Cuba Holidays and Mexico Holidays Give Boost to Travelzest
The holiday firm Travelzest has announced that they are forecasting a double-digit growth in the number of tourists booking Mexico and Cuba holidays this summer just like their winter bookings which were up by 15 per cent.
Bookings for Cuba holidays and Mexico holidays are seeing a double-digit growth this summer for one travel company, Travelzest.
The firm has already seen a 15 per cent increase in the number of travellers booking holidays in Cuba and Mexico and they are forecasting a similar growth for their winter figures.
Travelzest specialises in providing luxury holidays under brands which include The Wow House Company, The Best of Morocco and Faraway Holidays. The company also owns Peng Travel, the UK’s largest holiday operator for naturists and a number of boutique brands offering luxury escapes including Cancun holidays, rural breaks to French cottages, and trips to far flung destinations in the Far East.
Travelzest’s Chief Financial Officer, Jack Fraser, explained: “Winter bookings showed double digit growth in our last trading update, and we're expecting something similar for the summer.”
The rise in Cuba travel has been helped along by the company’s operations in North America due to Canada’s improved economy which is generating more business but sales in the UK, Mexico, Turkey and Cuba are also improving.
Travelzest has restructured its operations and has now combined its five offices in the UK to just one based in Cheltenham in Gloucestershire.
The recent political riots in Egypt do not seem to have had a significant impact on the Egypt holidays which are offered by Travelzest’s brand Tapestry but the company’s Chief Executive, Jonathan Carroll, said they were “watching the situation”.
Travelzest reported an 11 per cent increase in operating profits to £6.1 million and a 14 per cent rise in revenues to £42.8 million.
The company’s Captivating Cuba brand provides a range of exciting activities and excursions for holidaymakers enjoying Cuba holidays including treks across the Caribbean island, tours of the island’s historical capital city Havana, and beach retreats to the popular resort of Varadero.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...