Cuba Tourism Board Caravans through Mexican cities
The "Authentic Cuba" Cuba campaign has been caravanning through major Mexican cities with the aim of enticing more Mexican tourists to take Cuba holidays. For this purpose, representatives from Cuba's MINTUR have been showcasing the best of the island.
Promoting the many offerings the island has to offer Mexican holidaymakers, representatives from Cuba’s Tourism Board have been touring around Mexican cities in order to showcase the best of the island.
The caravan under the slogan "Authentic Cuba" began its journey through the Mexican cities of Monterrey, Guadalajara, Leon, Toluca and Mexico City as part of a promotional tour organised by the Ministry of Tourism of Cuba (MINTUR).
With the main aim of attracting more Mexican tourists to Cuba holidays, this new promotional campaign will highlight the best of the island to potential holidaymakers from Mexico.
Alicia Perez, director of Cuba’s MINTUR office in Mexico, told reporters that at the close of last year a total of 66,700 Mexicans visited the Caribbean island. Now the main tourism authorities from both countries are working hard to achieve the new desired goal of 100,000 tourists in 2012.
To fulfil this there are a lots of incentives planned. In order to achieve this new target that is almost the double of last year’s, there’s a wide range of promotional activities that the Caravan has organises and which will be staged at every Mexican city the tourism board stops at.
This caravan tour is the result of an exchange between various tour operators and Mexican airlines to promote Cuba holidays as a top destination in the Caribbean as well as showcasing its offers for the summer and winter seasons.
Perez also revealed that several tourism and travel events have been planned for the month of November this year which are all due to take place in Mexico and Cuba will also be participating. One of the places where Cuba will have a strong presence, for example, is in the International Cultural Tourism Fair in the city Morelia, a town in the Mexican province of Michoacan.
Alicia Perez also went on to reveal that 2011 is set to be a very good year for Cuba holidays and added that because in Mexico there are many possibilities and potential, this Latin American country will continue to send an increasing number of Mexican tourists to the island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...