St Lucia holidays strongly supported by American Airlines
A healthy, steady number of tourists continue to take St Lucia holidays and this has largely been the result of the ongoing support provided by American Airlines, which operates a range of flights to the island from all over North America.
According to St Lucia’s Minister of Tourism, Senator Allen Chastanet, the American Airlines (AA) carrier has been helping the St Lucia holiday industry and has given enormous support to the island’s booming economy.
The government minister highlighted the strong relationship between the North American carrier and the ongoing success of St Lucia holidays in the market of U.S. holidaymakers. Chastanet reported very solid relations between the island and American Airlines after a visit to the airline’s division headquarters in Greater Miami.
The St Lucian minister’s delegation which flew to Miami with him in order to attend said meeting included Minister of Communications, Works, Transport and Public Utilities, Guy Joseph, Director of Tourism Louis Lewis and Karolin Troubetzkoy, the new President of the Saint Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association.
The team met in order to discuss the future success of St Lucia holidays with the continued support of the American airline. Once in Miami they discussed the future of their relationship with Peter Dolara, American Airlines’ Senior Vice President for Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin American.
"We could not have asked for a better partner than American Airlines who have stood by Saint Lucia through thick and thin," said Senator Chastanet.
"With airlines cutting back services in today's recessionary environment, American's commitment to serve Saint Lucia via daily nonstop flights from Miami and twice daily flights from San Juan helps to keep our economy ticking," the minister added.
During the meeting they reviewed AA’s current services and operations worldwide and Senatator Chastanet and his team gave Dolara destination updates on the St Lucia holidays market.
Speaking on behalf of the St Lucian team, Director of Tourism, Louis Lewis revealed that the meeting with Dolara, one of the industry's most respected leaders, was an eye-opener and an opportunity to engage the AA executive team about the intricacies of the airline sector.
"We were also pleased as a delegation to introduce our newest leader of the hotel sector, Karolin Troubetzkoy, to the team at American AIrlines" Lewis announced.
Lewis went on to add that in today's challenging aviation environment, with rising costs of fuel and operations, it was important for St Lucia to continue solidifying its relationships with all of its partners in order to maintain high the influx of travellers choosing holidays in St Lucia.
Dolara, a native of Uruguay, is responsible for all aspects of American's operations in the Caribbean and Latin America, including airport operations, sales activities, customer service, cargo sales and services and scheduling activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
With 30 cottage style suites, lush tropical garden, and a secluded sandy beach, the hotel is sure to make your tropical getaway truly unforgettable.
- Visit the hotel's Open Air Spa Pavilion to enjoy a variety of beauty treatments and relaxing massages as well as the soothing sounds of the garden and the cooling tropical breeze.
- Have some fun in the sun and on the water with a variety of watersports available, including hobie cat sailing, kayaking, snorkelling, and more.
- Enjoy a variety of Exclusive Experiences offered by the hotel, including daily Yoga and Pilates classes, hiking tours, and an open air fitness area.
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...