Jamaica welcomes boost in tourist arrivals and new Treasure Beach Aerodrome
Travellers from the UK are fleeing from the icy and snowy conditions to head off on their Jamaica holidays bringing a welcomed boost in tourism to the Caribbean island as it kicks off its winter holiday season.
Jamaica is seeing an increase in the number of tourists enjoying their Jamaica holidays at the beginning of the Winter holiday season as many travellers from the UK are fleeing from the snow and plummeting temperatures.
During the first week of the season (16th December) the Caribbean island saw a record 9.6 per cent increase on tourists stopping over. The visitors, mostly from the Europe and North America were filling up Jamaica hotels as they search for sun, sea and sand during the one of the coldest winters on record.
The increase in tourist arrivals is a welcome boost to the economy of the island as Jamaica heavily relies on tourism as a major income and Jamaica hotels are major employers for local labour force. Last year, the global recession had a significant impact on travel but the number of travellers who booked Jamaica holidays was recorded at 1.83 million.
Tourism officials are aware that Jamaica cannot just rely on cold weather to entice travellers to the region and plans are underway to integrate long-term measures including services and products that will encourage more visitors and benefit the country and its residents.
The development of new hotels and resorts in Jamaica is just one way of attracting more visitors to the region and a new aerodrome situated close to Treasure Beach is expected to help bring these visitors to the island.
Unlike the more luxury all inclusive resorts in Jamaica, Treasure Beach is a resort recognized for its tranquil and peaceful surroundings off the beaten track. The resort is appealing to travellers who are seeking quiet holidays in Jamaica where they can relax and enjoy nature’s finest whilst mingling with the friendly local community.
Visitors are encouraged to eat in local restaurants and drink in local bars where they can experience the authentic Jamaica. Activities include fishing, swimming, hiking, bird watching, visiting the area’s unspoiled beautiful beaches, and playing sports with the locals.
The new airstrip is likely to put Treasure Beach on the map as "a premier destination in the Caribbean", according to the Conceptualiser, hotelier Jason Henzell.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, catamarans & More
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks at a choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Incredible Savings of up to 50%, book and save up to £800 per person!
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...