Twin centre holidays with Cuba and Mexico could attract US holiday makers
A new joint travel package for Mexico and Cuba holidays could open up the opportunity of travel to the Caribbean island for American holidaymakers, according to Nick Verrastro, author of the Travel Market Report news website.
American travellers could soon have the chance of enjoying holidays to Cuba after the Travel Market Report news website announced the possibility of developing travel twin centre packages which would combine Mexico and Cuba holidays.
Author of the report, Nick Verrastro, explained that Cuba and Mexico announced their decision to work together to provide joint holiday packages at the 31st International Tourism Fair in Cuba (FITCUBA 2011) last month.
"Cuba is the Caribbean’s third most popular destination, according to Cuba’s tourism ministry, and that’s without benefit of travel from the destination’s number one travel market – the U.S. The U.S. market accounts for more than half of the Caribbean’s annual vacation visitors," Verrastro explained.
John McAuliff is the Executive Director of the Fund for Reconciliation and Development, which supports Cuba travel initiatives for American citizens. He added that this opportunity could give American travellers the chance to take holidays in Cuba under the new guideline announced by the U.S government where people-to-people programs can be operated through tour companies from a third country.
Earlier this year, U.S President Obama eased restrictins on Cuba travel for American travellers visiting the Caribbean island for cultural, educational, religious o academic purposes.
McAuliff said: “It is clear in the new guidelines that providers in third countries – tour operators in Mexico, the Cayman Islands and Jamaica, for example –can sell [Cuba] packages in the U.S.”
The combined package could open up the opportunity of Cuba holidays for Americans under the U.S guidelines and offer tours and cultural programmes in the country which will also help boost occupancy levels for Cuba hotels and increase revenue for local businesses.
The new tourism offering could also provide cruise links between Merida in Mexico and Havana in Cuba which would uncrease the number of tourists taking holidays to Cuba annually.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...