Insight Cuba Offers Legal Cuba Holidays for all Americans
American travellers will finally be able to take Cuba holidays legally after the leading provider of people-to-people travel to Cuba, Insight Cuba, has been given permission by the OFAC to offer educational holidays to the Caribbean island.
The leading provider of people-to-people travel to Cuba, Insight Cuba, has been given permission to offer travel programmes for American travellers by the US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
This is the first time in 50 years that American travellers have been allowed to take Cuba holidays due to the ongoing U.S-Cuba travel embargo which prohibits visitors from the United States to travel to the Caribbean island.
Insight Cuba was one of the first companies to submit its application for a new licence when US President Obama announced earlier this year that travellers from the United States would be allowed to take holidays to Cuba for educational, cultural, academic and religious purposes.
Insight Cuba Director Tom Popper, said: "We've been preparing for this day for seven years. Now that we have the license in hand, anyone and everyone can reserve their spot on one of our carefully crafted travel programmes to Cuba throughout 2011 and 2012. We've created six exciting new experiences, which can be found on our website, providing unique access to people and places the average traveller rarely sees."
Insight Cuba has been offering Cuba holidays using a special licence since 2000, and up until 2004, when tighter US travel restrictions were enforced; the company had sent the most number of American travellers to Cuba since 1963.
Despite the ban on U.S tourists freely taking holidays in Cuba, the company continued to build and strengthen relationships with tour operators, hotels and tourism-related companies on the island, in hope that the restrictions would one day be lifted.
Fortunately for Insight Cuba, that day has now come and the organisation is busy preparing its hand-picked travel packages for new customers from the United States.
Travellers can enjoy an exclusive experience during their trips to the Caribbean island nation, with packages that include Cuban hosts and escorts, luxury all inclusive four or five-star Cuba hotels, domestic flights in Cuba, U.S. Treasury Department license and Letter of Authorisation, travel insurance and ground transport.
American visitors will be able to take holidays to Cuba from April 2012 and Insight Cuba has created six new itineraries with more than 100 departures throughout the year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...