Steady increase in Cuba hotels and guest rooms
Travellers taking Cuba holidays will now have more choice of accommodation to select from as the number of guest rooms in Cuba hotels is steadily increasing with an annual growth of 7.5 per cent in the island's lodging capacity.
The number of guest rooms in the Cuba hotels industry is steadily increasing according to Cuba's Tourism Minister, Manuel Marrero, who announced that the lodgings and hotel accommodation sector in Cuba is growing by 7.5 per cent each year.
According to a report by Cuba's Tourism Minister at the end of the 31st FITCUBA International Tourism Fair, a whopping 2,792 rooms where introduced to the Cuba hotels sector this year; with the total number of guest rooms available for tourists going on holidays to Cuba reaching 52,000.
The report also revealed that 65 per cent of these rooms are within four and five-star hotels across Cuba and most of the new rooms this year are located in up and coming tourists destinations such as Cayo Santa Maria (Villa Clara) and Varadero.
Marrero made reference to new Cuba hotels such as the Palacio del Marques San Felipe y Santiago de Bejucal hotel which is situated by the St. Francis of Assisi Church Square in Old Havana and the new Velasco Hotel in Matanzas.
He also mentioned the launch of new Havana properties operated by Islazul including the Tulipan, Bella Habana Aeropuerto, the San Alejandro, and the Habana Paseo.
The Caribbean island nation is fast becoming one of the most popular tourist destinations in the region and tourism officials have set a target of nearly three million visitors by the end of 2011. During the first four months of 2011, over one million tourists took holidays to Cuba which is marks a 10.4% increase on the same period last year.
The beautiful island nation has already seen an increase in tourists arriving to the island this year and coming from Canada, Russia, Argentina, United Kingdom, Chile, Poland, Venezuela and Belgium.
The Ministry of Economy and Planning recently announced that 2011 tourism revenues are expected to grow by 29.5 per cent and visitor arrivals to Cuba should grow by 10.3 per cent.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...