Travelocity awards Costa Rica hotels with eco-friendly leaf
Travellers searching for green Costa Rica holidays can now find out which hotels are best as Travelocity awards its eco-friendly leaf to several Costa Rica hotels who have achieved the highest levels of the Certification for Sustainable Tourism (CST).
The travel service and provider giant, Travelocity, have awarded a number of Costa Rica hotels its desirable eco-friendly leaf because of their high levels of the Certification for Sustainable Tourism program.
The Certification for Sustainable Tourism (CST) program is a product of the Costa Rica Tourism Board (Instituto Costarricense de Turismo) and is designed to select companies and business within the tourism industry who meet certain levels of sustainability and natural, cultural and social resource management.
The eco-friendly leaf is awarded to hotels which have certified by a second or third party green hotel certification program where the standards work in line with Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria (GSTC).
On the Travelocity website, eco-friendly hotels are marked with an "eco-friendly hotel" leaf which is easy spot for travellers who are looking to book Costa Rica holidays. The leaf tag also allows travellers to compare the hotels by destination, locations within the country and price.
Deputy Manager and Director of Marketing for the Costa Rica Tourism Board, Maria Amalia Revelo, said: "Costa Rica is proud to offer these environmentally friendly hotels for the variety of different tourists that visit our beautiful country.
"We applaud Travelocity for creating this Green Hotel Directory that not only benefits travellers but also helps set a global example for sustainable tourism."
Alison Presley, manager of Travelocity's Travel for Good program, added: "Costa Rica is widely known as one of the top eco-tourism destinations in the world. We are excited to expand our eco-friendly hotel options in Costa Rica, thanks to our new relationship with CST."
Created in 1955, the Instituto Costarricense de Turismo is an independent institution which regulates tourism activities in Costa Rica and promotes attractions and locations across the country. The institution also provides regulations and grants for Costa Rica hotels, car hire companies, travel agencies and travel and tour providers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore Edit
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...