Havana's Capri Hotel to be repaired and restored
Famously known for its reference by Mario Puzo in The Godfather, the Capri Hotel, one of the oldest and most famous central Havana hotels during the 1950s and famous for its gangster guests is finally undergoing repairs.
One of the most famous Havana hotels, the Capri Hotel in the well known neighbourhood of Vedado is undergoing repairs after years of being closed.
Famous for its gangster guests, the hotel in central Havana was built in 1958 by New York mobster Santo Traficante and is famous for its reference by Mario Puzo in the film The Godfather.
The high rise building is situated close to 23rd Street and the city's shopping district, on a corner, and offers city views from its 19 floors and 216 rooms.
During the 1950s the property was amongst one of the most popular Havana hotels for American gangsters on Cuba holidays and its main features include a rooftop swimming pool and restaurant, La Florentina.
Havana is the capital city of Cuba and the second largest city in the Caribbean, which is rich in culture, history and excitement.
Travellers on Havana holidays can experience the vivacious city by exploring the historical sites, winding cobbled streets and mingling with the high spirited local residents.
The Parque Central offers a fantastic spot to escape the hustle and bustle of traffic and vibrant salsa rhythms where travellers can relax amid fragrant gardens and peaceful surroundings.
Old Havana offers baroque and neo-classical architecture and buildings and is undergoing restoration by the Cuban government to attract more visitors to explore the historical piazzas and streets.
There is plenty to see and do all year round in this bustling city including the Havana Jazz Festival which features performance from Cuba's finest musicians as well as appearances from international artists; Havana International Ballet Festival; the Havana International Film Festival; and the famous Habanos Cigar Festival which takes part every February.
The reopening of Capri Hotel is expected to spark a lot of interest from travellers all over the world who are keen to visit the property which is so famously known to many mafia film buffs hoping to catch a glimpse inside the historical building which saw frequent visits from some of the world's most dangerous gangsters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Havana Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Embark on an exciting journey of discovery as you tour Cuba's historic capital Havana. During your week in Habana you...