Twin centre Mexico and Cuba holidays promoted in multi-destination project
Mexico and Cuba have announced plans for a joint tourism project which will boost the number of international travellers taking Mexico and Cuba holidays, according to the Mexican Minister of Tourism, Gloria Guevara.
Plans for a joint multi-destination tourism project between Mexico and Cuba have been announced by the Mexican Minister of Tourism, Gloria Guevara, during the 31st FITCUBA International Tourism Fair.
During a speech at the fair which took place at the Morro-Cabana Fortresses in Havana, Guevara highlighted the plans for the project which would help boost the number of tourists taking twin centres combining Mexico and Cuba holidays.
Guevara spoke of Mexico's Ten Routes tourist program which promotes ten historical routes connecting Mexico's 31 states, and added that could be scope for tourism opportunities with Cuba because of the close proximity between the two nations.
The project could encourage more travellers to book multi destination Cuba and Mexico holidays, giving them the chance to explore both nations' beautiful scenery, World Heritage Sites, and cultural richness of both countries.
Both countries boast breathtaking natural scenery comprising some of the best beaches in the world, scuba diving sites, lush forests and dotted cays.
Cuba's golf sector is currently under development and as more golf courses and luxurious resorts are constructed, the island is expected to see a significant increase in high end holidaymakers taking Cuba holidays. The communist country is also seeing a rise in tourists arriving by cruise ship with the first quarter of 2011 seeing a 10.4 increase in cruise arrivals and an increase in visitors from Chile, Poland, Argentina, Russia, and Canada.
One of Mexico's most popular tourist destinations is Cancun which is located in the country's most eastern state, Quintana Roo. The coastal city is situated on the Yucatan Peninsula and is home to stunning landscapes including pristine beaches, sparkling turquoise lagoons and an array of Mayan archaeological sites. The region is also a prime location for scuba diving and snorkelling activities during Cancun holidays and is part of the world's second longest coral barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana City Tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...