St Lucia Holidays Welcome Caribbean Airline's New Flight Plans
Tourists enjoying their St. Lucia holidays will be able to choose from more domestic airlines to explore the region as plans are underway for Caribbean Airline to start a new commuter service which will provide more intra-regional routes.
The St. Lucia government has welcomed news that Caribbean Airline will be expanding its routes to serve the intra-regional travel sector, which will provide more options for tourists taking holidays to St. Lucia.
The airline announced that plans are underway for the Trinidad and Tobago airline to start a regional commuter service which will offer routes for holidaymakers on St. Lucia holidays to and from the Caribbean island.
St. Lucia received a record-breaking number of tourists staying at St. Lucia hotels and St. Lucia resorts last year and the island is currently developing Hewanorra International Airport situated in the south of the island so that it offers major connections to and from its sister islands of Martinique, Dominica, Grenada and St Vincent, as well as non-stop routes to New York, London, Atlanta, Toronto, Paris, Frankfurt and Miami.
Senator Allen Chastanet said welcomed the airline’s news, saying: “For the last three years, we have invested significant marketing resources into all of our major markets, but the intra-Caribbean market has not kept pace with the record growth we have experienced in the US and Canada for example.
"We are committed to welcoming as many new airlines to the destination as possible because where we have increased seat capacity, we have seen competitive air fares, strong demand and growth," the minister added, announcing that talks with Caribbean Airlines will recommence as soon as possible.”
He added "We have been in discussions with Caribbean Airlines for many years and we were one of the first destinations to let them know that we are anxious for them to recommence services to Saint Lucia."
The government has also improved its transit policies so that anyone transiting Saint Lucia within 24 hours can do so without paying departure taxes or in-transit fees.
Senator Chastanet also revealed that the government is holding talks with CARICOM Airways to discuss the future of flights which will accommodate travellers on holidays in St. Lucia from U.S and UK markets, plus American Eagle who are looking to commence routes between Barbados and Saint Lucia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- Summer Sale with incredible savings of upto 45% in all room types until 3rd January 2019
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Two Kids (4-12 years) stay and eat free
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its breathtaking views and its golden sand
- Book 7 nights and get US$150 Resort Credit per room category per stay
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Two Worlds in One - 85 Acre resort with an adults section and family section complete with St Lucia's only water park
- $1000 worth of complimentary resort credit to be used in resort on Spa treatments, upgrades and more
- Save up to a fantastic 60% plus up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
- The Red Lane Spa® offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...