Egypt to launch Tourism Workshop and Exhibition in Thailand
After a turbulent first quarter of 2011, Egyptian tourist officials are keen to spread the word that the country has regained stability by launching a series of marketing campaigns across South East Asia to encourage travellers to book Egypt holidays.
Egyptian officials are working hard to showcase Egypt holidays across the world after a turbulent first half of the year. Tourism officials are spreading the world in South East Asia that the historic country is bouncing back despite the political unrest earlier in the year, and is currently back to offering luxury and high quality holidays in Egypt.
The “Lets Visit Egypt” marketing workshop and exhibition is currently underway in Bangkok, Thailand, with the participation of the Egypt Tourism Office in India, Egypt Air and the Egyptian Embassy in Thailand.
The themed workshop has been designed to entice travellers to take Egypt holidays, highlighting the country’s attractions, facilities, Egypt Air’s packages, and Egypt hotels.
Last year, approximately 14.7 million tourists took holidays to Egypt and after the riots which took place in January this year; the country has been working hard to restore the travel and tourism industry.
Egypt is receiving support from many nations who have lifted their travel advisories against Egypt, plus help from Embassies of Arab Republic of Egypt located in several countries, Egypt Air and the Egyptian Tourism Office.
The Ambassador of the Embassy of Arab Republic of Egypt in Thailand, Shamel Nasser, stated: “Egypt has its 12% GDP from tourism. Hence, it is important that we do everything possible to attract tourists to our country once again as the political unrest had really impacted the tourist traffic to the country.
“We have jointly organized this event with Egypt Air and I hope too see a new Egypt soon in the coming months with the tourism getting back to its stable mode. This event is an initiative taken by us to promote Egypt as a destination and Egypt Air as a national carrier having strong network that covers the whole world.”
Adel El Masry, the Director Egypt Tourism Office, commented: “We feel honoured to participate in this event to promote Egyptian Tourism which is continuously gaining confidence from its tourists about their safety and wellbeing in the country post political democratic movement."
“Tourists have started coming to Egypt as they are confident that they will not have any problems pertaining to their security and safety Egypt’s revolutionary spirit will be translated into clear strategies and action plans to restore Egypt’s tourism market share. The tourism authority is work toward its goal in cooperation with tour operators”
He added: “The Egyptian Tourism Office will be participating in ‘IT & CMA Exhibitions’ in Bangkok during this year from 4th to 6th October.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
Sail the mighty River Nile, see the world's largest open air museum in Luxor and Discover the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, the treasures of bygone days
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck of the Swiss Inn Radamis II
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Mercure Le Sphinx
- Discover the World's largest open air museum in Luxor whilst staying at the Karnak Temple
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Spoil yourself with an amazing historic holiday in the region of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Since 1869, the Mena House...