Steady increase in Cuba hotels and guest rooms
Travellers taking Cuba holidays will now have more choice of accommodation to select from as the number of guest rooms in Cuba hotels is steadily increasing with an annual growth of 7.5 per cent in the island's lodging capacity.
The number of guest rooms in the Cuba hotels industry is steadily increasing according to Cuba's Tourism Minister, Manuel Marrero, who announced that the lodgings and hotel accommodation sector in Cuba is growing by 7.5 per cent each year.
According to a report by Cuba's Tourism Minister at the end of the 31st FITCUBA International Tourism Fair, a whopping 2,792 rooms where introduced to the Cuba hotels sector this year; with the total number of guest rooms available for tourists going on holidays to Cuba reaching 52,000.
The report also revealed that 65 per cent of these rooms are within four and five-star hotels across Cuba and most of the new rooms this year are located in up and coming tourists destinations such as Cayo Santa Maria (Villa Clara) and Varadero.
Marrero made reference to new Cuba hotels such as the Palacio del Marques San Felipe y Santiago de Bejucal hotel which is situated by the St. Francis of Assisi Church Square in Old Havana and the new Velasco Hotel in Matanzas.
He also mentioned the launch of new Havana properties operated by Islazul including the Tulipan, Bella Habana Aeropuerto, the San Alejandro, and the Habana Paseo.
The Caribbean island nation is fast becoming one of the most popular tourist destinations in the region and tourism officials have set a target of nearly three million visitors by the end of 2011. During the first four months of 2011, over one million tourists took holidays to Cuba which is marks a 10.4% increase on the same period last year.
The beautiful island nation has already seen an increase in tourists arriving to the island this year and coming from Canada, Russia, Argentina, United Kingdom, Chile, Poland, Venezuela and Belgium.
The Ministry of Economy and Planning recently announced that 2011 tourism revenues are expected to grow by 29.5 per cent and visitor arrivals to Cuba should grow by 10.3 per cent.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...