Fiesta Group's Investment Shows Strength of Jamaica Holidays
Tourism Minister of Jamaica, Edmund Bartlett, has announced that the Caribbean island's ability to continue attracting travellers to book Jamaica holidays despite the global recession, has increased interest from investors.
Investors are interested in new projects in Jamaica after the Caribbean island showed resilience during the global recession, continuing to attract tourists taking Jamaica holidays despite turbulent economic times.
Jamaica’s Tourism Minister, Edmund Bartlett, announced that investors who were interested in new developments include the Fiesta Hotel Group who has confirmed that they will be starting the expansion of their 1,056-room Grand Palladium Resort and Spa in Hanover.
Bartlett stated: “They are the largest of the group of investment that is now going to happen. We are expecting to be able to announce two others in short order.”
The Tourism Minister added that “the level of inquiries that we are now getting for investment in the hotel and tourism sector closely resembles that which happened five to ten years ago.”
The Grand Palladium Resort and Spa is one of the island’s most luxurious Jamaica hotels and is situated on the north-western tip of the island. General Manager of the resort, Dimitris Kosvogiannis, revealed that the Fiesta Group will be building 900 luxury hotel suites to the resort, complete with Concierge service, an exclusive swimming pool, and a range of luxury services and amenities.
Kosvogiannis added that the Fiesta Group are aiming to make Jamaica the head of its Caribbean operations.
The additional 900 luxury suites to the resort are part of the company’s wider objective to increase the number of tourists taking holidays to Jamaica to five million, and increase the revenue of the luxury holiday market to US$5 billion, within just five years.
“This winter season has been particularly good so far and it may be surprising to some to learn that we have actually run out of rooms for the Canadian market,” Bartlett explained.
“The question may very well be asked do you have 100 per cent occupancy because that it is the only way you should run out of rooms. The answer is no, we don’t have 100 per cent occupancy.”
He added: “But the demand that exists in the marketplace for a certain level of rooms, a certain quality, and a certain price point with a certain value is the issue.”
The Fiesta Group’s plans for the Jamaica resort don’t stop here either. The company are looking to build a further 2,000 rooms in the next phase of the expansion plan.
This plan also includes the construction of a state-of-the-art convention centre and an 18-hole golf course, which will make the complex the largest mega resort development in the Caribbean which will offer business facilities, luxury accommodation and a high level of service for travellers taking holidays in Jamaica.
Bartlett concluded: “The effort therefore to improve and constantly increase the number of high-quality rooms you have in the country is the imperative of the day.
“We are going to remain competitive; as we are going to be able to continue to drive high arrivals once we can refurbish our rooms to provide high quality rooms across the country.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Located in New Kingston, the Knutsford Court Hotel offers a laidback atmosphere within a beautiful tropical setting....