A Young Dream Collapses - The End of Dreamticket
The dream is over for travel technology firm Dreamticket.com as the firm announced it ceased trading today; only two months after it had managed to secure an investment deal from private equity group Hatfield Investments.
Just in 2008, a mere 3 years ago, Dreamticket Holidays was a bouyant and promising young business, included in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 list that featured the UK's fastest-growing technology companies. Today, the picture is much different. There is gloom and doom surrounding the company and casting a huge shadow over the Dreamticket brand, as of 23rd May 2011 the travel company has announced to the public that it has officially ceased trading.
See DreamTicket offers page
for more information
and booking indications:
Despite substantial promises of investment from a new backer only two months ago, Dreamticket Holidays owner Selsdon Travel has closed the curtains and hung the trading hat for good.
Back in March it was reported that private equity investment firm Hatfield Investments, had bought a majority of shares in the long-haul online specialist and call centre. At the time Hatfield had said it was planning to acquire more travel companies with the aim of catapulting "Selsdon Travel into the top 20 travel companies in the UK" ...So much for those dreams turned to cloudy dust as Dreamticket can dream no more. Its trading eyes have shut to the travel world.
Dreamticket Holidays had an ATOL and was also a member of ABTA. The Croydon-based firm was the third biggest UK operator to the Maldives and it specialised in destinations in the Middle East such as Dubai holidays, as well as Indian Ocean holiday destinations. The firm was bonded to carry 17,300 passengers a year through its Atol and also traded as Holiday Master.
A statement addressed to customers currently abroad on a Dreamticket holiday, was released on the operator’s website a few hours ago and reads : “The CAA will be making arrangements to ensure customers of Dreamticket can fly home at the end of their holiday."
For customers still due to travel with the firm, the statement reads as follows: “Customers who made a direct booking using a credit card should contact their credit card provider. All other customers should make a claim from the CAA.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...