Villa Clara emerging as new destination for Cuba holidays
Villa Clara continues to be one of the favourite destinations for Canadian travellers taking Cuba holidays and the number of UK travellers is expected to increase this May when British tour operators, Thomson and Thomas Cook, operate holidays to the area.
Villa Clara is emerging as one of the most popular destinations for Cuba holidays amongst a range of international tourists, but especially those from Canada.
According to the Director of the Tourism Information Office (INFOTUR) of Villa Clara, Jesus Diaz-Canel, Canada is the leading market for this rising tourist destination, followed closely by Argentina and England, where the number of satisfied travellers taking returning to the island and repeating Cuba holidays is higher than 55 per cent.
This month, the arrival of British tour operators such as Thomson and Thomas Cook has helped increase the flow of holidays in Cuba's Villa Clara province, with package holidays being offered to luxury hotels located in Cayo Santa Maria, Las Brujas and Ensenachos.
Diaz-Canel said that operations in the province’s air terminal increased by more than 25% during the first quarter of 2011, compared with to the same period in 2010. The number of flights to Santa Clara airport arriving from Europe, North America and South America has also increased over the past year.
Sales Director of the Tourism Ministry’s Office in Villa Clara, Jorge Luis Jimenez, said that over 70,000 travellers had visited the Santa Maria, Ensenachos and Las Brujas keys so far this year. These figures represent a 11.2 per cent growth in tourists taking Cuba holidays in the province which will host the International Fair of Tourism FITCUBA 2012.
Villa Clara is located in the central region of the Caribbean island and its north coast is dotted with an array of keys which boast white sand beaches, coral reefs, and newly built Villa Clara hotels and resorts.
The Villa Clara Keys are part of the Jardines del Rey archipelago and feature a range of beautiful natural landscapes such as the lush green Escambray Mountains, crystal clear turquoise waters, lakes, nature parks and sugary fine-sand beaches. The rise in visitor arrivals has led to an increase in occupancy in all hotels in Villa Clara and travellers can choose from luxury beachfront resorts or hotels set within lush tropical gardens.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...