Havana's Capri Hotel to be repaired and restored
Famously known for its reference by Mario Puzo in The Godfather, the Capri Hotel, one of the oldest and most famous central Havana hotels during the 1950s and famous for its gangster guests is finally undergoing repairs.
One of the most famous Havana hotels, the Capri Hotel in the well known neighbourhood of Vedado is undergoing repairs after years of being closed.
Famous for its gangster guests, the hotel in central Havana was built in 1958 by New York mobster Santo Traficante and is famous for its reference by Mario Puzo in the film The Godfather.
The high rise building is situated close to 23rd Street and the city's shopping district, on a corner, and offers city views from its 19 floors and 216 rooms.
During the 1950s the property was amongst one of the most popular Havana hotels for American gangsters on Cuba holidays and its main features include a rooftop swimming pool and restaurant, La Florentina.
Havana is the capital city of Cuba and the second largest city in the Caribbean, which is rich in culture, history and excitement.
Travellers on Havana holidays can experience the vivacious city by exploring the historical sites, winding cobbled streets and mingling with the high spirited local residents.
The Parque Central offers a fantastic spot to escape the hustle and bustle of traffic and vibrant salsa rhythms where travellers can relax amid fragrant gardens and peaceful surroundings.
Old Havana offers baroque and neo-classical architecture and buildings and is undergoing restoration by the Cuban government to attract more visitors to explore the historical piazzas and streets.
There is plenty to see and do all year round in this bustling city including the Havana Jazz Festival which features performance from Cuba's finest musicians as well as appearances from international artists; Havana International Ballet Festival; the Havana International Film Festival; and the famous Habanos Cigar Festival which takes part every February.
The reopening of Capri Hotel is expected to spark a lot of interest from travellers all over the world who are keen to visit the property which is so famously known to many mafia film buffs hoping to catch a glimpse inside the historical building which saw frequent visits from some of the world's most dangerous gangsters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, room upgrade and more
- Enjoy a full range of Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero.
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Feel the intoxicating Latin vibe in Havana and relax on the sun-kissed sands of Varadero beach.
- Memories Miramar Hotel operates a free of charge shuttle bus to the centre of Havana so guests can enjoy the best of the wonderful City's attractions
- Blau Varadero offers fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day and for the health conscious there are various wellness options
- Added extras for couples include a welcome cocktail, private check-in and complimentary massages
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Located in a hip and centric section of Varadero, in close proximity to the best nightlife in the area, the Villa...