Jumeirah hotels release rehabilitated turtles on World Sea Turtle Day
Hotel guests enjoying Dubai holidays at Burj Al Arab and Madinat Jumeirah helped release 101 endangered hawksbill turtles back into the sea on World Sea Turtle Day. The turtles were released to their natural habitat following months of rehabilitation.
Tourists taking Dubai holidays have been doing their bit for the environment by helping the Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project to successfully release 101 turtles back into the sea.
The Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project released the endangered hawksbill turtles back into their native waters following months of rehabilitation at Dubai hotels, Burj Al Arab and Madinat Jumeirah.
The turtles were helped along on their journey with the aid of 101 children including pupils from a local school, competition winners, and tourists who were taking Dubai holidays at either of these luxury hotels.
The Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project is based at the Burj Al Arab and Madinat Jumeirah resort and has been running since 2004 with the help of Dubai’s Wildlife Protection Office.
The event took place on the beach of Madinat Jumeirah on 16th June to celebrate World Sea Turtle Day, and was attended by large crowds of local residents and holidaymakers who took the time to help out during their luxury holidays there. Younger visitors took part in children’s’ activities and were treated to a taste of Jumeirah hospitality while the Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project highlighted marine conservation, the importance of rehabilitating the beautiful sea creatures, and the risks that turtles faced to avoid extinction.
Over the last three decades, there has been an 87 per cent decline in the population of hawksbill turtles and the Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project has been working hard to protect these species.
The rehabilitation project is a joint mission between the Wildlife Protection Office and Jumeirah’s Aquarium team. Since it started in 2004, the project has rescued and released over 500 turtles that have washed up on the beaches of Dubai, with the help of veterinary support from the Dubai Falcon Clinic and the Central Veterinary Research Laboratory.
The Madinat Jumeirah is one of the most luxurious resorts for impeccable Dubai holidays featuring two lavish boutique hotels, the Talise Spa and Wellness Services, Dubai’s leading conference and banqueting centre, the Quay Health Club, an array of recreational facilities, and a traditional souk.
Burj Al Arab is Dubai’s famous seven-star hotel, located on an artificial island 280 metres from Jumeirah beach. The hotel’s iconic structure resembles the sail of an Arabian dhow and soars 321 metres into the sky.
The Jumeirah-managed hotel comprises 28 double-storey floors with 202 guest suites; gourmet restaurants including Al Mahara which features a seawater aquarium, Al Iwan, Al Muntaha, Bab Al Yam, and Junsui; and the lavish Assawan Spa and Health Club.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Get a true taste of the rich Indonesian culture with a stay across the stunning islands of Bali and Gili Trawangan....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...