Travelocity awards Costa Rica hotels with eco-friendly leaf
Travellers searching for green Costa Rica holidays can now find out which hotels are best as Travelocity awards its eco-friendly leaf to several Costa Rica hotels who have achieved the highest levels of the Certification for Sustainable Tourism (CST).
The travel service and provider giant, Travelocity, have awarded a number of Costa Rica hotels its desirable eco-friendly leaf because of their high levels of the Certification for Sustainable Tourism program.
The Certification for Sustainable Tourism (CST) program is a product of the Costa Rica Tourism Board (Instituto Costarricense de Turismo) and is designed to select companies and business within the tourism industry who meet certain levels of sustainability and natural, cultural and social resource management.
The eco-friendly leaf is awarded to hotels which have certified by a second or third party green hotel certification program where the standards work in line with Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria (GSTC).
On the Travelocity website, eco-friendly hotels are marked with an "eco-friendly hotel" leaf which is easy spot for travellers who are looking to book Costa Rica holidays. The leaf tag also allows travellers to compare the hotels by destination, locations within the country and price.
Deputy Manager and Director of Marketing for the Costa Rica Tourism Board, Maria Amalia Revelo, said: "Costa Rica is proud to offer these environmentally friendly hotels for the variety of different tourists that visit our beautiful country.
"We applaud Travelocity for creating this Green Hotel Directory that not only benefits travellers but also helps set a global example for sustainable tourism."
Alison Presley, manager of Travelocity's Travel for Good program, added: "Costa Rica is widely known as one of the top eco-tourism destinations in the world. We are excited to expand our eco-friendly hotel options in Costa Rica, thanks to our new relationship with CST."
Created in 1955, the Instituto Costarricense de Turismo is an independent institution which regulates tourism activities in Costa Rica and promotes attractions and locations across the country. The institution also provides regulations and grants for Costa Rica hotels, car hire companies, travel agencies and travel and tour providers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Explorer's Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest, a country renowned for its beaches, volcanoes, and biodiversity
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury; gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more all included
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your immersive tour
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...