Caribbean Airports Rated Among Best in World
Airports serving tourists on Caribbean holidays are among the world's best, according to a study carried out by Airports Council International which has named Cancun Airport as the best for service quality in Latin America and the Caribbean.
When going on their Caribbean holidays, tourists will now be arriving and departing to and from some of the world’s best airports; according to a new study carried out by Airports Council International.
The comparative survey ranked Cancun International Airport in Mexico as the best airport for service quality in Latin America and the Caribbean. Montego Bay Airport in Jamaica and Mexico City followed closely behind providing excellent facilities for tourists taking Caribbean holidays, ranking fourth and fifth place respectively.
Cancun International Airport was also ranked top overall in the Latin American and Caribbean region, followed by Guayaquil Airport in Ecuador and Santa Jose Airport in Costa Rica.
The Grantley Adams Airport in Barbados was named the top airport amongst those serving fewer than two million travellers arriving and departing to and from holidays in the Caribbean.
The tropical region now has award-wining airports to add to its achievements, as well as award-winning luxurious Caribbean hotels and Caribbean holiday resorts.
The honour for the best airport in the world was awarded to Seoul's Incheon International airport in South Korea for the fifth year in a row.
Director General Angela Gittens said: “I extend my congratulations to Incheon International Airport in Seoul, South Korea, which for the sixth straight year has taken the top customer service award honour, Best Airport Worldwide. Asia Pacific airports made a clean sweep of this worldwide category, as they did last year, with Singapore Changi Airport, Hong Kong International Airport, Beijing Capital International Airport, and Shanghai Pudong International Airport garnering respectively the second, third, fourth and fifth places for 2010.
“We applaud the consistent success story of the Asia Pacific airports, which set the bar in service excellence.”
Gittens added: “Airports vie for passenger loyalty as they seek to attract new routes and air service. For them, ASQ is not just a popularity contest; it is a tool to help improve performance in a measurable manner, to understand the factors that are successful, and to identify problem areas that they can then address. Worldwide competition has heightened the importance of service quality at airports today.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...