A Young Dream Collapses - The End of Dreamticket
The dream is over for travel technology firm Dreamticket.com as the firm announced it ceased trading today; only two months after it had managed to secure an investment deal from private equity group Hatfield Investments.
Just in 2008, a mere 3 years ago, Dreamticket Holidays was a bouyant and promising young business, included in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 list that featured the UK's fastest-growing technology companies. Today, the picture is much different. There is gloom and doom surrounding the company and casting a huge shadow over the Dreamticket brand, as of 23rd May 2011 the travel company has announced to the public that it has officially ceased trading.
See DreamTicket offers page
for more information
and booking indications:
Despite substantial promises of investment from a new backer only two months ago, Dreamticket Holidays owner Selsdon Travel has closed the curtains and hung the trading hat for good.
Back in March it was reported that private equity investment firm Hatfield Investments, had bought a majority of shares in the long-haul online specialist and call centre. At the time Hatfield had said it was planning to acquire more travel companies with the aim of catapulting "Selsdon Travel into the top 20 travel companies in the UK" ...So much for those dreams turned to cloudy dust as Dreamticket can dream no more. Its trading eyes have shut to the travel world.
Dreamticket Holidays had an ATOL and was also a member of ABTA. The Croydon-based firm was the third biggest UK operator to the Maldives and it specialised in destinations in the Middle East such as Dubai holidays, as well as Indian Ocean holiday destinations. The firm was bonded to carry 17,300 passengers a year through its Atol and also traded as Holiday Master.
A statement addressed to customers currently abroad on a Dreamticket holiday, was released on the operator’s website a few hours ago and reads : “The CAA will be making arrangements to ensure customers of Dreamticket can fly home at the end of their holiday."
For customers still due to travel with the firm, the statement reads as follows: “Customers who made a direct booking using a credit card should contact their credit card provider. All other customers should make a claim from the CAA.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Experience the exclusivity of Ras Al Khaimah from a luxury retreat at this stunning beachfront resort
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Get a true taste of the rich Indonesian culture with a stay across the stunning islands of Bali and Gili Trawangan....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...