Egypt to launch Tourism Workshop and Exhibition in Thailand
After a turbulent first quarter of 2011, Egyptian tourist officials are keen to spread the word that the country has regained stability by launching a series of marketing campaigns across South East Asia to encourage travellers to book Egypt holidays.
Egyptian officials are working hard to showcase Egypt holidays across the world after a turbulent first half of the year. Tourism officials are spreading the world in South East Asia that the historic country is bouncing back despite the political unrest earlier in the year, and is currently back to offering luxury and high quality holidays in Egypt.
The “Lets Visit Egypt” marketing workshop and exhibition is currently underway in Bangkok, Thailand, with the participation of the Egypt Tourism Office in India, Egypt Air and the Egyptian Embassy in Thailand.
The themed workshop has been designed to entice travellers to take Egypt holidays, highlighting the country’s attractions, facilities, Egypt Air’s packages, and Egypt hotels.
Last year, approximately 14.7 million tourists took holidays to Egypt and after the riots which took place in January this year; the country has been working hard to restore the travel and tourism industry.
Egypt is receiving support from many nations who have lifted their travel advisories against Egypt, plus help from Embassies of Arab Republic of Egypt located in several countries, Egypt Air and the Egyptian Tourism Office.
The Ambassador of the Embassy of Arab Republic of Egypt in Thailand, Shamel Nasser, stated: “Egypt has its 12% GDP from tourism. Hence, it is important that we do everything possible to attract tourists to our country once again as the political unrest had really impacted the tourist traffic to the country.
“We have jointly organized this event with Egypt Air and I hope too see a new Egypt soon in the coming months with the tourism getting back to its stable mode. This event is an initiative taken by us to promote Egypt as a destination and Egypt Air as a national carrier having strong network that covers the whole world.”
Adel El Masry, the Director Egypt Tourism Office, commented: “We feel honoured to participate in this event to promote Egyptian Tourism which is continuously gaining confidence from its tourists about their safety and wellbeing in the country post political democratic movement."
“Tourists have started coming to Egypt as they are confident that they will not have any problems pertaining to their security and safety Egypt’s revolutionary spirit will be translated into clear strategies and action plans to restore Egypt’s tourism market share. The tourism authority is work toward its goal in cooperation with tour operators”
He added: “The Egyptian Tourism Office will be participating in ‘IT & CMA Exhibitions’ in Bangkok during this year from 4th to 6th October.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...