Gran Caribe to modernise Cuba Hotels in 2011
The Cuban hotel group Gran Caribe is setting new challenges and goals this year as it plans to modernise several of its 4 star and 5 star hotels in Cuba, while developing plans to promote domestic tourism at its properties on an international scale.
Cuba's hotel group Gran Caribe is planning to modernise several of its 4 star and 5 star hotels in Cuba this year and promote the collection of luxury properties to further destinations.
Gran Caribe runs a number of 5 star hotels in Cuba offering more than 12,000 rooms across the Caribbean island in destinations such as Varadero, Havana, and Jardines del Rey keys.
Over 33 percent of the company's hotels in Havana are positioned by the sea or the coast and 44 percent of their properties are located on the beach. The hotel group administers 21 of its Cuba hotels and shares 24 properties with international companies including Sol Melia Cuba and Hoteles C.
The Cuban hotel chain is planning investments into its hotel infrastructure during 2011 which will provide more competitive facilities for travellers on Cuba holidays and offer tourists a product of excellence.
Sales Promotion Specialist for Gran Caribe Hotels, Miguel Garcia, has announced that 20 of the group's 4 star and 5 star hotels in Cuba will be refurbished this year. These properties include Nacional de Cuba Hotel, Habana Riviera, Tryp Habana Libre, Barcelo Solymar, Sol Caya Coco, Mercure Playa de Oro, and Melia Cayo Guillermo.
Diana Olivera, Sales Director of Gran Caribe Hotels, said that the company is keen to strengthen its offers to domestic travellers with the creation of new packages and tourist programs including the increased availability of venues for weddings, receptions, anniversaries, and birthday events.
Garcia stated that Gran Caribe will also take on the management of the Salon Rojo nightclub at the Capri Hotel in Havana which is under refurbishment and is scheduled to open in May 2011.
The hotel chain currently operates 45 hotels in Cuba's most beautiful locations. The majority of its guests originate from Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy and Argentina but the group are keen to attract more tourists from emerging markets such as Russia, Brazil, the Netherlands, Columbia, Venezuela and Belgium.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...