Santa Maria Key Hosts FITCUBA International Tourism Fair
Approximately 100 tourism professionals and journalists travelled to Santa Maria Key in Cuba last Thursday for the FITCUBA International Tourism Fair, an event which promotes national and international hotels, tourism companies, and travel to Cuba.
The FITCUBA International Tourism Fair travelled to Santa Maria Key last week, where over 100 tourism professionals and journalists enjoyed the beautiful natural surroundings of the northern keys.
Participants of FITCUBA stayed at the Barceló Cayo Santa Maria Caribe-Tropical Resort where they were welcomed by Cuban music and a special dinner.
The luxury five-star resort is situated close to the tourist town of La Estrella and is still under construction. The property features 1,386 suites and junior suites; and several restaurants including a buffet restaurant, grill restaurant and four other dining outlets which specialise in French, Mediterranean, Italian and Cuban-Dominican cuisine.
The programme included visits to Santa Maria Key's marina, the hotels Melia Buenavista and Melia Las Dunas, the World Heritage City of Remedios, the Ernesto Che Guevara Memorial in Santa Clara, and a tour through the Varadero resort in Matanzas, a popular destination for holidays in Cuba.
The FITCUBA International Tourism Fair ended on 8th May 2011 with Mexico as its guest country, and the Santa Maria Key has been announced as the host of FITCUBA 2012, which will have Argentina as its Guest of Honour country and Family Tourism as the focus of its promotions and products.
The FITCUBA events promoted travel to Cuba, historic attractions, natural landscapes, World Heritage Sites and hotels in Cuba, as well as international tourism products, destinations and tourism professionals.
The Santa Maria Key is situated to the north of the central province of Villa Clara and is home to the beautiful Las Brujas and Ensenachos keys.
Expanding over 13km in length and 2 km in width, the Santa Maria key is and a popular destination for Cuba holidays because of its pristine beaches and luxury Cuba hotels and resorts. Leading travel site, TripAdvisor, recently ranked the Santa Maria Key in the 25th position in the list of the most attractive beaches in the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cayo Santa Maria Browse all
Capture the vibrancy and charm of Havana, then chill on Cayo Santa Maria's paradisiacal and secluded white sandy beaches
- Couples' Added Values in Melia Cayo St Maria - romantic dinner, one hydrothermal circuit & more
- Couples receive a guaranteed King-size bed, late Check-Out & more at the Melia Habana
- Relax and pamper yourself at the Melia Cayo Santa Maria Spa
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana tour
Enjoy a perfectly matched multi centre holiday that combines exploration and relaxation that will guarantee a fantastic time
- The holiday provides the perfect combination of hustle and bustle and relaxation
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel has a superb Havana location and a rooftop pool
- IBEROSTAR Ensenachos Hotel is located on one of the most exclusive beaches in Cuba and boasts top of the range facilities
Relax and enjoy every minute of your holiday at Melia Habana and Melia Buenavista
- Relish soothing massages and spa treatments at Melia Buenavista
- Unwind upon the deserted beaches of Cayo Santa Maria at Melia Buenavista
- Melia Habana Hotel boasts stunning views of bustling Havana, Mirimar and the coast
Melia Habana + Hotel La Union + Melia Buenavista + Melia Habana
- Melia Buenavista is located within an exquisite, serene and romantic beach setting.
- La Union hotel oozes with charm and boasts stunning views over Cienfuegos and the bay.
- The Melia Habana Hotel is nestled within a serene neighbourhood, yet is just 10 minutes away from Havana’s Old Town.
Sol Cayo Santa Maria lies in the northeast of the province of Villa Clara, in the Caribbean archipelago of Jardines del...
Enjoy the treasures of Havana's beautiful coastline as you relish the ancient opulence of the Miramar district. This is...
Spend time at Melia Habana hotel located in the heart of Miramar with stunning views of the city and northern coast of...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
Dhawa cayo santa maria hotel is nestled upon a sandy beach on a stunning island off the northern coast of Cuba. Its...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...