St Lucia holidays strongly supported by American Airlines
A healthy, steady number of tourists continue to take St Lucia holidays and this has largely been the result of the ongoing support provided by American Airlines, which operates a range of flights to the island from all over North America.
According to St Lucia’s Minister of Tourism, Senator Allen Chastanet, the American Airlines (AA) carrier has been helping the St Lucia holiday industry and has given enormous support to the island’s booming economy.
The government minister highlighted the strong relationship between the North American carrier and the ongoing success of St Lucia holidays in the market of U.S. holidaymakers. Chastanet reported very solid relations between the island and American Airlines after a visit to the airline’s division headquarters in Greater Miami.
The St Lucian minister’s delegation which flew to Miami with him in order to attend said meeting included Minister of Communications, Works, Transport and Public Utilities, Guy Joseph, Director of Tourism Louis Lewis and Karolin Troubetzkoy, the new President of the Saint Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association.
The team met in order to discuss the future success of St Lucia holidays with the continued support of the American airline. Once in Miami they discussed the future of their relationship with Peter Dolara, American Airlines’ Senior Vice President for Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin American.
"We could not have asked for a better partner than American Airlines who have stood by Saint Lucia through thick and thin," said Senator Chastanet.
"With airlines cutting back services in today's recessionary environment, American's commitment to serve Saint Lucia via daily nonstop flights from Miami and twice daily flights from San Juan helps to keep our economy ticking," the minister added.
During the meeting they reviewed AA’s current services and operations worldwide and Senatator Chastanet and his team gave Dolara destination updates on the St Lucia holidays market.
Speaking on behalf of the St Lucian team, Director of Tourism, Louis Lewis revealed that the meeting with Dolara, one of the industry's most respected leaders, was an eye-opener and an opportunity to engage the AA executive team about the intricacies of the airline sector.
"We were also pleased as a delegation to introduce our newest leader of the hotel sector, Karolin Troubetzkoy, to the team at American AIrlines" Lewis announced.
Lewis went on to add that in today's challenging aviation environment, with rising costs of fuel and operations, it was important for St Lucia to continue solidifying its relationships with all of its partners in order to maintain high the influx of travellers choosing holidays in St Lucia.
Dolara, a native of Uruguay, is responsible for all aspects of American's operations in the Caribbean and Latin America, including airport operations, sales activities, customer service, cargo sales and services and scheduling activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- New Sale with incredible savings of upto 30% in all room types
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Two Kids (4-12 years) stay and eat free
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Six complimentary 1 hour passes per booking to the Splash Island Water park and access to all facilities
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its breathtaking views and its golden sand
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Discounted Special offer on All Inclusive which includes six complimentary passes to Splash Island Water Park and access to the dine around program
- Thursday Night is Cocktail time, with the Manager's cocktail pary with complimentary rum punch. The hotel offers more weekly entertainment for you to enjoy
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Summer Sale now extended with discounted savings for stays unitl 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
- Book one of the honeymoon and wedding packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...