Steady increase in Cuba hotels and guest rooms
Travellers taking Cuba holidays will now have more choice of accommodation to select from as the number of guest rooms in Cuba hotels is steadily increasing with an annual growth of 7.5 per cent in the island's lodging capacity.
The number of guest rooms in the Cuba hotels industry is steadily increasing according to Cuba's Tourism Minister, Manuel Marrero, who announced that the lodgings and hotel accommodation sector in Cuba is growing by 7.5 per cent each year.
According to a report by Cuba's Tourism Minister at the end of the 31st FITCUBA International Tourism Fair, a whopping 2,792 rooms where introduced to the Cuba hotels sector this year; with the total number of guest rooms available for tourists going on holidays to Cuba reaching 52,000.
The report also revealed that 65 per cent of these rooms are within four and five-star hotels across Cuba and most of the new rooms this year are located in up and coming tourists destinations such as Cayo Santa Maria (Villa Clara) and Varadero.
Marrero made reference to new Cuba hotels such as the Palacio del Marques San Felipe y Santiago de Bejucal hotel which is situated by the St. Francis of Assisi Church Square in Old Havana and the new Velasco Hotel in Matanzas.
He also mentioned the launch of new Havana properties operated by Islazul including the Tulipan, Bella Habana Aeropuerto, the San Alejandro, and the Habana Paseo.
The Caribbean island nation is fast becoming one of the most popular tourist destinations in the region and tourism officials have set a target of nearly three million visitors by the end of 2011. During the first four months of 2011, over one million tourists took holidays to Cuba which is marks a 10.4% increase on the same period last year.
The beautiful island nation has already seen an increase in tourists arriving to the island this year and coming from Canada, Russia, Argentina, United Kingdom, Chile, Poland, Venezuela and Belgium.
The Ministry of Economy and Planning recently announced that 2011 tourism revenues are expected to grow by 29.5 per cent and visitor arrivals to Cuba should grow by 10.3 per cent.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Oct
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...