Jamaica welcomes boost in tourist arrivals and new Treasure Beach Aerodrome
Travellers from the UK are fleeing from the icy and snowy conditions to head off on their Jamaica holidays bringing a welcomed boost in tourism to the Caribbean island as it kicks off its winter holiday season.
Jamaica is seeing an increase in the number of tourists enjoying their Jamaica holidays at the beginning of the Winter holiday season as many travellers from the UK are fleeing from the snow and plummeting temperatures.
During the first week of the season (16th December) the Caribbean island saw a record 9.6 per cent increase on tourists stopping over. The visitors, mostly from the Europe and North America were filling up Jamaica hotels as they search for sun, sea and sand during the one of the coldest winters on record.
The increase in tourist arrivals is a welcome boost to the economy of the island as Jamaica heavily relies on tourism as a major income and Jamaica hotels are major employers for local labour force. Last year, the global recession had a significant impact on travel but the number of travellers who booked Jamaica holidays was recorded at 1.83 million.
Tourism officials are aware that Jamaica cannot just rely on cold weather to entice travellers to the region and plans are underway to integrate long-term measures including services and products that will encourage more visitors and benefit the country and its residents.
The development of new hotels and resorts in Jamaica is just one way of attracting more visitors to the region and a new aerodrome situated close to Treasure Beach is expected to help bring these visitors to the island.
Unlike the more luxury all inclusive resorts in Jamaica, Treasure Beach is a resort recognized for its tranquil and peaceful surroundings off the beaten track. The resort is appealing to travellers who are seeking quiet holidays in Jamaica where they can relax and enjoy nature’s finest whilst mingling with the friendly local community.
Visitors are encouraged to eat in local restaurants and drink in local bars where they can experience the authentic Jamaica. Activities include fishing, swimming, hiking, bird watching, visiting the area’s unspoiled beautiful beaches, and playing sports with the locals.
The new airstrip is likely to put Treasure Beach on the map as "a premier destination in the Caribbean", according to the Conceptualiser, hotelier Jason Henzell.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...