Cuba Tourism Board Caravans through Mexican cities
The "Authentic Cuba" Cuba campaign has been caravanning through major Mexican cities with the aim of enticing more Mexican tourists to take Cuba holidays. For this purpose, representatives from Cuba's MINTUR have been showcasing the best of the island.
Promoting the many offerings the island has to offer Mexican holidaymakers, representatives from Cuba’s Tourism Board have been touring around Mexican cities in order to showcase the best of the island.
The caravan under the slogan "Authentic Cuba" began its journey through the Mexican cities of Monterrey, Guadalajara, Leon, Toluca and Mexico City as part of a promotional tour organised by the Ministry of Tourism of Cuba (MINTUR).
With the main aim of attracting more Mexican tourists to Cuba holidays, this new promotional campaign will highlight the best of the island to potential holidaymakers from Mexico.
Alicia Perez, director of Cuba’s MINTUR office in Mexico, told reporters that at the close of last year a total of 66,700 Mexicans visited the Caribbean island. Now the main tourism authorities from both countries are working hard to achieve the new desired goal of 100,000 tourists in 2012.
To fulfil this there are a lots of incentives planned. In order to achieve this new target that is almost the double of last year’s, there’s a wide range of promotional activities that the Caravan has organises and which will be staged at every Mexican city the tourism board stops at.
This caravan tour is the result of an exchange between various tour operators and Mexican airlines to promote Cuba holidays as a top destination in the Caribbean as well as showcasing its offers for the summer and winter seasons.
Perez also revealed that several tourism and travel events have been planned for the month of November this year which are all due to take place in Mexico and Cuba will also be participating. One of the places where Cuba will have a strong presence, for example, is in the International Cultural Tourism Fair in the city Morelia, a town in the Mexican province of Michoacan.
Alicia Perez also went on to reveal that 2011 is set to be a very good year for Cuba holidays and added that because in Mexico there are many possibilities and potential, this Latin American country will continue to send an increasing number of Mexican tourists to the island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...