Twin centre holidays with Cuba and Mexico could attract US holiday makers
A new joint travel package for Mexico and Cuba holidays could open up the opportunity of travel to the Caribbean island for American holidaymakers, according to Nick Verrastro, author of the Travel Market Report news website.
American travellers could soon have the chance of enjoying holidays to Cuba after the Travel Market Report news website announced the possibility of developing travel twin centre packages which would combine Mexico and Cuba holidays.
Author of the report, Nick Verrastro, explained that Cuba and Mexico announced their decision to work together to provide joint holiday packages at the 31st International Tourism Fair in Cuba (FITCUBA 2011) last month.
"Cuba is the Caribbean’s third most popular destination, according to Cuba’s tourism ministry, and that’s without benefit of travel from the destination’s number one travel market – the U.S. The U.S. market accounts for more than half of the Caribbean’s annual vacation visitors," Verrastro explained.
John McAuliff is the Executive Director of the Fund for Reconciliation and Development, which supports Cuba travel initiatives for American citizens. He added that this opportunity could give American travellers the chance to take holidays in Cuba under the new guideline announced by the U.S government where people-to-people programs can be operated through tour companies from a third country.
Earlier this year, U.S President Obama eased restrictins on Cuba travel for American travellers visiting the Caribbean island for cultural, educational, religious o academic purposes.
McAuliff said: “It is clear in the new guidelines that providers in third countries – tour operators in Mexico, the Cayman Islands and Jamaica, for example –can sell [Cuba] packages in the U.S.”
The combined package could open up the opportunity of Cuba holidays for Americans under the U.S guidelines and offer tours and cultural programmes in the country which will also help boost occupancy levels for Cuba hotels and increase revenue for local businesses.
The new tourism offering could also provide cruise links between Merida in Mexico and Havana in Cuba which would uncrease the number of tourists taking holidays to Cuba annually.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...