Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel launches new Saray Spa Brand
Dubai luxury hotel, the Dubai Marriott Harbour, has launched an exclusive new spa brand, Saray Spa, which will use Arabic ingredients and will cater towards a large proportion of male guests staying at hotels across Africa and the Middle East.
A Dubai luxury hotel has launched a new spa brand, Saray Spa, which will be introduced across Marriott hotels across the Middle East and Africa over the next four years.
The Dubai Marriott Harbour has launched the new spa brand which will feature Arabic ingredients within its range of treatments and will cater towards a large percentage of male guests on Dubai holidays at the hotel.
Vice President of Global Spa at Marriott, Sharilyn Abbajay, said: "We are very excited to introduce Saray to Marriott's growing spa portfolio.
"Our hotels worldwide now have an option of incorporating a spa that is culturally relevant and unique into their guests' visit. The heart of Saray features the traditional Hammam, which for centuries have been used in the region as gathering places to cleanse and nurture.
"In today's fast paced and interconnected society that constantly overloads us with information and activities, you sometimes need to unplug and take a minute to reconnect with yourself," explained Abbajay. "Saray brings back wonderful ancient remedies to help regain that calm."
"Over the past 10 years, the number of men using spas has moved from 5% to 30%, so 30% of your guests now are men. You want the environment to make everyone feel comfortable, and I will speak for Saray - it is a neutral environment which both genders would feel very comfortable in."
The new Saray Spas brand was officially launched at the Dubai luxury hotel on 1st February 2011 and is designed to appeal to local residents and tourists enjoying relaxation holidays.
The spas will feature Arabic-themed decor and design and the treatments will focus on Middle Easters rituals using locally-sourced products and ingredients. These include minerals and muds from the Dead Sea (the saltiest ocean in the world), combined with of honey, yogurt and pomegranate, sandalwood and mint. The treatments include traditional Hammam bathing rituals, Silk Road massages and an "Arabic coffee awakener".
Marriott will be launching the new spa brand at another Dubai hotel and properties in Libya and Qatar in the near future and if successful, the brand could be available at Marriott properties across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
For an affordable luxury holiday on Dubai's iconic The Palm, head for Sofitel and take the whole family with you, they'll love it
- Boasting a Roof Top Swimming Pool
- Free high-speed internet and wifi
- Located by the famous Jumeirah Marina and close to shops, restaurants, bars and the Emirates Shopping Mall
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
The palatial design is just the start of this luxury resort, a perfect place to escape from the dark, cold winters.
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
- FREE half board upgrade
- Fully rejuvenate with an authentic Ottoman Spa that extends over 8,000 sq. metres and features 42 individual spa rooms and suites, as well as indoor swimming pool and Turkish Hammans
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...