St Lucia Holidays Welcome Caribbean Airline's New Flight Plans
Tourists enjoying their St. Lucia holidays will be able to choose from more domestic airlines to explore the region as plans are underway for Caribbean Airline to start a new commuter service which will provide more intra-regional routes.
The St. Lucia government has welcomed news that Caribbean Airline will be expanding its routes to serve the intra-regional travel sector, which will provide more options for tourists taking holidays to St. Lucia.
The airline announced that plans are underway for the Trinidad and Tobago airline to start a regional commuter service which will offer routes for holidaymakers on St. Lucia holidays to and from the Caribbean island.
St. Lucia received a record-breaking number of tourists staying at St. Lucia hotels and St. Lucia resorts last year and the island is currently developing Hewanorra International Airport situated in the south of the island so that it offers major connections to and from its sister islands of Martinique, Dominica, Grenada and St Vincent, as well as non-stop routes to New York, London, Atlanta, Toronto, Paris, Frankfurt and Miami.
Senator Allen Chastanet said welcomed the airline’s news, saying: “For the last three years, we have invested significant marketing resources into all of our major markets, but the intra-Caribbean market has not kept pace with the record growth we have experienced in the US and Canada for example.
"We are committed to welcoming as many new airlines to the destination as possible because where we have increased seat capacity, we have seen competitive air fares, strong demand and growth," the minister added, announcing that talks with Caribbean Airlines will recommence as soon as possible.”
He added "We have been in discussions with Caribbean Airlines for many years and we were one of the first destinations to let them know that we are anxious for them to recommence services to Saint Lucia."
The government has also improved its transit policies so that anyone transiting Saint Lucia within 24 hours can do so without paying departure taxes or in-transit fees.
Senator Chastanet also revealed that the government is holding talks with CARICOM Airways to discuss the future of flights which will accommodate travellers on holidays in St. Lucia from U.S and UK markets, plus American Eagle who are looking to commence routes between Barbados and Saint Lucia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway staying on the stunning beachfront of Reduit Beach, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Complimentary Hi-Speed internet access in rooms and free Wi-Fi in all public areas including the beach
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 1 Child stays and eats FREE in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay FREE in a Family Suite
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...