Santa Maria Key Hosts FITCUBA International Tourism Fair
Approximately 100 tourism professionals and journalists travelled to Santa Maria Key in Cuba last Thursday for the FITCUBA International Tourism Fair, an event which promotes national and international hotels, tourism companies, and travel to Cuba.
The FITCUBA International Tourism Fair travelled to Santa Maria Key last week, where over 100 tourism professionals and journalists enjoyed the beautiful natural surroundings of the northern keys.
Participants of FITCUBA stayed at the Barceló Cayo Santa Maria Caribe-Tropical Resort where they were welcomed by Cuban music and a special dinner.
The luxury five-star resort is situated close to the tourist town of La Estrella and is still under construction. The property features 1,386 suites and junior suites; and several restaurants including a buffet restaurant, grill restaurant and four other dining outlets which specialise in French, Mediterranean, Italian and Cuban-Dominican cuisine.
The programme included visits to Santa Maria Key's marina, the hotels Melia Buenavista and Melia Las Dunas, the World Heritage City of Remedios, the Ernesto Che Guevara Memorial in Santa Clara, and a tour through the Varadero resort in Matanzas, a popular destination for holidays in Cuba.
The FITCUBA International Tourism Fair ended on 8th May 2011 with Mexico as its guest country, and the Santa Maria Key has been announced as the host of FITCUBA 2012, which will have Argentina as its Guest of Honour country and Family Tourism as the focus of its promotions and products.
The FITCUBA events promoted travel to Cuba, historic attractions, natural landscapes, World Heritage Sites and hotels in Cuba, as well as international tourism products, destinations and tourism professionals.
The Santa Maria Key is situated to the north of the central province of Villa Clara and is home to the beautiful Las Brujas and Ensenachos keys.
Expanding over 13km in length and 2 km in width, the Santa Maria key is and a popular destination for Cuba holidays because of its pristine beaches and luxury Cuba hotels and resorts. Leading travel site, TripAdvisor, recently ranked the Santa Maria Key in the 25th position in the list of the most attractive beaches in the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cayo Santa Maria Browse all
Perfect locations to see the many stunning sights that Havana and Cayo Santa Maria have to offer
- Variety of delicious themed restaurants and bars offering international drinks as well as Caribbean cocktails
- Direct access to the white sandy stretches of beach in Cayo Santa Maria
- Short journey to central Havana to easily explore its many fascinating attractions
The ultimate Cuba holiday combines a Iconic Havana city break, with a tropical island paradise to create memories that will last a lifetime
- The Royalton Cayo Santa Maria will make you feel like Royalty!
- Nacional de Cuba was built in 1930 in an art deco style and celebrities such as Winston Churchill, Ava Gardner and Frank Sinatra are among the many famous guests to stay here over the years
- Butler Service is included at the Royalton Cayo Santa Maria resort
Enjoy a perfectly matched multi centre holiday that combines exploration and relaxation that will guarantee a fantastic time
- IBEROSTAR Ensenachos Hotel is located on one of the most exclusive beaches in Cuba and boasts top of the range facilities
- The holiday provides the perfect combination of hustle and bustle and relaxation
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel has a superb Havana location and a rooftop pool
Relax and enjoy every minute of your holiday at Melia Habana and Melia Buenavista
- Relish soothing massages and spa treatments at Melia Buenavista
- Unwind upon the deserted beaches of Cayo Santa Maria at Melia Buenavista
- Melia Habana Hotel boasts stunning views of bustling Havana, Mirimar and the coast
Sol Cayo Santa Maria lies in the northeast of the province of Villa Clara, in the Caribbean archipelago of Jardines del...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Enjoy the treasures of Havana's beautiful coastline as you relish the ancient opulence of the Miramar district. This is...
Spend time at Melia Habana hotel located in the heart of Miramar with stunning views of the city and northern coast of...
Memories Miramar Hotel is located in the elegant area of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views. This spacious hotel...
H10 Habana Panorama is located by the sea in Havana’s upmarket district of Miramar. This modern hotel sits by the...
Dhawa cayo santa maria hotel is nestled upon a sandy beach on a stunning island off the northern coast of Cuba. Its...