Barbados to Welcome Visitors from China for Crop Over Festival
A group of visitors from Beijing will be taking Barbados holidays this month to participate in the Crop Over Festival. The leader of the group, Barbadian, Dionne Holder, hopes the trip will boost the number of visitors from China to the Caribbean island.
The Crop Over Festival in Barbados will be welcoming a group of travellers arriving to the Caribbean island from Beijing, just a few weeks after Prime Minister Freundel Stuart visited China to encourage tourists to take Barbados holidays.
The group of visitors will be arriving in Barbados to take part in the annual Crop Over Festival, which each year attracts thousands of tourists taking holidays in Barbados from all over the world.
Barbadian, Dionne Holder, will be leading the group of visitors, along with her husband, Dirk Ilmstadt. The group is made up of 16 members from Turkey, the Philippines, Mauritius, Holland, Germany, America and China, who live and work in Beijing.
Originating from Cliff Cottage, St. John, Hodder, explained that "the visit is designed to further promote Barbados as a tourist destination for Beijingers, other Chinese nationals and expatriates in China, who are interested in travelling to this country. It will also offer great exposure to a more diversified cross-section of visitors from Asia, and we want to use the Crop Over Festival to showcase this.”
Hodder facilitated the trip with the help of the Barbados Ambassador in Beijing, Sir Lloyd Sandiford, and the Barbados Embassy, with the Barbados holidays officially starting on 22nd July until August, 2011.
She explained: "During our stay, we intend to enjoy the best of what Barbados has to offer, including cross-country tours, catamaran trips around the island, dining in Oistins, visiting Harrisons Cave and jumping in a band on Kadooment Day, among other activities. It will be a trip of a lifetime for the group, which comprises mainly close friends and family members."
Barbados tourism officials have been working hard to promote holidays to Barbados to Chinese travellers and during the Prime Minister’s recent visit to the country, there was talk of a possible air service agreement in the near future. Each year, over 50 million Chinese residents take foreign holidays, and Barbados is keen to entice some of these tourists to the Caribbean island.
During holidays to the Caribbean nation, holidaymakers can relax amid unique white pink sandy beaches, calm turquoise waters, luxurious beachfront Barbados hotels and resorts, world-class golf course and wildlife reserves.
The Crop Over is a traditional harvest festival in Barbados that features nearly two months of celebrations including singing, dancing, craft markets, food tents, street parties, music, competitions and fireworks.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Beachfront Property a short walk from the popular St Lawrence Gap
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Stay at Sandals Barbados the first and only Luxury Included® Resort exclusively designed for couples and make the most of time away with that special someone.
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- A choice of 11 Five star Global Gourmet™ options including room service for Butler Serviced Suites and Club Sandals accommodations including the first Indian Restaurant featured in any Sandals hotel and complimentary transfers
- Located on the sunny southern coast of the beautifully vibrant island, set on the pristine sands of Dover Beach and set amongst acres of lush tropical gardens
- Choose from endless daytime activities such as Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...