Jamaica welcomes boost in tourist arrivals and new Treasure Beach Aerodrome
Travellers from the UK are fleeing from the icy and snowy conditions to head off on their Jamaica holidays bringing a welcomed boost in tourism to the Caribbean island as it kicks off its winter holiday season.
Jamaica is seeing an increase in the number of tourists enjoying their Jamaica holidays at the beginning of the Winter holiday season as many travellers from the UK are fleeing from the snow and plummeting temperatures.
During the first week of the season (16th December) the Caribbean island saw a record 9.6 per cent increase on tourists stopping over. The visitors, mostly from the Europe and North America were filling up Jamaica hotels as they search for sun, sea and sand during the one of the coldest winters on record.
The increase in tourist arrivals is a welcome boost to the economy of the island as Jamaica heavily relies on tourism as a major income and Jamaica hotels are major employers for local labour force. Last year, the global recession had a significant impact on travel but the number of travellers who booked Jamaica holidays was recorded at 1.83 million.
Tourism officials are aware that Jamaica cannot just rely on cold weather to entice travellers to the region and plans are underway to integrate long-term measures including services and products that will encourage more visitors and benefit the country and its residents.
The development of new hotels and resorts in Jamaica is just one way of attracting more visitors to the region and a new aerodrome situated close to Treasure Beach is expected to help bring these visitors to the island.
Unlike the more luxury all inclusive resorts in Jamaica, Treasure Beach is a resort recognized for its tranquil and peaceful surroundings off the beaten track. The resort is appealing to travellers who are seeking quiet holidays in Jamaica where they can relax and enjoy nature’s finest whilst mingling with the friendly local community.
Visitors are encouraged to eat in local restaurants and drink in local bars where they can experience the authentic Jamaica. Activities include fishing, swimming, hiking, bird watching, visiting the area’s unspoiled beautiful beaches, and playing sports with the locals.
The new airstrip is likely to put Treasure Beach on the map as "a premier destination in the Caribbean", according to the Conceptualiser, hotelier Jason Henzell.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- 2 Kids 14 and under stay and play free
- Famous for Watersports available on the beach plus a selection of other activities like the championship golf course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills from fine dining or casual
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...