Cuba Tourism Board Caravans through Mexican cities
The "Authentic Cuba" Cuba campaign has been caravanning through major Mexican cities with the aim of enticing more Mexican tourists to take Cuba holidays. For this purpose, representatives from Cuba's MINTUR have been showcasing the best of the island.
Promoting the many offerings the island has to offer Mexican holidaymakers, representatives from Cuba’s Tourism Board have been touring around Mexican cities in order to showcase the best of the island.
The caravan under the slogan "Authentic Cuba" began its journey through the Mexican cities of Monterrey, Guadalajara, Leon, Toluca and Mexico City as part of a promotional tour organised by the Ministry of Tourism of Cuba (MINTUR).
With the main aim of attracting more Mexican tourists to Cuba holidays, this new promotional campaign will highlight the best of the island to potential holidaymakers from Mexico.
Alicia Perez, director of Cuba’s MINTUR office in Mexico, told reporters that at the close of last year a total of 66,700 Mexicans visited the Caribbean island. Now the main tourism authorities from both countries are working hard to achieve the new desired goal of 100,000 tourists in 2012.
To fulfil this there are a lots of incentives planned. In order to achieve this new target that is almost the double of last year’s, there’s a wide range of promotional activities that the Caravan has organises and which will be staged at every Mexican city the tourism board stops at.
This caravan tour is the result of an exchange between various tour operators and Mexican airlines to promote Cuba holidays as a top destination in the Caribbean as well as showcasing its offers for the summer and winter seasons.
Perez also revealed that several tourism and travel events have been planned for the month of November this year which are all due to take place in Mexico and Cuba will also be participating. One of the places where Cuba will have a strong presence, for example, is in the International Cultural Tourism Fair in the city Morelia, a town in the Mexican province of Michoacan.
Alicia Perez also went on to reveal that 2011 is set to be a very good year for Cuba holidays and added that because in Mexico there are many possibilities and potential, this Latin American country will continue to send an increasing number of Mexican tourists to the island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...