Seychelles Holidays Receiving Financial Contribution for Island's Carnival
A number of committed businesses are working alongside many private individuals to provide funding for the 2011 Carnival International de Victoria which will offer entertainment for both local residents and tourists on Seychelles holidays.
Business which specialise in the Seychelles holidays sector and private individuals have been coming forward to offer their financial support for the 2011 Seychelles Carnival International de Victoria.
The carnival is expected to be one of the largest events staged in the Seychelles and will be taking place from 4th to 6th March 2011. The entertainment program will provide plenty of fun activities for tourists enjoying holiday in Seychelles including international food stalls, all night parties, live performances from local and international bands, and the carnival procession.
The CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board, Alain St. Ange, said: “It has been so good to see tourism industry players come forward with financial contributions and say that they want the event to succeed because the end result of more visibility for Seychelles will benefit not only the country as a whole, but the tourism related businesses in the first place.”
The island nation is dependent on its tourism industry which is the pillar of the economy and the support from Seychelles hotels and Seychelles resorts has been welcomed by the tourism board CEO.
“Everyone in the country has a duty to protect and to defend the islands tourism industry. To have something to protect and to defend, we need to have an industry that has been consolidated and that is working. This is why the Seychelles Tourism Board has put so much effort to increase visibility for the islands and is now going even further by entering the world of carnivals,” explained Mr St. Ange.
Last week, one generous couple came forward to offer their financial support towards the carnival. Holbert and Charline Jean, owners of the Count and Read Day Care Centre, donated a sponsorship cheque to the Seychelles Tourism Board.
Upon receiving the cheque Mr St.Ange commented: “It is so nice and touching that a couple like you would come forward and personally donate towards the carnival. You are indeed an example to others, and I want to take my hat off to you for showing that you not only care, but that you want this Seychelles event to be successful.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed&Breakfast to Half Board
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Stay at the first and most legendary resort in the Seychelles, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove at Beau Vallon Bay and enjoy a taste of exotica
- Enjoy a couples resort where you can enjoy the relaxtion of the resort and pamper yourself at the Zen Spa
- Discover the incredible flavours of creole cuisine
- Revel in colonial surrounds, as the first hotel in Seychelles built in 1943 boasting orginal architecture
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...