Abu Dhabi Plans to Attract 2million Hotel Guests in 2011
The Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA) has revealed that the emirate is looking to attract two million travellers on Abu Dhabi holidays to stay in the city's hotels this year, a strong increase on the 1.81 million hotel guests recorded in 2010.
The United Arab Emirate of Abu Dhabi has set a target of two million visitors taking Abu Dhabi holidays within the city’s hotel in 2011.
According to the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA), this year the city is hoping to increase last year’s 1.81 million recorded guests who stayed in 116 Abu Dhabi hotels and hotel apartments.
In 2010 the number of guests staying in luxury hotel in Abu Dhabi increased by 18 per cent in comparison to the previous year, with an eight per cent increase above the original target.
Director-General of Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority, Mubarak Al Muhairi, explained: "The stretch target will require a 10.5 per cent rise in hotel guest numbers on 2010, with the Authority urging industry stakeholders to focus on creative destination packaging and strengthening distribution to achieve the ambitious goal.
"Our destination rose superbly to the challenge in 2010 and we believe we can do it again. We have our work cut out for us with another 4,000 plus rooms, in both business and leisure hotels and resorts, due on line this year adding to our existing room stock of 18,844."
Al Muhairi said that the five-year plan to have 25,000 hotel rooms by the end of 2012, attracting 2.7 million visitors on Abu Dhabi holidays is on track.
He added: "Our job is to promote the destination and the answer is yes."
This year ADTA will be concentrating on tourism sector including golf, educational events, cultural and heritage sites to attract more visitors to the emirate.
"We will invest in these sectors and address all components of the value chain, extending a range of incentives to our partners and tour operators worldwide," he said. "These are all segments where we now have significant resources, the product to satisfy demand and to differentiate ourselves."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Combine stunning luxury with the entertainment attractions on Yas Island
- Free shuttle service to all attractions on Yas Island
- Click through and upgrade to a room including access to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld inclusive
- free room upgrade to the next category - book before 31st October 2016
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Enjoy golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Free Half Board Included in this amazing offer
Indulge yourself in endless luxury at the fabulous Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal
- fabulous location in the heart of Abu Dhabi with great views of Abu Dhabi's landmark the mosque
- one of the best kids clubs in Abu Dhabi
- amazing culinary experience with 10 restaurants to choose from
Experience the excitiment of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Get away from all your concerns and enjoy a tranquil 4-day stay at the luxurious Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers whilst you...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...
This 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi city centre is located on a private lagoon within walking distance of business and...
The Beach Rotana Hotel is set on a pristine stretch of white beach on the shores of the Arabian Sea. Located in the...