Seychelles Holidays Receiving Financial Contribution for Island's Carnival
A number of committed businesses are working alongside many private individuals to provide funding for the 2011 Carnival International de Victoria which will offer entertainment for both local residents and tourists on Seychelles holidays.
Business which specialise in the Seychelles holidays sector and private individuals have been coming forward to offer their financial support for the 2011 Seychelles Carnival International de Victoria.
The carnival is expected to be one of the largest events staged in the Seychelles and will be taking place from 4th to 6th March 2011. The entertainment program will provide plenty of fun activities for tourists enjoying holiday in Seychelles including international food stalls, all night parties, live performances from local and international bands, and the carnival procession.
The CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board, Alain St. Ange, said: “It has been so good to see tourism industry players come forward with financial contributions and say that they want the event to succeed because the end result of more visibility for Seychelles will benefit not only the country as a whole, but the tourism related businesses in the first place.”
The island nation is dependent on its tourism industry which is the pillar of the economy and the support from Seychelles hotels and Seychelles resorts has been welcomed by the tourism board CEO.
“Everyone in the country has a duty to protect and to defend the islands tourism industry. To have something to protect and to defend, we need to have an industry that has been consolidated and that is working. This is why the Seychelles Tourism Board has put so much effort to increase visibility for the islands and is now going even further by entering the world of carnivals,” explained Mr St. Ange.
Last week, one generous couple came forward to offer their financial support towards the carnival. Holbert and Charline Jean, owners of the Count and Read Day Care Centre, donated a sponsorship cheque to the Seychelles Tourism Board.
Upon receiving the cheque Mr St.Ange commented: “It is so nice and touching that a couple like you would come forward and personally donate towards the carnival. You are indeed an example to others, and I want to take my hat off to you for showing that you not only care, but that you want this Seychelles event to be successful.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Unwind in the warm crystal waters of Seychelles at castello beach hotel
- Revel in a year round all-suite romantic retreat
- Perfectly positioned on a wonderful beach along Anse Kerlan coastline
- Enjoy fantastic sailing, snorkelling and swimming in crystal clear waters
Indulge yourself at the long white beaches in Seychelles before exploring the cultural highlights of Abu Dhabi
- Great savings on this combination
- Stunning beaches and excellent luxury hotels in both destinations
- Relax at the paradise in Seychelles before exploring the highlights of Abu Dhabi in just one trip
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Perfectly positioned on a wonderful beach along Anse Kerlan' coastline the Castello Beach Hotel is an all-year-round...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....