Leisure Canada Signs Agreement with PGA for Cuba Golf Resorts
Golfing enthusiasts will be able to enjoy more golfing activities during their Cuba holidays as Leisure Canada signs an agreement with the UK-based Professional Golfers Association Ltd for the licencing of the development of golf courses and resorts.
The Professional Golfers Association has granted resort developer, Leisure Canada, an exclusive licence so that it can develop golf courses and resorts for golfing Cuba holidays.
Toronto-based Leisure Canada signed the long-term agreement with the United Kingdom-based PGA which allows Leisure Canada to use PGA’s brand across its development of three new luxury Cuba hotels within new golf resorts.
Leisure Canada will develop golf facilities under the prestigious PGA brand including “PGA National, Cuba”, “PGA National Golf Course, Cuba”, “PGA National Golf Academy, Cuba”, “PGA Golf Course”, “PGA Village, Cuba”, “PGA Academy Course”, “PGA Golf Academy” and “PGA Resort Course”.
One of the new Cuba resorts will include a golf course and condominiums and will be developed in Jibacoa; a fishing village in the Havana province situated about 60km east of the island’s capital city.
As the Cuban government looks set to approve the development of 16 golf course condominium projects, Leisure Canada’s agreement with the PGA couldn’t have come at a better time, as the Caribbean island sees a golf-related construction boom.
Leisure Canada Chairman, Ned Goodman, said: “With the PGA, we have found the ideal partner to develop the game of golf in Cuba alongside our development projects.”
Guy Moran, head of property and development for the PGA, added: “Working together with the Cuban government and the people of Cuba, we hope to further develop the game of golf in the country for the benefit of tourists and Cubans alike.”
The PGA was established in 1901 and is the world’s oldest professional golfers’ association. The association manages approximately 1,000 golf event days each year and the new agreement will enable golfing enthusiasts to enjoy the game during their holidays in Cuba.
The Caribbean island is likely to see an increase in American golfers planning their holidays to Cuba as President Obama’s administration eased restrictions on Cuba travel for American residents earlier this year who are planning to visit the island for cultural, religious, academic, or educational purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...