Havana's Capri Hotel to be repaired and restored
Famously known for its reference by Mario Puzo in The Godfather, the Capri Hotel, one of the oldest and most famous central Havana hotels during the 1950s and famous for its gangster guests is finally undergoing repairs.
One of the most famous Havana hotels, the Capri Hotel in the well known neighbourhood of Vedado is undergoing repairs after years of being closed.
Famous for its gangster guests, the hotel in central Havana was built in 1958 by New York mobster Santo Traficante and is famous for its reference by Mario Puzo in the film The Godfather.
The high rise building is situated close to 23rd Street and the city's shopping district, on a corner, and offers city views from its 19 floors and 216 rooms.
During the 1950s the property was amongst one of the most popular Havana hotels for American gangsters on Cuba holidays and its main features include a rooftop swimming pool and restaurant, La Florentina.
Havana is the capital city of Cuba and the second largest city in the Caribbean, which is rich in culture, history and excitement.
Travellers on Havana holidays can experience the vivacious city by exploring the historical sites, winding cobbled streets and mingling with the high spirited local residents.
The Parque Central offers a fantastic spot to escape the hustle and bustle of traffic and vibrant salsa rhythms where travellers can relax amid fragrant gardens and peaceful surroundings.
Old Havana offers baroque and neo-classical architecture and buildings and is undergoing restoration by the Cuban government to attract more visitors to explore the historical piazzas and streets.
There is plenty to see and do all year round in this bustling city including the Havana Jazz Festival which features performance from Cuba's finest musicians as well as appearances from international artists; Havana International Ballet Festival; the Havana International Film Festival; and the famous Habanos Cigar Festival which takes part every February.
The reopening of Capri Hotel is expected to spark a lot of interest from travellers all over the world who are keen to visit the property which is so famously known to many mafia film buffs hoping to catch a glimpse inside the historical building which saw frequent visits from some of the world's most dangerous gangsters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
This fabulous holiday package starts you off with a 3-night stay at the elegant and modern memories miramar in Havana's...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...