Havana's Capri Hotel to be repaired and restored
Famously known for its reference by Mario Puzo in The Godfather, the Capri Hotel, one of the oldest and most famous central Havana hotels during the 1950s and famous for its gangster guests is finally undergoing repairs.
One of the most famous Havana hotels, the Capri Hotel in the well known neighbourhood of Vedado is undergoing repairs after years of being closed.
Famous for its gangster guests, the hotel in central Havana was built in 1958 by New York mobster Santo Traficante and is famous for its reference by Mario Puzo in the film The Godfather.
The high rise building is situated close to 23rd Street and the city's shopping district, on a corner, and offers city views from its 19 floors and 216 rooms.
During the 1950s the property was amongst one of the most popular Havana hotels for American gangsters on Cuba holidays and its main features include a rooftop swimming pool and restaurant, La Florentina.
Havana is the capital city of Cuba and the second largest city in the Caribbean, which is rich in culture, history and excitement.
Travellers on Havana holidays can experience the vivacious city by exploring the historical sites, winding cobbled streets and mingling with the high spirited local residents.
The Parque Central offers a fantastic spot to escape the hustle and bustle of traffic and vibrant salsa rhythms where travellers can relax amid fragrant gardens and peaceful surroundings.
Old Havana offers baroque and neo-classical architecture and buildings and is undergoing restoration by the Cuban government to attract more visitors to explore the historical piazzas and streets.
There is plenty to see and do all year round in this bustling city including the Havana Jazz Festival which features performance from Cuba's finest musicians as well as appearances from international artists; Havana International Ballet Festival; the Havana International Film Festival; and the famous Habanos Cigar Festival which takes part every February.
The reopening of Capri Hotel is expected to spark a lot of interest from travellers all over the world who are keen to visit the property which is so famously known to many mafia film buffs hoping to catch a glimpse inside the historical building which saw frequent visits from some of the world's most dangerous gangsters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- The first 30 bookings for travel in September or October will also get free upgrades to Sea View rooms in both hotels
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...
If you are looking for a quiet city, sea fronted location, with the possibility of combining a relaxing holiday with...