St Lucia holidays strongly supported by American Airlines
A healthy, steady number of tourists continue to take St Lucia holidays and this has largely been the result of the ongoing support provided by American Airlines, which operates a range of flights to the island from all over North America.
According to St Lucia’s Minister of Tourism, Senator Allen Chastanet, the American Airlines (AA) carrier has been helping the St Lucia holiday industry and has given enormous support to the island’s booming economy.
The government minister highlighted the strong relationship between the North American carrier and the ongoing success of St Lucia holidays in the market of U.S. holidaymakers. Chastanet reported very solid relations between the island and American Airlines after a visit to the airline’s division headquarters in Greater Miami.
The St Lucian minister’s delegation which flew to Miami with him in order to attend said meeting included Minister of Communications, Works, Transport and Public Utilities, Guy Joseph, Director of Tourism Louis Lewis and Karolin Troubetzkoy, the new President of the Saint Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association.
The team met in order to discuss the future success of St Lucia holidays with the continued support of the American airline. Once in Miami they discussed the future of their relationship with Peter Dolara, American Airlines’ Senior Vice President for Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin American.
"We could not have asked for a better partner than American Airlines who have stood by Saint Lucia through thick and thin," said Senator Chastanet.
"With airlines cutting back services in today's recessionary environment, American's commitment to serve Saint Lucia via daily nonstop flights from Miami and twice daily flights from San Juan helps to keep our economy ticking," the minister added.
During the meeting they reviewed AA’s current services and operations worldwide and Senatator Chastanet and his team gave Dolara destination updates on the St Lucia holidays market.
Speaking on behalf of the St Lucian team, Director of Tourism, Louis Lewis revealed that the meeting with Dolara, one of the industry's most respected leaders, was an eye-opener and an opportunity to engage the AA executive team about the intricacies of the airline sector.
"We were also pleased as a delegation to introduce our newest leader of the hotel sector, Karolin Troubetzkoy, to the team at American AIrlines" Lewis announced.
Lewis went on to add that in today's challenging aviation environment, with rising costs of fuel and operations, it was important for St Lucia to continue solidifying its relationships with all of its partners in order to maintain high the influx of travellers choosing holidays in St Lucia.
Dolara, a native of Uruguay, is responsible for all aspects of American's operations in the Caribbean and Latin America, including airport operations, sales activities, customer service, cargo sales and services and scheduling activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation, a FREE Piton Sunset Cruise, plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals 2 FOR 1 SALE’
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Burrowed upon Rodney Bay, The All-inclusive Rex Papillion Hotel offers direct access to the pristine white sands of...