Villa Clara emerging as new destination for Cuba holidays
Villa Clara continues to be one of the favourite destinations for Canadian travellers taking Cuba holidays and the number of UK travellers is expected to increase this May when British tour operators, Thomson and Thomas Cook, operate holidays to the area.
Villa Clara is emerging as one of the most popular destinations for Cuba holidays amongst a range of international tourists, but especially those from Canada.
According to the Director of the Tourism Information Office (INFOTUR) of Villa Clara, Jesus Diaz-Canel, Canada is the leading market for this rising tourist destination, followed closely by Argentina and England, where the number of satisfied travellers taking returning to the island and repeating Cuba holidays is higher than 55 per cent.
This month, the arrival of British tour operators such as Thomson and Thomas Cook has helped increase the flow of holidays in Cuba's Villa Clara province, with package holidays being offered to luxury hotels located in Cayo Santa Maria, Las Brujas and Ensenachos.
Diaz-Canel said that operations in the province’s air terminal increased by more than 25% during the first quarter of 2011, compared with to the same period in 2010. The number of flights to Santa Clara airport arriving from Europe, North America and South America has also increased over the past year.
Sales Director of the Tourism Ministry’s Office in Villa Clara, Jorge Luis Jimenez, said that over 70,000 travellers had visited the Santa Maria, Ensenachos and Las Brujas keys so far this year. These figures represent a 11.2 per cent growth in tourists taking Cuba holidays in the province which will host the International Fair of Tourism FITCUBA 2012.
Villa Clara is located in the central region of the Caribbean island and its north coast is dotted with an array of keys which boast white sand beaches, coral reefs, and newly built Villa Clara hotels and resorts.
The Villa Clara Keys are part of the Jardines del Rey archipelago and feature a range of beautiful natural landscapes such as the lush green Escambray Mountains, crystal clear turquoise waters, lakes, nature parks and sugary fine-sand beaches. The rise in visitor arrivals has led to an increase in occupancy in all hotels in Villa Clara and travellers can choose from luxury beachfront resorts or hotels set within lush tropical gardens.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...