Twin centre Mexico and Cuba holidays promoted in multi-destination project
Mexico and Cuba have announced plans for a joint tourism project which will boost the number of international travellers taking Mexico and Cuba holidays, according to the Mexican Minister of Tourism, Gloria Guevara.
Plans for a joint multi-destination tourism project between Mexico and Cuba have been announced by the Mexican Minister of Tourism, Gloria Guevara, during the 31st FITCUBA International Tourism Fair.
During a speech at the fair which took place at the Morro-Cabana Fortresses in Havana, Guevara highlighted the plans for the project which would help boost the number of tourists taking twin centres combining Mexico and Cuba holidays.
Guevara spoke of Mexico's Ten Routes tourist program which promotes ten historical routes connecting Mexico's 31 states, and added that could be scope for tourism opportunities with Cuba because of the close proximity between the two nations.
The project could encourage more travellers to book multi destination Cuba and Mexico holidays, giving them the chance to explore both nations' beautiful scenery, World Heritage Sites, and cultural richness of both countries.
Both countries boast breathtaking natural scenery comprising some of the best beaches in the world, scuba diving sites, lush forests and dotted cays.
Cuba's golf sector is currently under development and as more golf courses and luxurious resorts are constructed, the island is expected to see a significant increase in high end holidaymakers taking Cuba holidays. The communist country is also seeing a rise in tourists arriving by cruise ship with the first quarter of 2011 seeing a 10.4 increase in cruise arrivals and an increase in visitors from Chile, Poland, Argentina, Russia, and Canada.
One of Mexico's most popular tourist destinations is Cancun which is located in the country's most eastern state, Quintana Roo. The coastal city is situated on the Yucatan Peninsula and is home to stunning landscapes including pristine beaches, sparkling turquoise lagoons and an array of Mayan archaeological sites. The region is also a prime location for scuba diving and snorkelling activities during Cancun holidays and is part of the world's second longest coral barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...