Oman Air receives award for Best Business Class Seat
The national air carrier of the Sultanate of Oman has recently received the coveted award of Best Business Class Seat after undergoing thorough renovations across their fleet. Offering state-of-the-art facilites, Oman Air highly deserved this recognition.
At the World Airline Awards held last Monday 22nd June, Oman Air received praised as the winner of the Best Business Class Seat Award. Having earned a prestigious reputation as Oman’s national air carrier, Oman Air was presented with the award during the ceremony, which was attended by over 50 airlines during the Paris Air Show.
Excelling at providing top notch service to passengers en-route to Oman holidays, Oman Air’s Chief Executive Officer, Peter Hill, said: “We are delighted that Oman Air has been named as winner in the Best Business Class Seat category of the World Airline Awards, which are the most prestigious accolades available within the global airline industry.
“Our Business Class seat is regularly mistaken for First Class. It offers unparalleled levels of space, comfort and amenity and has proved extremely popular with our customers.
”Competition at the World Airline Awards for the title of ‘Best Business Class Seat’ is fierce and it is enormously satisfying to know that air travellers regard our seat as the best in the world.”
The World Airline Awards, which are based on the views of nearly 20 million air passengers, were surveyed by Skytrax over the last year, are also known as the Passenger Choice Awards and set the benchmark for excellence within the airline industry. The surveys that serve to set the industry standards each year are carried out over 10 months by renowned independent airline experts Skytrax. In the surveys the views of 18.8 million air travellers are reflected. Participant travellers from over 100 different countries are surveyed and responses cover over 200 airlines of all sizes. Standards across nearly 40 different items of airline front-line product and service are measured and analysed, from check-in to boarding, onboard seat comfort and cabin cleanliness to food and beverages, and from IFE to staff service.
Oman Air’s award-winning Business Class seat offers comfort and luxury within an 82-inch pitch, direct aisle access for every passenger and converts to a 77-inch long fully lie-flat bed. A 17-inch inflight entertainment screen gives access to a huge range of movies, music and games, whilst a universal power point, USB port and iPod sockets enable passengers to personalise their entertainment options by plugging in their laptops, smartphones, tablet PCs or games consoles. Retractable privacy screens, buddy seats and ample storage add to the experience, putting the passenger fully in control of their personal space.
Oman Air’s recent success at the World Airline Awards follows a period of fast change and rapid growth for the airline, during which it has emerged as a niche luxury carrier operating in the Middle East, taking millions of passengers to luxury holidays in Oman.
After having recently introduced a fleet of new Airbus A330 aircraft with outstanding interiors, as well as state-of-the-art Embraer 175 short haul jets, Oman Air has expanded its network to include more than 40 exciting destinations. In addition to offering audio and video on demand and live satellite TV onboard its A330s, Oman Air pioneered inflight mobile phone and Wi-Fi connectivity and has received acclaim for its inflight dining, refreshments and amenity kits.
Stepping up their offerings for luxury journeys to Oman holidays, the airline had also recently unveiled ultra-luxurious First Class and Business Class lounges at Muscat International Airport (MCT), the airline has just launched a new First Class lounge-to-aircraft limousine service, with a chauffeur-driven fleet of Audi A8s.
“Oman Air offers unbeatable luxury, hospitality and value for all our customers. We are continuously seeking new ways to surprise and delight passengers and we look forward to announcing fantastic new products and services which will offer even greater ‘passenger choice’.” Peter Hill added on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...