Gran Caribe to modernise Cuba Hotels in 2011
The Cuban hotel group Gran Caribe is setting new challenges and goals this year as it plans to modernise several of its 4 star and 5 star hotels in Cuba, while developing plans to promote domestic tourism at its properties on an international scale.
Cuba's hotel group Gran Caribe is planning to modernise several of its 4 star and 5 star hotels in Cuba this year and promote the collection of luxury properties to further destinations.
Gran Caribe runs a number of 5 star hotels in Cuba offering more than 12,000 rooms across the Caribbean island in destinations such as Varadero, Havana, and Jardines del Rey keys.
Over 33 percent of the company's hotels in Havana are positioned by the sea or the coast and 44 percent of their properties are located on the beach. The hotel group administers 21 of its Cuba hotels and shares 24 properties with international companies including Sol Melia Cuba and Hoteles C.
The Cuban hotel chain is planning investments into its hotel infrastructure during 2011 which will provide more competitive facilities for travellers on Cuba holidays and offer tourists a product of excellence.
Sales Promotion Specialist for Gran Caribe Hotels, Miguel Garcia, has announced that 20 of the group's 4 star and 5 star hotels in Cuba will be refurbished this year. These properties include Nacional de Cuba Hotel, Habana Riviera, Tryp Habana Libre, Barcelo Solymar, Sol Caya Coco, Mercure Playa de Oro, and Melia Cayo Guillermo.
Diana Olivera, Sales Director of Gran Caribe Hotels, said that the company is keen to strengthen its offers to domestic travellers with the creation of new packages and tourist programs including the increased availability of venues for weddings, receptions, anniversaries, and birthday events.
Garcia stated that Gran Caribe will also take on the management of the Salon Rojo nightclub at the Capri Hotel in Havana which is under refurbishment and is scheduled to open in May 2011.
The hotel chain currently operates 45 hotels in Cuba's most beautiful locations. The majority of its guests originate from Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy and Argentina but the group are keen to attract more tourists from emerging markets such as Russia, Brazil, the Netherlands, Columbia, Venezuela and Belgium.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...