Jumeirah hotels release rehabilitated turtles on World Sea Turtle Day
Hotel guests enjoying Dubai holidays at Burj Al Arab and Madinat Jumeirah helped release 101 endangered hawksbill turtles back into the sea on World Sea Turtle Day. The turtles were released to their natural habitat following months of rehabilitation.
Tourists taking Dubai holidays have been doing their bit for the environment by helping the Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project to successfully release 101 turtles back into the sea.
The Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project released the endangered hawksbill turtles back into their native waters following months of rehabilitation at Dubai hotels, Burj Al Arab and Madinat Jumeirah.
The turtles were helped along on their journey with the aid of 101 children including pupils from a local school, competition winners, and tourists who were taking Dubai holidays at either of these luxury hotels.
The Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project is based at the Burj Al Arab and Madinat Jumeirah resort and has been running since 2004 with the help of Dubai’s Wildlife Protection Office.
The event took place on the beach of Madinat Jumeirah on 16th June to celebrate World Sea Turtle Day, and was attended by large crowds of local residents and holidaymakers who took the time to help out during their luxury holidays there. Younger visitors took part in children’s’ activities and were treated to a taste of Jumeirah hospitality while the Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project highlighted marine conservation, the importance of rehabilitating the beautiful sea creatures, and the risks that turtles faced to avoid extinction.
Over the last three decades, there has been an 87 per cent decline in the population of hawksbill turtles and the Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project has been working hard to protect these species.
The rehabilitation project is a joint mission between the Wildlife Protection Office and Jumeirah’s Aquarium team. Since it started in 2004, the project has rescued and released over 500 turtles that have washed up on the beaches of Dubai, with the help of veterinary support from the Dubai Falcon Clinic and the Central Veterinary Research Laboratory.
The Madinat Jumeirah is one of the most luxurious resorts for impeccable Dubai holidays featuring two lavish boutique hotels, the Talise Spa and Wellness Services, Dubai’s leading conference and banqueting centre, the Quay Health Club, an array of recreational facilities, and a traditional souk.
Burj Al Arab is Dubai’s famous seven-star hotel, located on an artificial island 280 metres from Jumeirah beach. The hotel’s iconic structure resembles the sail of an Arabian dhow and soars 321 metres into the sky.
The Jumeirah-managed hotel comprises 28 double-storey floors with 202 guest suites; gourmet restaurants including Al Mahara which features a seawater aquarium, Al Iwan, Al Muntaha, Bab Al Yam, and Junsui; and the lavish Assawan Spa and Health Club.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...