Villa Clara emerging as new destination for Cuba holidays
Villa Clara continues to be one of the favourite destinations for Canadian travellers taking Cuba holidays and the number of UK travellers is expected to increase this May when British tour operators, Thomson and Thomas Cook, operate holidays to the area.
Villa Clara is emerging as one of the most popular destinations for Cuba holidays amongst a range of international tourists, but especially those from Canada.
According to the Director of the Tourism Information Office (INFOTUR) of Villa Clara, Jesus Diaz-Canel, Canada is the leading market for this rising tourist destination, followed closely by Argentina and England, where the number of satisfied travellers taking returning to the island and repeating Cuba holidays is higher than 55 per cent.
This month, the arrival of British tour operators such as Thomson and Thomas Cook has helped increase the flow of holidays in Cuba's Villa Clara province, with package holidays being offered to luxury hotels located in Cayo Santa Maria, Las Brujas and Ensenachos.
Diaz-Canel said that operations in the province’s air terminal increased by more than 25% during the first quarter of 2011, compared with to the same period in 2010. The number of flights to Santa Clara airport arriving from Europe, North America and South America has also increased over the past year.
Sales Director of the Tourism Ministry’s Office in Villa Clara, Jorge Luis Jimenez, said that over 70,000 travellers had visited the Santa Maria, Ensenachos and Las Brujas keys so far this year. These figures represent a 11.2 per cent growth in tourists taking Cuba holidays in the province which will host the International Fair of Tourism FITCUBA 2012.
Villa Clara is located in the central region of the Caribbean island and its north coast is dotted with an array of keys which boast white sand beaches, coral reefs, and newly built Villa Clara hotels and resorts.
The Villa Clara Keys are part of the Jardines del Rey archipelago and feature a range of beautiful natural landscapes such as the lush green Escambray Mountains, crystal clear turquoise waters, lakes, nature parks and sugary fine-sand beaches. The rise in visitor arrivals has led to an increase in occupancy in all hotels in Villa Clara and travellers can choose from luxury beachfront resorts or hotels set within lush tropical gardens.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...