St Lucia Holidays Welcome Caribbean Airline's New Flight Plans
Tourists enjoying their St. Lucia holidays will be able to choose from more domestic airlines to explore the region as plans are underway for Caribbean Airline to start a new commuter service which will provide more intra-regional routes.
The St. Lucia government has welcomed news that Caribbean Airline will be expanding its routes to serve the intra-regional travel sector, which will provide more options for tourists taking holidays to St. Lucia.
The airline announced that plans are underway for the Trinidad and Tobago airline to start a regional commuter service which will offer routes for holidaymakers on St. Lucia holidays to and from the Caribbean island.
St. Lucia received a record-breaking number of tourists staying at St. Lucia hotels and St. Lucia resorts last year and the island is currently developing Hewanorra International Airport situated in the south of the island so that it offers major connections to and from its sister islands of Martinique, Dominica, Grenada and St Vincent, as well as non-stop routes to New York, London, Atlanta, Toronto, Paris, Frankfurt and Miami.
Senator Allen Chastanet said welcomed the airline’s news, saying: “For the last three years, we have invested significant marketing resources into all of our major markets, but the intra-Caribbean market has not kept pace with the record growth we have experienced in the US and Canada for example.
"We are committed to welcoming as many new airlines to the destination as possible because where we have increased seat capacity, we have seen competitive air fares, strong demand and growth," the minister added, announcing that talks with Caribbean Airlines will recommence as soon as possible.”
He added "We have been in discussions with Caribbean Airlines for many years and we were one of the first destinations to let them know that we are anxious for them to recommence services to Saint Lucia."
The government has also improved its transit policies so that anyone transiting Saint Lucia within 24 hours can do so without paying departure taxes or in-transit fees.
Senator Chastanet also revealed that the government is holding talks with CARICOM Airways to discuss the future of flights which will accommodate travellers on holidays in St. Lucia from U.S and UK markets, plus American Eagle who are looking to commence routes between Barbados and Saint Lucia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Go for an all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save a fantastic 60%!! and book a Deluxe Garden View Splash and Get a Free Upgrade to Deluxe Ocean View Splash
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Guests will be delighted by this couples only resort, set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Book a standard coach transfer and get a FREE Upgrade to a Private Transfer - Must book before 25th October 2016
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Complimentary DOUBLE Room upgrade available when staying in a Verandah Suite
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Spoil yourself with eight days of limitless sun and sand on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. One of its brightest...