Cuba Tourism Board Caravans through Mexican cities
The "Authentic Cuba" Cuba campaign has been caravanning through major Mexican cities with the aim of enticing more Mexican tourists to take Cuba holidays. For this purpose, representatives from Cuba's MINTUR have been showcasing the best of the island.
Promoting the many offerings the island has to offer Mexican holidaymakers, representatives from Cuba’s Tourism Board have been touring around Mexican cities in order to showcase the best of the island.
The caravan under the slogan "Authentic Cuba" began its journey through the Mexican cities of Monterrey, Guadalajara, Leon, Toluca and Mexico City as part of a promotional tour organised by the Ministry of Tourism of Cuba (MINTUR).
With the main aim of attracting more Mexican tourists to Cuba holidays, this new promotional campaign will highlight the best of the island to potential holidaymakers from Mexico.
Alicia Perez, director of Cuba’s MINTUR office in Mexico, told reporters that at the close of last year a total of 66,700 Mexicans visited the Caribbean island. Now the main tourism authorities from both countries are working hard to achieve the new desired goal of 100,000 tourists in 2012.
To fulfil this there are a lots of incentives planned. In order to achieve this new target that is almost the double of last year’s, there’s a wide range of promotional activities that the Caravan has organises and which will be staged at every Mexican city the tourism board stops at.
This caravan tour is the result of an exchange between various tour operators and Mexican airlines to promote Cuba holidays as a top destination in the Caribbean as well as showcasing its offers for the summer and winter seasons.
Perez also revealed that several tourism and travel events have been planned for the month of November this year which are all due to take place in Mexico and Cuba will also be participating. One of the places where Cuba will have a strong presence, for example, is in the International Cultural Tourism Fair in the city Morelia, a town in the Mexican province of Michoacan.
Alicia Perez also went on to reveal that 2011 is set to be a very good year for Cuba holidays and added that because in Mexico there are many possibilities and potential, this Latin American country will continue to send an increasing number of Mexican tourists to the island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view - limited availability
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...