St Lucia holidays strongly supported by American Airlines
A healthy, steady number of tourists continue to take St Lucia holidays and this has largely been the result of the ongoing support provided by American Airlines, which operates a range of flights to the island from all over North America.
According to St Lucia’s Minister of Tourism, Senator Allen Chastanet, the American Airlines (AA) carrier has been helping the St Lucia holiday industry and has given enormous support to the island’s booming economy.
The government minister highlighted the strong relationship between the North American carrier and the ongoing success of St Lucia holidays in the market of U.S. holidaymakers. Chastanet reported very solid relations between the island and American Airlines after a visit to the airline’s division headquarters in Greater Miami.
The St Lucian minister’s delegation which flew to Miami with him in order to attend said meeting included Minister of Communications, Works, Transport and Public Utilities, Guy Joseph, Director of Tourism Louis Lewis and Karolin Troubetzkoy, the new President of the Saint Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association.
The team met in order to discuss the future success of St Lucia holidays with the continued support of the American airline. Once in Miami they discussed the future of their relationship with Peter Dolara, American Airlines’ Senior Vice President for Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin American.
"We could not have asked for a better partner than American Airlines who have stood by Saint Lucia through thick and thin," said Senator Chastanet.
"With airlines cutting back services in today's recessionary environment, American's commitment to serve Saint Lucia via daily nonstop flights from Miami and twice daily flights from San Juan helps to keep our economy ticking," the minister added.
During the meeting they reviewed AA’s current services and operations worldwide and Senatator Chastanet and his team gave Dolara destination updates on the St Lucia holidays market.
Speaking on behalf of the St Lucian team, Director of Tourism, Louis Lewis revealed that the meeting with Dolara, one of the industry's most respected leaders, was an eye-opener and an opportunity to engage the AA executive team about the intricacies of the airline sector.
"We were also pleased as a delegation to introduce our newest leader of the hotel sector, Karolin Troubetzkoy, to the team at American AIrlines" Lewis announced.
Lewis went on to add that in today's challenging aviation environment, with rising costs of fuel and operations, it was important for St Lucia to continue solidifying its relationships with all of its partners in order to maintain high the influx of travellers choosing holidays in St Lucia.
Dolara, a native of Uruguay, is responsible for all aspects of American's operations in the Caribbean and Latin America, including airport operations, sales activities, customer service, cargo sales and services and scheduling activities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- New Sale with incredible savings of upto 30% in all room types plus an exclusive upgrade to the next room
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- Early Booking discount now extended
- All Inclusive Beachfront Resort with 6 restaurants, 6 bars and a cafe
- Overlooking Choc Bay and perfect for families where Kids stay and eat free, have access to a Kids pool and kids club
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...