Caribbean Airports Rated Among Best in World
Airports serving tourists on Caribbean holidays are among the world's best, according to a study carried out by Airports Council International which has named Cancun Airport as the best for service quality in Latin America and the Caribbean.
When going on their Caribbean holidays, tourists will now be arriving and departing to and from some of the world’s best airports; according to a new study carried out by Airports Council International.
The comparative survey ranked Cancun International Airport in Mexico as the best airport for service quality in Latin America and the Caribbean. Montego Bay Airport in Jamaica and Mexico City followed closely behind providing excellent facilities for tourists taking Caribbean holidays, ranking fourth and fifth place respectively.
Cancun International Airport was also ranked top overall in the Latin American and Caribbean region, followed by Guayaquil Airport in Ecuador and Santa Jose Airport in Costa Rica.
The Grantley Adams Airport in Barbados was named the top airport amongst those serving fewer than two million travellers arriving and departing to and from holidays in the Caribbean.
The tropical region now has award-wining airports to add to its achievements, as well as award-winning luxurious Caribbean hotels and Caribbean holiday resorts.
The honour for the best airport in the world was awarded to Seoul's Incheon International airport in South Korea for the fifth year in a row.
Director General Angela Gittens said: “I extend my congratulations to Incheon International Airport in Seoul, South Korea, which for the sixth straight year has taken the top customer service award honour, Best Airport Worldwide. Asia Pacific airports made a clean sweep of this worldwide category, as they did last year, with Singapore Changi Airport, Hong Kong International Airport, Beijing Capital International Airport, and Shanghai Pudong International Airport garnering respectively the second, third, fourth and fifth places for 2010.
“We applaud the consistent success story of the Asia Pacific airports, which set the bar in service excellence.”
Gittens added: “Airports vie for passenger loyalty as they seek to attract new routes and air service. For them, ASQ is not just a popularity contest; it is a tool to help improve performance in a measurable manner, to understand the factors that are successful, and to identify problem areas that they can then address. Worldwide competition has heightened the importance of service quality at airports today.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...