seats daily on flights between the United States and the beautiful island nation.
The Dominican Republic is an island nation that occupies the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola. The country shares the island with Haiti and is considered to be one of the most popular holiday destinations in the Caribbean region.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, west of Puerto Rico, the island boasts breathtaking natural landscapes comprising mountains, lakes, winding rivers, white sand beaches and warm turquoise ocean waters.
Punta Cana is a popular coastal resort which offers plenty of luxury Dominican Republic hotels and resorts, world-class golf courses, shopping, and stunning palm-fringed beaches.
Situated on the eastern tip of the island, within the Bavaro area; Dominican Republic hotels in Punta Cana are some of the country’s most luxurious properties, ranging from luxury mega resorts to beachfront villas.
Tourists can enjoy a wide selection of exciting activities including scuba diving beneath the crystal clear ocean waters, windsurfing, sailing, surfing, snorkelling, kayaking and deep-sea fishing.
Santo Domingo is the capital city of the Dominican Republic and lies in the south of the island. The large and historic city is thriving with energy and features colonial architecture; beautiful parks; the Malecon Boulevard which is lined with nightclubs and casinos, restaurants and cafes; as well as several museums.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...