Indian Travellers Overtake Britons as Top Tourism Market in Dubai
The number of Indian travellers taking Dubai holidays has overtaken the number of tourists from the United Kingdom, according to the Dubai Department of Tourism, with visitor arrivals from India increasing by ten per cent during the first quarter of 2011.
According to statistics from the Dubai Department of Tourism, the number of travellers from India taking Dubai holidays has overtaken the amount of tourists from the United Kingdom who visit the emirate.
During the first three months of 2011, figures for Indian visitors taking holidays to Dubai increased by ten per cent.
These figures are welcomed by the United Arab Emirate which is seeing significant growth in the tourism industry and was recently voted the “Middle East’s Leading Destination” at the World Travel Awards 2011 Middle East Ceremony.
The first quarter of this year saw 186,478 Indian tourists take luxury holidays in Dubai hotels, compared to 169,084 visitors during the same period in 2010.
The rise in visitor arrivals from India is thought to have been helped by an increase in income. The UN World Tourism Organisation is expecting the number of Indian residents that take holidays abroad to increase to 50 million annually by 2020.
Statistics for travellers from the United Kingdom taking Dubai holidays has stayed at the same level due to ongoing economic problems, and as a result Dubai tourism authorities have resorted to looking towards new emerging markets such as Brazil, Russia and China.
Emirates Airlines will be launching flights to Dubai from St Petersburg in November this year, due to the rising number of Russian tourists visiting Dubai’s beachfront hotels during the winter months.
The airline has also launched new flights to Buenos Aires in Argentina and Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, following the success of Emirates’ recent service from Sao Paulo to Dubai.
Dubai is also seeing an increase in Chinese visitors as they arrive to stay at luxury hotels such as the Armani Hotel, first hotel designed by Giorgio Armani; which is located in the world’s tallest building at the Burj Khalifa tower.
Dubai is one of the seven United Arab Emirates and a popular destination for luxury holidays and business travel. Popular attractions include the Dubai Mall, one of the largest shopping centres in the world; the Jumeirah Mosque; the iconic Burj Khalifa building; the Dubai Fountain; Palm Islands; the Wild Wadi Park; and the Dubai Marina which is home to some of the world’s most impressive vessels and super-sized yachts, as well as an array of fine gourmet restaurants, deluxe hotels and shops.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal combination of the sand and sea of the tropical Mauritius and sights of trendy Dubai
- The central location provides fantastic connectivity to all of Dubai and is within walking distance to the famous Mall of the Emirates.
- Weekly activity programme includes: outdoor cinema, face painting, treasure hunt, cooking classes and much more
- All-inclusive 'Culinary Voyage' allows you to choose from 4 restaurants for lunch and 7 for dinner as well as 5 bars, including a night club and a sport bar
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...