Insight Cuba Offers Legal Cuba Holidays for all Americans
American travellers will finally be able to take Cuba holidays legally after the leading provider of people-to-people travel to Cuba, Insight Cuba, has been given permission by the OFAC to offer educational holidays to the Caribbean island.
The leading provider of people-to-people travel to Cuba, Insight Cuba, has been given permission to offer travel programmes for American travellers by the US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
This is the first time in 50 years that American travellers have been allowed to take Cuba holidays due to the ongoing U.S-Cuba travel embargo which prohibits visitors from the United States to travel to the Caribbean island.
Insight Cuba was one of the first companies to submit its application for a new licence when US President Obama announced earlier this year that travellers from the United States would be allowed to take holidays to Cuba for educational, cultural, academic and religious purposes.
Insight Cuba Director Tom Popper, said: "We've been preparing for this day for seven years. Now that we have the license in hand, anyone and everyone can reserve their spot on one of our carefully crafted travel programmes to Cuba throughout 2011 and 2012. We've created six exciting new experiences, which can be found on our website, providing unique access to people and places the average traveller rarely sees."
Insight Cuba has been offering Cuba holidays using a special licence since 2000, and up until 2004, when tighter US travel restrictions were enforced; the company had sent the most number of American travellers to Cuba since 1963.
Despite the ban on U.S tourists freely taking holidays in Cuba, the company continued to build and strengthen relationships with tour operators, hotels and tourism-related companies on the island, in hope that the restrictions would one day be lifted.
Fortunately for Insight Cuba, that day has now come and the organisation is busy preparing its hand-picked travel packages for new customers from the United States.
Travellers can enjoy an exclusive experience during their trips to the Caribbean island nation, with packages that include Cuban hosts and escorts, luxury all inclusive four or five-star Cuba hotels, domestic flights in Cuba, U.S. Treasury Department license and Letter of Authorisation, travel insurance and ground transport.
American visitors will be able to take holidays to Cuba from April 2012 and Insight Cuba has created six new itineraries with more than 100 departures throughout the year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...