St Lucia Holidays Welcome Caribbean Airline's New Flight Plans
Tourists enjoying their St. Lucia holidays will be able to choose from more domestic airlines to explore the region as plans are underway for Caribbean Airline to start a new commuter service which will provide more intra-regional routes.
The St. Lucia government has welcomed news that Caribbean Airline will be expanding its routes to serve the intra-regional travel sector, which will provide more options for tourists taking holidays to St. Lucia.
The airline announced that plans are underway for the Trinidad and Tobago airline to start a regional commuter service which will offer routes for holidaymakers on St. Lucia holidays to and from the Caribbean island.
St. Lucia received a record-breaking number of tourists staying at St. Lucia hotels and St. Lucia resorts last year and the island is currently developing Hewanorra International Airport situated in the south of the island so that it offers major connections to and from its sister islands of Martinique, Dominica, Grenada and St Vincent, as well as non-stop routes to New York, London, Atlanta, Toronto, Paris, Frankfurt and Miami.
Senator Allen Chastanet said welcomed the airline’s news, saying: “For the last three years, we have invested significant marketing resources into all of our major markets, but the intra-Caribbean market has not kept pace with the record growth we have experienced in the US and Canada for example.
"We are committed to welcoming as many new airlines to the destination as possible because where we have increased seat capacity, we have seen competitive air fares, strong demand and growth," the minister added, announcing that talks with Caribbean Airlines will recommence as soon as possible.”
He added "We have been in discussions with Caribbean Airlines for many years and we were one of the first destinations to let them know that we are anxious for them to recommence services to Saint Lucia."
The government has also improved its transit policies so that anyone transiting Saint Lucia within 24 hours can do so without paying departure taxes or in-transit fees.
Senator Chastanet also revealed that the government is holding talks with CARICOM Airways to discuss the future of flights which will accommodate travellers on holidays in St. Lucia from U.S and UK markets, plus American Eagle who are looking to commence routes between Barbados and Saint Lucia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...