Twin centre Mexico and Cuba holidays promoted in multi-destination project
Mexico and Cuba have announced plans for a joint tourism project which will boost the number of international travellers taking Mexico and Cuba holidays, according to the Mexican Minister of Tourism, Gloria Guevara.
Plans for a joint multi-destination tourism project between Mexico and Cuba have been announced by the Mexican Minister of Tourism, Gloria Guevara, during the 31st FITCUBA International Tourism Fair.
During a speech at the fair which took place at the Morro-Cabana Fortresses in Havana, Guevara highlighted the plans for the project which would help boost the number of tourists taking twin centres combining Mexico and Cuba holidays.
Guevara spoke of Mexico's Ten Routes tourist program which promotes ten historical routes connecting Mexico's 31 states, and added that could be scope for tourism opportunities with Cuba because of the close proximity between the two nations.
The project could encourage more travellers to book multi destination Cuba and Mexico holidays, giving them the chance to explore both nations' beautiful scenery, World Heritage Sites, and cultural richness of both countries.
Both countries boast breathtaking natural scenery comprising some of the best beaches in the world, scuba diving sites, lush forests and dotted cays.
Cuba's golf sector is currently under development and as more golf courses and luxurious resorts are constructed, the island is expected to see a significant increase in high end holidaymakers taking Cuba holidays. The communist country is also seeing a rise in tourists arriving by cruise ship with the first quarter of 2011 seeing a 10.4 increase in cruise arrivals and an increase in visitors from Chile, Poland, Argentina, Russia, and Canada.
One of Mexico's most popular tourist destinations is Cancun which is located in the country's most eastern state, Quintana Roo. The coastal city is situated on the Yucatan Peninsula and is home to stunning landscapes including pristine beaches, sparkling turquoise lagoons and an array of Mayan archaeological sites. The region is also a prime location for scuba diving and snorkelling activities during Cancun holidays and is part of the world's second longest coral barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...