Gran Caribe to modernise Cuba Hotels in 2011
The Cuban hotel group Gran Caribe is setting new challenges and goals this year as it plans to modernise several of its 4 star and 5 star hotels in Cuba, while developing plans to promote domestic tourism at its properties on an international scale.
Cuba's hotel group Gran Caribe is planning to modernise several of its 4 star and 5 star hotels in Cuba this year and promote the collection of luxury properties to further destinations.
Gran Caribe runs a number of 5 star hotels in Cuba offering more than 12,000 rooms across the Caribbean island in destinations such as Varadero, Havana, and Jardines del Rey keys.
Over 33 percent of the company's hotels in Havana are positioned by the sea or the coast and 44 percent of their properties are located on the beach. The hotel group administers 21 of its Cuba hotels and shares 24 properties with international companies including Sol Melia Cuba and Hoteles C.
The Cuban hotel chain is planning investments into its hotel infrastructure during 2011 which will provide more competitive facilities for travellers on Cuba holidays and offer tourists a product of excellence.
Sales Promotion Specialist for Gran Caribe Hotels, Miguel Garcia, has announced that 20 of the group's 4 star and 5 star hotels in Cuba will be refurbished this year. These properties include Nacional de Cuba Hotel, Habana Riviera, Tryp Habana Libre, Barcelo Solymar, Sol Caya Coco, Mercure Playa de Oro, and Melia Cayo Guillermo.
Diana Olivera, Sales Director of Gran Caribe Hotels, said that the company is keen to strengthen its offers to domestic travellers with the creation of new packages and tourist programs including the increased availability of venues for weddings, receptions, anniversaries, and birthday events.
Garcia stated that Gran Caribe will also take on the management of the Salon Rojo nightclub at the Capri Hotel in Havana which is under refurbishment and is scheduled to open in May 2011.
The hotel chain currently operates 45 hotels in Cuba's most beautiful locations. The majority of its guests originate from Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy and Argentina but the group are keen to attract more tourists from emerging markets such as Russia, Brazil, the Netherlands, Columbia, Venezuela and Belgium.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...