Leisure Canada Signs Agreement with PGA for Cuba Golf Resorts
Golfing enthusiasts will be able to enjoy more golfing activities during their Cuba holidays as Leisure Canada signs an agreement with the UK-based Professional Golfers Association Ltd for the licencing of the development of golf courses and resorts.
The Professional Golfers Association has granted resort developer, Leisure Canada, an exclusive licence so that it can develop golf courses and resorts for golfing Cuba holidays.
Toronto-based Leisure Canada signed the long-term agreement with the United Kingdom-based PGA which allows Leisure Canada to use PGA’s brand across its development of three new luxury Cuba hotels within new golf resorts.
Leisure Canada will develop golf facilities under the prestigious PGA brand including “PGA National, Cuba”, “PGA National Golf Course, Cuba”, “PGA National Golf Academy, Cuba”, “PGA Golf Course”, “PGA Village, Cuba”, “PGA Academy Course”, “PGA Golf Academy” and “PGA Resort Course”.
One of the new Cuba resorts will include a golf course and condominiums and will be developed in Jibacoa; a fishing village in the Havana province situated about 60km east of the island’s capital city.
As the Cuban government looks set to approve the development of 16 golf course condominium projects, Leisure Canada’s agreement with the PGA couldn’t have come at a better time, as the Caribbean island sees a golf-related construction boom.
Leisure Canada Chairman, Ned Goodman, said: “With the PGA, we have found the ideal partner to develop the game of golf in Cuba alongside our development projects.”
Guy Moran, head of property and development for the PGA, added: “Working together with the Cuban government and the people of Cuba, we hope to further develop the game of golf in the country for the benefit of tourists and Cubans alike.”
The PGA was established in 1901 and is the world’s oldest professional golfers’ association. The association manages approximately 1,000 golf event days each year and the new agreement will enable golfing enthusiasts to enjoy the game during their holidays in Cuba.
The Caribbean island is likely to see an increase in American golfers planning their holidays to Cuba as President Obama’s administration eased restrictions on Cuba travel for American residents earlier this year who are planning to visit the island for cultural, religious, academic, or educational purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...