Santa Maria Key Hosts FITCUBA International Tourism Fair
Approximately 100 tourism professionals and journalists travelled to Santa Maria Key in Cuba last Thursday for the FITCUBA International Tourism Fair, an event which promotes national and international hotels, tourism companies, and travel to Cuba.
The FITCUBA International Tourism Fair travelled to Santa Maria Key last week, where over 100 tourism professionals and journalists enjoyed the beautiful natural surroundings of the northern keys.
Participants of FITCUBA stayed at the Barceló Cayo Santa Maria Caribe-Tropical Resort where they were welcomed by Cuban music and a special dinner.
The luxury five-star resort is situated close to the tourist town of La Estrella and is still under construction. The property features 1,386 suites and junior suites; and several restaurants including a buffet restaurant, grill restaurant and four other dining outlets which specialise in French, Mediterranean, Italian and Cuban-Dominican cuisine.
The programme included visits to Santa Maria Key's marina, the hotels Melia Buenavista and Melia Las Dunas, the World Heritage City of Remedios, the Ernesto Che Guevara Memorial in Santa Clara, and a tour through the Varadero resort in Matanzas, a popular destination for holidays in Cuba.
The FITCUBA International Tourism Fair ended on 8th May 2011 with Mexico as its guest country, and the Santa Maria Key has been announced as the host of FITCUBA 2012, which will have Argentina as its Guest of Honour country and Family Tourism as the focus of its promotions and products.
The FITCUBA events promoted travel to Cuba, historic attractions, natural landscapes, World Heritage Sites and hotels in Cuba, as well as international tourism products, destinations and tourism professionals.
The Santa Maria Key is situated to the north of the central province of Villa Clara and is home to the beautiful Las Brujas and Ensenachos keys.
Expanding over 13km in length and 2 km in width, the Santa Maria key is and a popular destination for Cuba holidays because of its pristine beaches and luxury Cuba hotels and resorts. Leading travel site, TripAdvisor, recently ranked the Santa Maria Key in the 25th position in the list of the most attractive beaches in the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cayo Santa Maria Browse all
The ultimate Cuba holiday combines a luxury Havana city break, with a tropical island paradise to create memories that will last a lifetime
- The Royalton Cayo Santa Maria will make you feel like Royalty!
- Butler Service is included at the Royalton Cayo Santa Maria resort
- The Melia Habana stands out for its spacious lobby, decorated with tropical plants and the hotel also has the largest swimming pool in Havana
Wander the magical streets of Old Havana, marvel at the architecture, then splash in the azure waters of a tropical island paradise, Cayo Santa Maria
- Discover both Cuba’s historical capital, Havana, but also the stunning white beaches of Cayo Santa Maria.
- Enjoy modern facilities and design at Royalton Cayo Santa Maria.
- Enjoy colonial grandeur and Cuban art at Havana's Saratoga hotel.
Luxury and romance are served with this 5-star Cuban getaway, including a boutique retreat that's been listed in Conde Nast's Gold List for The Americas.
- Adults-only resort on a fabulous secluded beach in Cayo Santa Maria
- Soak up the sun from the rooftop pool with fantastic city views of Havana at the Saratoga
- Enjoy the Sensational Spa treatments and facilities at Melia Buenavista
Relax and enjoy every minute of your holiday at Melia Habana and Melia Buenavista
- Benefit from the Fitness Centre or relax YHI Spa treatments at Melia Buenavista
- Melia Habana Hotel is located in the heart of Miramar with stunning view of the city and the northern coast of Havana
- Take advantage of 24 Hour room service, daily turndown service, welcome cocktail and much more in Cayo Santa Maria
Sol Cayo Santa Maria lies in the northeast of the province of Villa Clara, in the Caribbean archipelago of Jardines del...
Enjoy the treasures of Havana's beautiful coastline as you relish the ancient opulence of the Miramar district. This is...
Spend time at Melia Habana hotel located in the heart of Miramar with stunning views of the city and northern coast of...
Get into the Cuban spirit while you take some time off and relax for 15 days at the amazing all-inclusive Sol Cayo Santa...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Enjoying an exceptional location on the west side of Havana, sitting right at the heart of the elegant residential,...