Gran Caribe to modernise Cuba Hotels in 2011
The Cuban hotel group Gran Caribe is setting new challenges and goals this year as it plans to modernise several of its 4 star and 5 star hotels in Cuba, while developing plans to promote domestic tourism at its properties on an international scale.
Cuba's hotel group Gran Caribe is planning to modernise several of its 4 star and 5 star hotels in Cuba this year and promote the collection of luxury properties to further destinations.
Gran Caribe runs a number of 5 star hotels in Cuba offering more than 12,000 rooms across the Caribbean island in destinations such as Varadero, Havana, and Jardines del Rey keys.
Over 33 percent of the company's hotels in Havana are positioned by the sea or the coast and 44 percent of their properties are located on the beach. The hotel group administers 21 of its Cuba hotels and shares 24 properties with international companies including Sol Melia Cuba and Hoteles C.
The Cuban hotel chain is planning investments into its hotel infrastructure during 2011 which will provide more competitive facilities for travellers on Cuba holidays and offer tourists a product of excellence.
Sales Promotion Specialist for Gran Caribe Hotels, Miguel Garcia, has announced that 20 of the group's 4 star and 5 star hotels in Cuba will be refurbished this year. These properties include Nacional de Cuba Hotel, Habana Riviera, Tryp Habana Libre, Barcelo Solymar, Sol Caya Coco, Mercure Playa de Oro, and Melia Cayo Guillermo.
Diana Olivera, Sales Director of Gran Caribe Hotels, said that the company is keen to strengthen its offers to domestic travellers with the creation of new packages and tourist programs including the increased availability of venues for weddings, receptions, anniversaries, and birthday events.
Garcia stated that Gran Caribe will also take on the management of the Salon Rojo nightclub at the Capri Hotel in Havana which is under refurbishment and is scheduled to open in May 2011.
The hotel chain currently operates 45 hotels in Cuba's most beautiful locations. The majority of its guests originate from Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy and Argentina but the group are keen to attract more tourists from emerging markets such as Russia, Brazil, the Netherlands, Columbia, Venezuela and Belgium.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...