Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel launches new Saray Spa Brand
Dubai luxury hotel, the Dubai Marriott Harbour, has launched an exclusive new spa brand, Saray Spa, which will use Arabic ingredients and will cater towards a large proportion of male guests staying at hotels across Africa and the Middle East.
A Dubai luxury hotel has launched a new spa brand, Saray Spa, which will be introduced across Marriott hotels across the Middle East and Africa over the next four years.
The Dubai Marriott Harbour has launched the new spa brand which will feature Arabic ingredients within its range of treatments and will cater towards a large percentage of male guests on Dubai holidays at the hotel.
Vice President of Global Spa at Marriott, Sharilyn Abbajay, said: "We are very excited to introduce Saray to Marriott's growing spa portfolio.
"Our hotels worldwide now have an option of incorporating a spa that is culturally relevant and unique into their guests' visit. The heart of Saray features the traditional Hammam, which for centuries have been used in the region as gathering places to cleanse and nurture.
"In today's fast paced and interconnected society that constantly overloads us with information and activities, you sometimes need to unplug and take a minute to reconnect with yourself," explained Abbajay. "Saray brings back wonderful ancient remedies to help regain that calm."
"Over the past 10 years, the number of men using spas has moved from 5% to 30%, so 30% of your guests now are men. You want the environment to make everyone feel comfortable, and I will speak for Saray - it is a neutral environment which both genders would feel very comfortable in."
The new Saray Spas brand was officially launched at the Dubai luxury hotel on 1st February 2011 and is designed to appeal to local residents and tourists enjoying relaxation holidays.
The spas will feature Arabic-themed decor and design and the treatments will focus on Middle Easters rituals using locally-sourced products and ingredients. These include minerals and muds from the Dead Sea (the saltiest ocean in the world), combined with of honey, yogurt and pomegranate, sandalwood and mint. The treatments include traditional Hammam bathing rituals, Silk Road massages and an "Arabic coffee awakener".
Marriott will be launching the new spa brand at another Dubai hotel and properties in Libya and Qatar in the near future and if successful, the brand could be available at Marriott properties across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
India is one of the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the colourful and vibrant cities...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...