Jamaica welcomes boost in tourist arrivals and new Treasure Beach Aerodrome
Travellers from the UK are fleeing from the icy and snowy conditions to head off on their Jamaica holidays bringing a welcomed boost in tourism to the Caribbean island as it kicks off its winter holiday season.
Jamaica is seeing an increase in the number of tourists enjoying their Jamaica holidays at the beginning of the Winter holiday season as many travellers from the UK are fleeing from the snow and plummeting temperatures.
During the first week of the season (16th December) the Caribbean island saw a record 9.6 per cent increase on tourists stopping over. The visitors, mostly from the Europe and North America were filling up Jamaica hotels as they search for sun, sea and sand during the one of the coldest winters on record.
The increase in tourist arrivals is a welcome boost to the economy of the island as Jamaica heavily relies on tourism as a major income and Jamaica hotels are major employers for local labour force. Last year, the global recession had a significant impact on travel but the number of travellers who booked Jamaica holidays was recorded at 1.83 million.
Tourism officials are aware that Jamaica cannot just rely on cold weather to entice travellers to the region and plans are underway to integrate long-term measures including services and products that will encourage more visitors and benefit the country and its residents.
The development of new hotels and resorts in Jamaica is just one way of attracting more visitors to the region and a new aerodrome situated close to Treasure Beach is expected to help bring these visitors to the island.
Unlike the more luxury all inclusive resorts in Jamaica, Treasure Beach is a resort recognized for its tranquil and peaceful surroundings off the beaten track. The resort is appealing to travellers who are seeking quiet holidays in Jamaica where they can relax and enjoy nature’s finest whilst mingling with the friendly local community.
Visitors are encouraged to eat in local restaurants and drink in local bars where they can experience the authentic Jamaica. Activities include fishing, swimming, hiking, bird watching, visiting the area’s unspoiled beautiful beaches, and playing sports with the locals.
The new airstrip is likely to put Treasure Beach on the map as "a premier destination in the Caribbean", according to the Conceptualiser, hotelier Jason Henzell.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Summer 2018 Sale now on, save £250 per person
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Discover Unlimited-Fun® with warm Jamaican hospitality in Montego Bay with a complimentary upgrade and resort coupons
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Book and receive an upgrade to the next available room category plus $200 resort coupons per room
- Pirate's Paradise Waterpark on-site featuring a pirate ship and two waterslides
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...