Twin centre Mexico and Cuba holidays promoted in multi-destination project
Mexico and Cuba have announced plans for a joint tourism project which will boost the number of international travellers taking Mexico and Cuba holidays, according to the Mexican Minister of Tourism, Gloria Guevara.
Plans for a joint multi-destination tourism project between Mexico and Cuba have been announced by the Mexican Minister of Tourism, Gloria Guevara, during the 31st FITCUBA International Tourism Fair.
During a speech at the fair which took place at the Morro-Cabana Fortresses in Havana, Guevara highlighted the plans for the project which would help boost the number of tourists taking twin centres combining Mexico and Cuba holidays.
Guevara spoke of Mexico's Ten Routes tourist program which promotes ten historical routes connecting Mexico's 31 states, and added that could be scope for tourism opportunities with Cuba because of the close proximity between the two nations.
The project could encourage more travellers to book multi destination Cuba and Mexico holidays, giving them the chance to explore both nations' beautiful scenery, World Heritage Sites, and cultural richness of both countries.
Both countries boast breathtaking natural scenery comprising some of the best beaches in the world, scuba diving sites, lush forests and dotted cays.
Cuba's golf sector is currently under development and as more golf courses and luxurious resorts are constructed, the island is expected to see a significant increase in high end holidaymakers taking Cuba holidays. The communist country is also seeing a rise in tourists arriving by cruise ship with the first quarter of 2011 seeing a 10.4 increase in cruise arrivals and an increase in visitors from Chile, Poland, Argentina, Russia, and Canada.
One of Mexico's most popular tourist destinations is Cancun which is located in the country's most eastern state, Quintana Roo. The coastal city is situated on the Yucatan Peninsula and is home to stunning landscapes including pristine beaches, sparkling turquoise lagoons and an array of Mayan archaeological sites. The region is also a prime location for scuba diving and snorkelling activities during Cancun holidays and is part of the world's second longest coral barrier reef.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...