New Tourism Minister Confident that Egypt Holidays are Back in Business
The newly-appointed Tourism Minister of Egypt spoke of the country's determination to restore the Egypt holidays industry as he attended a press conference of the UN World Tourism Organisation at ITB Berlin earlier this month.
After a gruelling start to the New Year, Egypt holidays and the country’s tourism are back in business according to the newly-appointed Tourism Minister.
Egypt Tourism Minister Mounir Abdul Nour, spoke at the press conference of the UN World Tourism Organization, which took place at ITB Berlin on 10th March, 2011.
The new Tourism Minister said: “I am delighted to be amongst all of you here in Great Berlin. As you know, I have assumed my new responsibilities as the tourism minister of Egypt only a couple of weeks ago. I have to admit that I am extremely lucky that my first trip abroad in this capacity is to attend the ITB, this vibrant meeting place of the tourism industry which gives the unique opportunity to meet you, the world leaders of the travel industry.
“My presence in Berlin at this juncture is extremely important with undergoing profound changes in its political regime, following the peaceful revolution by its youth and supported by the whole nation. You would agree with me that the timing could not be more opportune since it allows me to explain and to put events that are magnified or exaggerated sometimes, in their proper context and perspective.”
He said that over the past few days, Egypt has started the road to recovery as charter planes are once again bringing travellers across for their Egypt holidays to popular holiday resorts such as Sharm el Sheik and Luxor, and Egypt hotels are seeing a rise in occupancy levels once again.
He commented: “Let there be no doubt that we are committed to further develop out tourism infrastructure and to extend our partners - the tour operators, the airlines, the tour agencies, the tour guides and all the stakeholders who participate and cooperate to build up the sector.”
Last year, the country saw 14.7 million tourists taking holidays to Egypt, a 17 per cent increase on figures compared to 2009.
Mr Abdul Nour added: “We hope we will be able to achieve these figures in 2011 despite the results for the first quarter.”
He then assured attendees of conference that that Egypt is “determined to do whatever it takes to regain the confidence of the travellers. We will advertise, communicate, visit, give incentives, we will preserve and defend to keep [Egypt] a golden destination for tourists.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort nestles into a dramatic headland overlooking the Ras Mohammed National Park. This...