Insight Cuba Offers Legal Cuba Holidays for all Americans
American travellers will finally be able to take Cuba holidays legally after the leading provider of people-to-people travel to Cuba, Insight Cuba, has been given permission by the OFAC to offer educational holidays to the Caribbean island.
The leading provider of people-to-people travel to Cuba, Insight Cuba, has been given permission to offer travel programmes for American travellers by the US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
This is the first time in 50 years that American travellers have been allowed to take Cuba holidays due to the ongoing U.S-Cuba travel embargo which prohibits visitors from the United States to travel to the Caribbean island.
Insight Cuba was one of the first companies to submit its application for a new licence when US President Obama announced earlier this year that travellers from the United States would be allowed to take holidays to Cuba for educational, cultural, academic and religious purposes.
Insight Cuba Director Tom Popper, said: "We've been preparing for this day for seven years. Now that we have the license in hand, anyone and everyone can reserve their spot on one of our carefully crafted travel programmes to Cuba throughout 2011 and 2012. We've created six exciting new experiences, which can be found on our website, providing unique access to people and places the average traveller rarely sees."
Insight Cuba has been offering Cuba holidays using a special licence since 2000, and up until 2004, when tighter US travel restrictions were enforced; the company had sent the most number of American travellers to Cuba since 1963.
Despite the ban on U.S tourists freely taking holidays in Cuba, the company continued to build and strengthen relationships with tour operators, hotels and tourism-related companies on the island, in hope that the restrictions would one day be lifted.
Fortunately for Insight Cuba, that day has now come and the organisation is busy preparing its hand-picked travel packages for new customers from the United States.
Travellers can enjoy an exclusive experience during their trips to the Caribbean island nation, with packages that include Cuban hosts and escorts, luxury all inclusive four or five-star Cuba hotels, domestic flights in Cuba, U.S. Treasury Department license and Letter of Authorisation, travel insurance and ground transport.
American visitors will be able to take holidays to Cuba from April 2012 and Insight Cuba has created six new itineraries with more than 100 departures throughout the year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...