Twin centre Mexico and Cuba holidays promoted in multi-destination project
Mexico and Cuba have announced plans for a joint tourism project which will boost the number of international travellers taking Mexico and Cuba holidays, according to the Mexican Minister of Tourism, Gloria Guevara.
Plans for a joint multi-destination tourism project between Mexico and Cuba have been announced by the Mexican Minister of Tourism, Gloria Guevara, during the 31st FITCUBA International Tourism Fair.
During a speech at the fair which took place at the Morro-Cabana Fortresses in Havana, Guevara highlighted the plans for the project which would help boost the number of tourists taking twin centres combining Mexico and Cuba holidays.
Guevara spoke of Mexico's Ten Routes tourist program which promotes ten historical routes connecting Mexico's 31 states, and added that could be scope for tourism opportunities with Cuba because of the close proximity between the two nations.
The project could encourage more travellers to book multi destination Cuba and Mexico holidays, giving them the chance to explore both nations' beautiful scenery, World Heritage Sites, and cultural richness of both countries.
Both countries boast breathtaking natural scenery comprising some of the best beaches in the world, scuba diving sites, lush forests and dotted cays.
Cuba's golf sector is currently under development and as more golf courses and luxurious resorts are constructed, the island is expected to see a significant increase in high end holidaymakers taking Cuba holidays. The communist country is also seeing a rise in tourists arriving by cruise ship with the first quarter of 2011 seeing a 10.4 increase in cruise arrivals and an increase in visitors from Chile, Poland, Argentina, Russia, and Canada.
One of Mexico's most popular tourist destinations is Cancun which is located in the country's most eastern state, Quintana Roo. The coastal city is situated on the Yucatan Peninsula and is home to stunning landscapes including pristine beaches, sparkling turquoise lagoons and an array of Mayan archaeological sites. The region is also a prime location for scuba diving and snorkelling activities during Cancun holidays and is part of the world's second longest coral barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a tour
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...