Twin centre holidays with Cuba and Mexico could attract US holiday makers
A new joint travel package for Mexico and Cuba holidays could open up the opportunity of travel to the Caribbean island for American holidaymakers, according to Nick Verrastro, author of the Travel Market Report news website.
American travellers could soon have the chance of enjoying holidays to Cuba after the Travel Market Report news website announced the possibility of developing travel twin centre packages which would combine Mexico and Cuba holidays.
Author of the report, Nick Verrastro, explained that Cuba and Mexico announced their decision to work together to provide joint holiday packages at the 31st International Tourism Fair in Cuba (FITCUBA 2011) last month.
"Cuba is the Caribbean’s third most popular destination, according to Cuba’s tourism ministry, and that’s without benefit of travel from the destination’s number one travel market – the U.S. The U.S. market accounts for more than half of the Caribbean’s annual vacation visitors," Verrastro explained.
John McAuliff is the Executive Director of the Fund for Reconciliation and Development, which supports Cuba travel initiatives for American citizens. He added that this opportunity could give American travellers the chance to take holidays in Cuba under the new guideline announced by the U.S government where people-to-people programs can be operated through tour companies from a third country.
Earlier this year, U.S President Obama eased restrictins on Cuba travel for American travellers visiting the Caribbean island for cultural, educational, religious o academic purposes.
McAuliff said: “It is clear in the new guidelines that providers in third countries – tour operators in Mexico, the Cayman Islands and Jamaica, for example –can sell [Cuba] packages in the U.S.”
The combined package could open up the opportunity of Cuba holidays for Americans under the U.S guidelines and offer tours and cultural programmes in the country which will also help boost occupancy levels for Cuba hotels and increase revenue for local businesses.
The new tourism offering could also provide cruise links between Merida in Mexico and Havana in Cuba which would uncrease the number of tourists taking holidays to Cuba annually.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...