American Airlines to offer 3,000 additional seats to Dominican Republic flights
Travellers from the United States going on Dominican Republic holidays will be able to enjoy regular flights to the Caribbean island nation after American Airlines recently announced the increase of its daily flights to La Romana, Santiago and Punta Cana.
Just recently American Airlines has announced that they will be increasing the number of flights between the United States and the Dominican Republic. American travellers planning Dominican Republic holidays will have more options to choose from after American Airlines announced that it will be offering 25 daily flights to major international airports on the Caribbean island.
The airline will operate three daily flights between Miami and Punta Cana International Airport, as well as an additional third flight to the San Juan International Airport on the neighbouring island of Puerto Rico.
La Romana will also see more services as American Airlines is set to increase the amount of flights between the San Juan and La Romana from two per week to two flights per day. The new services include two daily flights to and from Miami from Santiago Airport, and one daily flight to San Juan from Santiago.
American Eagle will also be increasing the number of flights taking travellers to their Dominican Republic holidays by offering four daily flights to San Juan and one flight to Haiti, departing from Santo Domingo. The news of the increased services means that tourists taking holidays to the Dominican Republic will have 3,000 seats daily on flights between the United States and the beautiful island nation.
The Dominican Republic is an island nation that occupies the eastern two thirds of the island of Hispaniola. The country shares the island with Haiti and is considered to be one of the most popular holiday destinations in the Caribbean region.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, west of Puerto Rico, the island boasts breathtaking natural landscapes comprising mountains, lakes, winding rivers, white sand beaches and warm turquoise ocean waters.
Punta Cana is a popular coastal resort which offers plenty of luxury Dominican Republic hotels and resorts, world-class golf courses, shopping, and stunning palm-fringed beaches.
Situated on the eastern tip of the island, within the Bavaro area; Dominican Republic hotels in Punta Cana are some of the country’s most luxurious properties, ranging from luxury mega resorts to beachfront villas.
Tourists can enjoy a wide selection of exciting activities including scuba diving beneath the crystal clear ocean waters, windsurfing, sailing, surfing, snorkelling, kayaking and deep-sea fishing.
Santo Domingo is the capital city of the Dominican Republic and lies in the south of the island. The large and historic city is thriving with energy and features colonial architecture; beautiful parks; the Malecon Boulevard which is lined with nightclubs and casinos, restaurants and cafes; as well as several museums.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...