Steady increase in Cuba hotels and guest rooms
Travellers taking Cuba holidays will now have more choice of accommodation to select from as the number of guest rooms in Cuba hotels is steadily increasing with an annual growth of 7.5 per cent in the island's lodging capacity.
The number of guest rooms in the Cuba hotels industry is steadily increasing according to Cuba's Tourism Minister, Manuel Marrero, who announced that the lodgings and hotel accommodation sector in Cuba is growing by 7.5 per cent each year.
According to a report by Cuba's Tourism Minister at the end of the 31st FITCUBA International Tourism Fair, a whopping 2,792 rooms where introduced to the Cuba hotels sector this year; with the total number of guest rooms available for tourists going on holidays to Cuba reaching 52,000.
The report also revealed that 65 per cent of these rooms are within four and five-star hotels across Cuba and most of the new rooms this year are located in up and coming tourists destinations such as Cayo Santa Maria (Villa Clara) and Varadero.
Marrero made reference to new Cuba hotels such as the Palacio del Marques San Felipe y Santiago de Bejucal hotel which is situated by the St. Francis of Assisi Church Square in Old Havana and the new Velasco Hotel in Matanzas.
He also mentioned the launch of new Havana properties operated by Islazul including the Tulipan, Bella Habana Aeropuerto, the San Alejandro, and the Habana Paseo.
The Caribbean island nation is fast becoming one of the most popular tourist destinations in the region and tourism officials have set a target of nearly three million visitors by the end of 2011. During the first four months of 2011, over one million tourists took holidays to Cuba which is marks a 10.4% increase on the same period last year.
The beautiful island nation has already seen an increase in tourists arriving to the island this year and coming from Canada, Russia, Argentina, United Kingdom, Chile, Poland, Venezuela and Belgium.
The Ministry of Economy and Planning recently announced that 2011 tourism revenues are expected to grow by 29.5 per cent and visitor arrivals to Cuba should grow by 10.3 per cent.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...