Caribbean Airports Rated Among Best in World
Airports serving tourists on Caribbean holidays are among the world's best, according to a study carried out by Airports Council International which has named Cancun Airport as the best for service quality in Latin America and the Caribbean.
When going on their Caribbean holidays, tourists will now be arriving and departing to and from some of the world’s best airports; according to a new study carried out by Airports Council International.
The comparative survey ranked Cancun International Airport in Mexico as the best airport for service quality in Latin America and the Caribbean. Montego Bay Airport in Jamaica and Mexico City followed closely behind providing excellent facilities for tourists taking Caribbean holidays, ranking fourth and fifth place respectively.
Cancun International Airport was also ranked top overall in the Latin American and Caribbean region, followed by Guayaquil Airport in Ecuador and Santa Jose Airport in Costa Rica.
The Grantley Adams Airport in Barbados was named the top airport amongst those serving fewer than two million travellers arriving and departing to and from holidays in the Caribbean.
The tropical region now has award-wining airports to add to its achievements, as well as award-winning luxurious Caribbean hotels and Caribbean holiday resorts.
The honour for the best airport in the world was awarded to Seoul's Incheon International airport in South Korea for the fifth year in a row.
Director General Angela Gittens said: “I extend my congratulations to Incheon International Airport in Seoul, South Korea, which for the sixth straight year has taken the top customer service award honour, Best Airport Worldwide. Asia Pacific airports made a clean sweep of this worldwide category, as they did last year, with Singapore Changi Airport, Hong Kong International Airport, Beijing Capital International Airport, and Shanghai Pudong International Airport garnering respectively the second, third, fourth and fifth places for 2010.
“We applaud the consistent success story of the Asia Pacific airports, which set the bar in service excellence.”
Gittens added: “Airports vie for passenger loyalty as they seek to attract new routes and air service. For them, ASQ is not just a popularity contest; it is a tool to help improve performance in a measurable manner, to understand the factors that are successful, and to identify problem areas that they can then address. Worldwide competition has heightened the importance of service quality at airports today.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...