Caribbean Airports Rated Among Best in World
Airports serving tourists on Caribbean holidays are among the world's best, according to a study carried out by Airports Council International which has named Cancun Airport as the best for service quality in Latin America and the Caribbean.
When going on their Caribbean holidays, tourists will now be arriving and departing to and from some of the world’s best airports; according to a new study carried out by Airports Council International.
The comparative survey ranked Cancun International Airport in Mexico as the best airport for service quality in Latin America and the Caribbean. Montego Bay Airport in Jamaica and Mexico City followed closely behind providing excellent facilities for tourists taking Caribbean holidays, ranking fourth and fifth place respectively.
Cancun International Airport was also ranked top overall in the Latin American and Caribbean region, followed by Guayaquil Airport in Ecuador and Santa Jose Airport in Costa Rica.
The Grantley Adams Airport in Barbados was named the top airport amongst those serving fewer than two million travellers arriving and departing to and from holidays in the Caribbean.
The tropical region now has award-wining airports to add to its achievements, as well as award-winning luxurious Caribbean hotels and Caribbean holiday resorts.
The honour for the best airport in the world was awarded to Seoul's Incheon International airport in South Korea for the fifth year in a row.
Director General Angela Gittens said: “I extend my congratulations to Incheon International Airport in Seoul, South Korea, which for the sixth straight year has taken the top customer service award honour, Best Airport Worldwide. Asia Pacific airports made a clean sweep of this worldwide category, as they did last year, with Singapore Changi Airport, Hong Kong International Airport, Beijing Capital International Airport, and Shanghai Pudong International Airport garnering respectively the second, third, fourth and fifth places for 2010.
“We applaud the consistent success story of the Asia Pacific airports, which set the bar in service excellence.”
Gittens added: “Airports vie for passenger loyalty as they seek to attract new routes and air service. For them, ASQ is not just a popularity contest; it is a tool to help improve performance in a measurable manner, to understand the factors that are successful, and to identify problem areas that they can then address. Worldwide competition has heightened the importance of service quality at airports today.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Now Onyx Punta Cana is brand new resort opening in November 2016 and aims to offer a vibrant and active Unlimited-Luxury...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...