Fiesta Group's Investment Shows Strength of Jamaica Holidays
Tourism Minister of Jamaica, Edmund Bartlett, has announced that the Caribbean island's ability to continue attracting travellers to book Jamaica holidays despite the global recession, has increased interest from investors.
Investors are interested in new projects in Jamaica after the Caribbean island showed resilience during the global recession, continuing to attract tourists taking Jamaica holidays despite turbulent economic times.
Jamaica’s Tourism Minister, Edmund Bartlett, announced that investors who were interested in new developments include the Fiesta Hotel Group who has confirmed that they will be starting the expansion of their 1,056-room Grand Palladium Resort and Spa in Hanover.
Bartlett stated: “They are the largest of the group of investment that is now going to happen. We are expecting to be able to announce two others in short order.”
The Tourism Minister added that “the level of inquiries that we are now getting for investment in the hotel and tourism sector closely resembles that which happened five to ten years ago.”
The Grand Palladium Resort and Spa is one of the island’s most luxurious Jamaica hotels and is situated on the north-western tip of the island. General Manager of the resort, Dimitris Kosvogiannis, revealed that the Fiesta Group will be building 900 luxury hotel suites to the resort, complete with Concierge service, an exclusive swimming pool, and a range of luxury services and amenities.
Kosvogiannis added that the Fiesta Group are aiming to make Jamaica the head of its Caribbean operations.
The additional 900 luxury suites to the resort are part of the company’s wider objective to increase the number of tourists taking holidays to Jamaica to five million, and increase the revenue of the luxury holiday market to US$5 billion, within just five years.
“This winter season has been particularly good so far and it may be surprising to some to learn that we have actually run out of rooms for the Canadian market,” Bartlett explained.
“The question may very well be asked do you have 100 per cent occupancy because that it is the only way you should run out of rooms. The answer is no, we don’t have 100 per cent occupancy.”
He added: “But the demand that exists in the marketplace for a certain level of rooms, a certain quality, and a certain price point with a certain value is the issue.”
The Fiesta Group’s plans for the Jamaica resort don’t stop here either. The company are looking to build a further 2,000 rooms in the next phase of the expansion plan.
This plan also includes the construction of a state-of-the-art convention centre and an 18-hole golf course, which will make the complex the largest mega resort development in the Caribbean which will offer business facilities, luxury accommodation and a high level of service for travellers taking holidays in Jamaica.
Bartlett concluded: “The effort therefore to improve and constantly increase the number of high-quality rooms you have in the country is the imperative of the day.
“We are going to remain competitive; as we are going to be able to continue to drive high arrivals once we can refurbish our rooms to provide high quality rooms across the country.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Book and receive an upgrade to the next available room category
- Pirate's Paradise Waterpark on-site featuring a pirate ship and two waterslides
- Take advantage of this amazing free kids offer - Up to two kids stay free when sharing with two paying adults
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambiance's All Inclusive Resort & Spa is an adult's only resort offering 85 bright and spacious rooms. Each room...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...