Leisure Canada Signs Agreement with PGA for Cuba Golf Resorts
Golfing enthusiasts will be able to enjoy more golfing activities during their Cuba holidays as Leisure Canada signs an agreement with the UK-based Professional Golfers Association Ltd for the licencing of the development of golf courses and resorts.
The Professional Golfers Association has granted resort developer, Leisure Canada, an exclusive licence so that it can develop golf courses and resorts for golfing Cuba holidays.
Toronto-based Leisure Canada signed the long-term agreement with the United Kingdom-based PGA which allows Leisure Canada to use PGA’s brand across its development of three new luxury Cuba hotels within new golf resorts.
Leisure Canada will develop golf facilities under the prestigious PGA brand including “PGA National, Cuba”, “PGA National Golf Course, Cuba”, “PGA National Golf Academy, Cuba”, “PGA Golf Course”, “PGA Village, Cuba”, “PGA Academy Course”, “PGA Golf Academy” and “PGA Resort Course”.
One of the new Cuba resorts will include a golf course and condominiums and will be developed in Jibacoa; a fishing village in the Havana province situated about 60km east of the island’s capital city.
As the Cuban government looks set to approve the development of 16 golf course condominium projects, Leisure Canada’s agreement with the PGA couldn’t have come at a better time, as the Caribbean island sees a golf-related construction boom.
Leisure Canada Chairman, Ned Goodman, said: “With the PGA, we have found the ideal partner to develop the game of golf in Cuba alongside our development projects.”
Guy Moran, head of property and development for the PGA, added: “Working together with the Cuban government and the people of Cuba, we hope to further develop the game of golf in the country for the benefit of tourists and Cubans alike.”
The PGA was established in 1901 and is the world’s oldest professional golfers’ association. The association manages approximately 1,000 golf event days each year and the new agreement will enable golfing enthusiasts to enjoy the game during their holidays in Cuba.
The Caribbean island is likely to see an increase in American golfers planning their holidays to Cuba as President Obama’s administration eased restrictions on Cuba travel for American residents earlier this year who are planning to visit the island for cultural, religious, academic, or educational purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...