Egypt to launch Tourism Workshop and Exhibition in Thailand
After a turbulent first quarter of 2011, Egyptian tourist officials are keen to spread the word that the country has regained stability by launching a series of marketing campaigns across South East Asia to encourage travellers to book Egypt holidays.
Egyptian officials are working hard to showcase Egypt holidays across the world after a turbulent first half of the year. Tourism officials are spreading the world in South East Asia that the historic country is bouncing back despite the political unrest earlier in the year, and is currently back to offering luxury and high quality holidays in Egypt.
The “Lets Visit Egypt” marketing workshop and exhibition is currently underway in Bangkok, Thailand, with the participation of the Egypt Tourism Office in India, Egypt Air and the Egyptian Embassy in Thailand.
The themed workshop has been designed to entice travellers to take Egypt holidays, highlighting the country’s attractions, facilities, Egypt Air’s packages, and Egypt hotels.
Last year, approximately 14.7 million tourists took holidays to Egypt and after the riots which took place in January this year; the country has been working hard to restore the travel and tourism industry.
Egypt is receiving support from many nations who have lifted their travel advisories against Egypt, plus help from Embassies of Arab Republic of Egypt located in several countries, Egypt Air and the Egyptian Tourism Office.
The Ambassador of the Embassy of Arab Republic of Egypt in Thailand, Shamel Nasser, stated: “Egypt has its 12% GDP from tourism. Hence, it is important that we do everything possible to attract tourists to our country once again as the political unrest had really impacted the tourist traffic to the country.
“We have jointly organized this event with Egypt Air and I hope too see a new Egypt soon in the coming months with the tourism getting back to its stable mode. This event is an initiative taken by us to promote Egypt as a destination and Egypt Air as a national carrier having strong network that covers the whole world.”
Adel El Masry, the Director Egypt Tourism Office, commented: “We feel honoured to participate in this event to promote Egyptian Tourism which is continuously gaining confidence from its tourists about their safety and wellbeing in the country post political democratic movement."
“Tourists have started coming to Egypt as they are confident that they will not have any problems pertaining to their security and safety Egypt’s revolutionary spirit will be translated into clear strategies and action plans to restore Egypt’s tourism market share. The tourism authority is work toward its goal in cooperation with tour operators”
He added: “The Egyptian Tourism Office will be participating in ‘IT & CMA Exhibitions’ in Bangkok during this year from 4th to 6th October.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports on offer
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £249pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Discover Egypt's beautiful capital as you take a 15-day holiday at the amazing Sofitel El Gezirah hotel. Set on a small...
M/S Royal Viking Itinerary (7 nights) Day One (Monday) Meet & assist al Luxor airport by our local representative....
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...