Abu Dhabi set to attract 1.9m hotel guests in 2011
The Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority is aiming to provide Abu Dhabi holidays for 1.9 million travellers across 22,000 hotel rooms in 2011, with a 15 percent rise on the target for the number of tourists who visited the emirate in 2010.
A target has been set in place by the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority for the number of travellers expected to take Abu Dhabi holidays in 2011.
The Strategy and Policy Director of the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority's (ADTA), Lawrence Franklin, said: "These targets will mean a 15 per cent rise on the 2010 hotel guest target, an increase of over 5,000 hotel rooms and a 0.4 per cent increase in overall non-oil GDP contribution."
Franklin added that the United Arab Emirate is looking to welcome attract more guests to book leisurely Abu Dhabi holidays.
"During 2011 we hope to shift the current business tourism dominated hotel guest profile to a more balanced business/leisure tourism split. We are confident we can achieve this because our leisure proposition has, and will, continue to grow.
"We have taken a major leap forward on the leisure scene with the recent opening of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the world's biggest indoor theme park. More intense focus on the leisure segment is in line with our strategy of increasing overall length of stay."
Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority is still collecting data to reveal the final statistics for the number of guests who stayed in Abu Dhabi hotels in 2010.
Franklin added: "However, it looks almost certain that the destination will have surpassed the 2010 target of 1.65 million guests as by the end of November - the figures had come within a whisker of that total."
In 2009, approximately 1.54 million guests stayed in hotels across Abu Dhabi, which was a significant increase to 960,000 tourists who visited the emirate in 2004.
The increase of luxury hotels in Abu Dhabi is expected to increase the number of visitors, plus a series of promotional activities which are scheduled to take place in Russia, Saud Arabia and the United States.
"We are looking for a wider geographic footprint, diversifying to complement our traditional Euro-centric markets with emerging source markets in line with evolving industry dynamics," added Franklin.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Combine stunning luxury with the entertainment attractions on Yas Island
- Free shuttle service to all attractions on Yas Island
- Click through and upgrade to a room including access to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld inclusive
- free room upgrade to the next category - book before 31st October 2016
Enjoy 5 star luxury in the city centre, laze on the hotel's private beach and pop downstairs to the capital's most renowned shopping mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall.
- Ranked within the Top 10 on Tripadvisor
- 9 Restaurants and 2 Cafes offering award winning cuisine plus Zen the Spa for various treatments
- In the heart of Abu Dhabi next to Abu Dhabi Mall
Experience the excitiment of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Camp
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Get away from all your concerns and enjoy a tranquil 4-day stay at the luxurious Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers whilst you...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...
Facing the Lulu Island and the Arabian Gulf, the stunning Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche is located in the one of the most...
The Beach Rotana Hotel is set on a pristine stretch of white beach on the shores of the Arabian Sea. Located in the...