Leisure Canada Signs Agreement with PGA for Cuba Golf Resorts
Golfing enthusiasts will be able to enjoy more golfing activities during their Cuba holidays as Leisure Canada signs an agreement with the UK-based Professional Golfers Association Ltd for the licencing of the development of golf courses and resorts.
The Professional Golfers Association has granted resort developer, Leisure Canada, an exclusive licence so that it can develop golf courses and resorts for golfing Cuba holidays.
Toronto-based Leisure Canada signed the long-term agreement with the United Kingdom-based PGA which allows Leisure Canada to use PGA’s brand across its development of three new luxury Cuba hotels within new golf resorts.
Leisure Canada will develop golf facilities under the prestigious PGA brand including “PGA National, Cuba”, “PGA National Golf Course, Cuba”, “PGA National Golf Academy, Cuba”, “PGA Golf Course”, “PGA Village, Cuba”, “PGA Academy Course”, “PGA Golf Academy” and “PGA Resort Course”.
One of the new Cuba resorts will include a golf course and condominiums and will be developed in Jibacoa; a fishing village in the Havana province situated about 60km east of the island’s capital city.
As the Cuban government looks set to approve the development of 16 golf course condominium projects, Leisure Canada’s agreement with the PGA couldn’t have come at a better time, as the Caribbean island sees a golf-related construction boom.
Leisure Canada Chairman, Ned Goodman, said: “With the PGA, we have found the ideal partner to develop the game of golf in Cuba alongside our development projects.”
Guy Moran, head of property and development for the PGA, added: “Working together with the Cuban government and the people of Cuba, we hope to further develop the game of golf in the country for the benefit of tourists and Cubans alike.”
The PGA was established in 1901 and is the world’s oldest professional golfers’ association. The association manages approximately 1,000 golf event days each year and the new agreement will enable golfing enthusiasts to enjoy the game during their holidays in Cuba.
The Caribbean island is likely to see an increase in American golfers planning their holidays to Cuba as President Obama’s administration eased restrictions on Cuba travel for American residents earlier this year who are planning to visit the island for cultural, religious, academic, or educational purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- The perfect 5* multi centre - mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury adults-only all-suite hotel Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Havana has to offer
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...