Abu Dhabi set to attract 1.9m hotel guests in 2011
The Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority is aiming to provide Abu Dhabi holidays for 1.9 million travellers across 22,000 hotel rooms in 2011, with a 15 percent rise on the target for the number of tourists who visited the emirate in 2010.
A target has been set in place by the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority for the number of travellers expected to take Abu Dhabi holidays in 2011.
The Strategy and Policy Director of the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority's (ADTA), Lawrence Franklin, said: "These targets will mean a 15 per cent rise on the 2010 hotel guest target, an increase of over 5,000 hotel rooms and a 0.4 per cent increase in overall non-oil GDP contribution."
Franklin added that the United Arab Emirate is looking to welcome attract more guests to book leisurely Abu Dhabi holidays.
"During 2011 we hope to shift the current business tourism dominated hotel guest profile to a more balanced business/leisure tourism split. We are confident we can achieve this because our leisure proposition has, and will, continue to grow.
"We have taken a major leap forward on the leisure scene with the recent opening of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the world's biggest indoor theme park. More intense focus on the leisure segment is in line with our strategy of increasing overall length of stay."
Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority is still collecting data to reveal the final statistics for the number of guests who stayed in Abu Dhabi hotels in 2010.
Franklin added: "However, it looks almost certain that the destination will have surpassed the 2010 target of 1.65 million guests as by the end of November - the figures had come within a whisker of that total."
In 2009, approximately 1.54 million guests stayed in hotels across Abu Dhabi, which was a significant increase to 960,000 tourists who visited the emirate in 2004.
The increase of luxury hotels in Abu Dhabi is expected to increase the number of visitors, plus a series of promotional activities which are scheduled to take place in Russia, Saud Arabia and the United States.
"We are looking for a wider geographic footprint, diversifying to complement our traditional Euro-centric markets with emerging source markets in line with evolving industry dynamics," added Franklin.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Unwind and be pampered at a luxurious beachside retreat in the golden shores of the Arabian Gulf, on Abu Dhabi's Corniche.
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Upgrade your experience and book a room including tickets to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Direct connection to Al Raha Mall for the perfect shopping experience
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Taka advantage of the golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover two destination in one unforgettable holiday
- The award winning Hilton Abu Dhabi is conveniently located in the heart of the city, 30 minutes from the airport and close to the marina shopping mall
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
- Experience stunning views over the pure white sands and crystal clear ocean with your nearest and dearest
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...