Havana's Capri Hotel to be repaired and restored
Famously known for its reference by Mario Puzo in The Godfather, the Capri Hotel, one of the oldest and most famous central Havana hotels during the 1950s and famous for its gangster guests is finally undergoing repairs.
One of the most famous Havana hotels, the Capri Hotel in the well known neighbourhood of Vedado is undergoing repairs after years of being closed.
Famous for its gangster guests, the hotel in central Havana was built in 1958 by New York mobster Santo Traficante and is famous for its reference by Mario Puzo in the film The Godfather.
The high rise building is situated close to 23rd Street and the city's shopping district, on a corner, and offers city views from its 19 floors and 216 rooms.
During the 1950s the property was amongst one of the most popular Havana hotels for American gangsters on Cuba holidays and its main features include a rooftop swimming pool and restaurant, La Florentina.
Havana is the capital city of Cuba and the second largest city in the Caribbean, which is rich in culture, history and excitement.
Travellers on Havana holidays can experience the vivacious city by exploring the historical sites, winding cobbled streets and mingling with the high spirited local residents.
The Parque Central offers a fantastic spot to escape the hustle and bustle of traffic and vibrant salsa rhythms where travellers can relax amid fragrant gardens and peaceful surroundings.
Old Havana offers baroque and neo-classical architecture and buildings and is undergoing restoration by the Cuban government to attract more visitors to explore the historical piazzas and streets.
There is plenty to see and do all year round in this bustling city including the Havana Jazz Festival which features performance from Cuba's finest musicians as well as appearances from international artists; Havana International Ballet Festival; the Havana International Film Festival; and the famous Habanos Cigar Festival which takes part every February.
The reopening of Capri Hotel is expected to spark a lot of interest from travellers all over the world who are keen to visit the property which is so famously known to many mafia film buffs hoping to catch a glimpse inside the historical building which saw frequent visits from some of the world's most dangerous gangsters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
Explore two different sides of Cuba with excellent range of facilities and entertainments
- Explore downtown Havana and enjoy a comfortable and relaxing stay in your legendary Havana Hotel
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling at Iberostar Tainos
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Seize this opportunity to explore Cuba's mystical and ancient capital from top to bottom, savouring its enduring...
Explore the beautiful and interesting sites of Cuba's capital during an 8-day stay in the centric Park View Hotel....