A Young Dream Collapses - The End of Dreamticket
The dream is over for travel technology firm Dreamticket.com as the firm announced it ceased trading today; only two months after it had managed to secure an investment deal from private equity group Hatfield Investments.
Just in 2008, a mere 3 years ago, Dreamticket Holidays was a bouyant and promising young business, included in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 list that featured the UK's fastest-growing technology companies. Today, the picture is much different. There is gloom and doom surrounding the company and casting a huge shadow over the Dreamticket brand, as of 23rd May 2011 the travel company has announced to the public that it has officially ceased trading.
See DreamTicket offers page
for more information
and booking indications:
Despite substantial promises of investment from a new backer only two months ago, Dreamticket Holidays owner Selsdon Travel has closed the curtains and hung the trading hat for good.
Back in March it was reported that private equity investment firm Hatfield Investments, had bought a majority of shares in the long-haul online specialist and call centre. At the time Hatfield had said it was planning to acquire more travel companies with the aim of catapulting "Selsdon Travel into the top 20 travel companies in the UK" ...So much for those dreams turned to cloudy dust as Dreamticket can dream no more. Its trading eyes have shut to the travel world.
Dreamticket Holidays had an ATOL and was also a member of ABTA. The Croydon-based firm was the third biggest UK operator to the Maldives and it specialised in destinations in the Middle East such as Dubai holidays, as well as Indian Ocean holiday destinations. The firm was bonded to carry 17,300 passengers a year through its Atol and also traded as Holiday Master.
A statement addressed to customers currently abroad on a Dreamticket holiday, was released on the operator’s website a few hours ago and reads : “The CAA will be making arrangements to ensure customers of Dreamticket can fly home at the end of their holiday."
For customers still due to travel with the firm, the statement reads as follows: “Customers who made a direct booking using a credit card should contact their credit card provider. All other customers should make a claim from the CAA.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...