St Lucia Holidays Welcome Caribbean Airline's New Flight Plans
Tourists enjoying their St. Lucia holidays will be able to choose from more domestic airlines to explore the region as plans are underway for Caribbean Airline to start a new commuter service which will provide more intra-regional routes.
The St. Lucia government has welcomed news that Caribbean Airline will be expanding its routes to serve the intra-regional travel sector, which will provide more options for tourists taking holidays to St. Lucia.
The airline announced that plans are underway for the Trinidad and Tobago airline to start a regional commuter service which will offer routes for holidaymakers on St. Lucia holidays to and from the Caribbean island.
St. Lucia received a record-breaking number of tourists staying at St. Lucia hotels and St. Lucia resorts last year and the island is currently developing Hewanorra International Airport situated in the south of the island so that it offers major connections to and from its sister islands of Martinique, Dominica, Grenada and St Vincent, as well as non-stop routes to New York, London, Atlanta, Toronto, Paris, Frankfurt and Miami.
Senator Allen Chastanet said welcomed the airline’s news, saying: “For the last three years, we have invested significant marketing resources into all of our major markets, but the intra-Caribbean market has not kept pace with the record growth we have experienced in the US and Canada for example.
"We are committed to welcoming as many new airlines to the destination as possible because where we have increased seat capacity, we have seen competitive air fares, strong demand and growth," the minister added, announcing that talks with Caribbean Airlines will recommence as soon as possible.”
He added "We have been in discussions with Caribbean Airlines for many years and we were one of the first destinations to let them know that we are anxious for them to recommence services to Saint Lucia."
The government has also improved its transit policies so that anyone transiting Saint Lucia within 24 hours can do so without paying departure taxes or in-transit fees.
Senator Chastanet also revealed that the government is holding talks with CARICOM Airways to discuss the future of flights which will accommodate travellers on holidays in St. Lucia from U.S and UK markets, plus American Eagle who are looking to commence routes between Barbados and Saint Lucia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia expericne
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...