Egypt to launch Tourism Workshop and Exhibition in Thailand
After a turbulent first quarter of 2011, Egyptian tourist officials are keen to spread the word that the country has regained stability by launching a series of marketing campaigns across South East Asia to encourage travellers to book Egypt holidays.
Egyptian officials are working hard to showcase Egypt holidays across the world after a turbulent first half of the year. Tourism officials are spreading the world in South East Asia that the historic country is bouncing back despite the political unrest earlier in the year, and is currently back to offering luxury and high quality holidays in Egypt.
The “Lets Visit Egypt” marketing workshop and exhibition is currently underway in Bangkok, Thailand, with the participation of the Egypt Tourism Office in India, Egypt Air and the Egyptian Embassy in Thailand.
The themed workshop has been designed to entice travellers to take Egypt holidays, highlighting the country’s attractions, facilities, Egypt Air’s packages, and Egypt hotels.
Last year, approximately 14.7 million tourists took holidays to Egypt and after the riots which took place in January this year; the country has been working hard to restore the travel and tourism industry.
Egypt is receiving support from many nations who have lifted their travel advisories against Egypt, plus help from Embassies of Arab Republic of Egypt located in several countries, Egypt Air and the Egyptian Tourism Office.
The Ambassador of the Embassy of Arab Republic of Egypt in Thailand, Shamel Nasser, stated: “Egypt has its 12% GDP from tourism. Hence, it is important that we do everything possible to attract tourists to our country once again as the political unrest had really impacted the tourist traffic to the country.
“We have jointly organized this event with Egypt Air and I hope too see a new Egypt soon in the coming months with the tourism getting back to its stable mode. This event is an initiative taken by us to promote Egypt as a destination and Egypt Air as a national carrier having strong network that covers the whole world.”
Adel El Masry, the Director Egypt Tourism Office, commented: “We feel honoured to participate in this event to promote Egyptian Tourism which is continuously gaining confidence from its tourists about their safety and wellbeing in the country post political democratic movement."
“Tourists have started coming to Egypt as they are confident that they will not have any problems pertaining to their security and safety Egypt’s revolutionary spirit will be translated into clear strategies and action plans to restore Egypt’s tourism market share. The tourism authority is work toward its goal in cooperation with tour operators”
He added: “The Egyptian Tourism Office will be participating in ‘IT & CMA Exhibitions’ in Bangkok during this year from 4th to 6th October.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Take in magnificent views of the Nile, visit the Karnak Temple and explore the town of Luxor whilst staying in comfort.
- Wide choice of restaurants will please everyone: enjoy the sunset at Sundowner Terrace located direct to the Nile
- A beautiful setting on the banks of the Nile, just 3km from Karnak Temple, and 18km from the airport
- Wonderful for sports enthusiasts, who can combine the wonder of Luxor with an opportunity to play many different sports
Located in the heart of Luxor's tourist district, there is plenty to see and do.
- Luxor Temple, Luxor Museum, Karnak Temple and the Valley of the Kings are easily accessible from the hotel
- A wonderful outdoor pool, where guests can cool off, relax and enjoy the spectacular views of the magnificent Nile. A health club with massage, sauna and fitness room
- A magnificent position right on the banks of the River Nile
Cruise on the world's longest river with 7000 years of history while enjoying 21st century comfort on the cruise liner featuring superb amenities.
- Enjoy nightly entertainment at the Lounge with its resident DJ, drinks and dancing.
- The Cruise allows you to discover the stunning sights and attractions of the River Nile in comfort.
- The hotel ship offers a comprehensive program of sightseeing which is accompanied by an expert guide.
Relax and benefit from the fabulous architecture of The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers
- Enjoy luxury accommodations with spectacular views of Red Sea
- Spoil your mind, body and soul with the Oberoi Spa treatments
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Surprise yourself with a holiday on the shores of the Red Sea at Hurghada, one of Egypt's most sought-sfter resort...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Spoil yourself with an amazing historic holiday in the region of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Since 1869, the Mena House...
Rising above the city, overlooking the mighty River Nile is one of Cairo's classiest hotels. The five-star Ramses Hilton...